Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Exam (DCECE) is a state level entrance exam conducted in the state of Bihar for admissions into various Colleges in Bihar offering the following courses:
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- POLYTECHNIC (ENGG.) (PE)
- PART TIME 4 YEARS POLYTECHNIC ENGG. (PPE)
- PARA MEDICAL-DENTAL (MATRIC LEVEL) (PMD)
- PARAMEDICAL (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL) (PM)
The admissions shall be based solely on the marks obtained in the entrance exam and upon fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The detailed information regarding Eligibility criteria, application procedure, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit card download, results and counselling procedure is discussed in this article. Keep visiting this page for the updated information regarding Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018.
Important Dates and Updates Regarding Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018
Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018 Exam has been held on 12th & 13th May 2018. The Bihar Polytechnic 2018 official answer key of the exam is going to release soon. The answer key will be uploaded here once it gets released.
|Online Registration starting date||16.03.2018|
|Online Registration closing date||14.04.2018 (Extended)|
|Payment via Bank Challan||16.4.2018 (up to Banking hours)|
|Online payment||17.4.2018 (up to 12 pm midnight)|
|Online Editing of Application Form||18.04.2018 to 23.04.2018|
|Issue of Online Admit Card||4th May 2018|
|Proposed date of Examination||PM and PMD: 12.05.2018
PE and PPE: 13.05.2018
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE Admit Card 2018
Amit card for Bihar Polytechnic 2018 shall be issued only to those candidates whose candidature has been found valid after verification of all the furnished documents. The DCECE 2018 admit card shall be available for download on the official webiste. After downloading the admit card and getting it printed, ensure that you have pasted a copy of the photograph you uploaded before at the given space. Also, remember to put your signature in the given box.
If any mistake is found in the admit card, immediately contact: Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E. Board, I.A.S. Association Building, Near Patna Airport, P.O.- B.V.College, Patna in person up to 5 days before the exam. Ensure that you go through all the instructions mentioned in the DCECE admit card and follow them before appearing for the exam.
To Download the “Bihar DCECE Admit Card 2018” – Click Here
Eligibility Criteria For Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2018
The course wise eligibility requirements are explained below:
- Candidates should have passed or pass (if appearing) class 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with minimum 35% marks.
- He/She should be a citizen of India.
- He/she should be fit medically.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- Candidates must have passed the 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized Bihar board with 50% marks in Science and Mathematics individually with three years work experience.
- He/she should have Indian citizenship.
- He/she should be fit medically.
- He/she should be minimum 19 years of age as on 1st August 2018.
- Candidates should have cleared or appeared in the 10th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with core subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- The minimum age limit is 15 years and the maximum is 30 years on 31st December 2018.
- For Diploma in Pharmacy, candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry, English, maths and biology subjects.
- For GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) course, candidates should have cleared the 12th or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry and biology subjects with minimum 40% for marks for general candidates and 35% marks for reserved candidates.
- The minimum age should be 17 years and maximum 32 years as or on 31st December 2018.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- He/she should be medically fit.
Application Procedure For Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018
Application Form correction window for DCECE 2018 is available from 18 April to 20 April 2018. To edit/ make changes in the application form, the registered candidates need to enter email ID and password. To make correction, click on “Bihar DCECE Application Form Correction”.
The application procedure for Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018 shall include the following steps:
- Visit the website www.bceceboard.com and click on the link “Apply for DCECE (PE/PPE/PM/ PMD) 2018“
- Fill in all the details on the registration form that shall be displayed on the screen.
- On successful registration, You shall be notified regarding the same on your registered mobile number and E-mail.
- Retain your Registration ID and Password safely for future reference.
Payment of Examination Fee
- Log in to your account using your registration Id and Password.
- The Application fee can be paid in two ways:
- Challan: Download the challan that shall be available on selecting this option and visit any branch of Canara Bank to pay the examination fees. You shall be charged an extra fee of Rs. 60/-.
- Online: The examination fee can be paid online through Netbanking/credit card/debit card on the payment gateway. You shall be charged extra transaction charges and service taxes.
The category-wise charges shall be as follows depending on the number of courses you wish to opt for (PE/PPE/PM/PMD):
|No of courses applied for||General/BC/OBC||SC/ST/PH|
|One||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 480/-|
|Two||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 530/-|
|Three||Rs. 950/-||Rs. 630/-|
|Four||Rs. 1150/-||Rs. 730/-|
- After successful payment of the application fees, Click on the link “Fill the Personal Information” on your account.
- You shall be required to enter particulars regarding your personal information.
- Upload a scanned copy of your photograph. The photo must be taken holding a placard with your name and date on which it was taken.
- Upload scanned copies of your signature in Hindi as well as English at the allotted space.
Enter all the details regarding your Educational qualifications.
Submission and Download of the Application Form
- Before Clicking on the final Submit button, You can preview your entries by clicking on “Preview” button.
- If you need to edit any information, edit it before the final submit. No changes can be made hereafter.
- After final submission, Download the application form and take two printouts (one for yourself and one for posting).
Dispatch of Application Forms, Enclosures and Paid Challan by Post.
- On the Downloaded hard copy of the application form, past a copy of the photograph that you uploaded at the space given.
- Put your signature in the given box.
- In an Envelope (17cm x 30 cm) post the application form along with enclosures of the paid challan and photocopies of important documents to the following address:
- On top of the envelope, write “Application for DCECE (PE/PPE/PMD/PM)-2017” and the course you are applying for just below it.
- The following certificates must be enclosed with the application form:
- Certificate of passing, Marks sheet and Admit Card of Matric/ equivalent Examination for Polytechnic (Engg.) / P.P.E. / Para Medical-Dental Courses (Matric Level)
- Certificate of passing, Marks Sheet and Admit Card of Intermediate / or equivalent examination for Para Medical Courses (Intermediate Level).
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate (If needed to be submitted at the time of counselling)
- Certificate for the permanent resident of Bihar.
- Certificate proof if belonging to any special categories.
Exam Pattern And Syllabus For DCECE 2018
The following points highlight the exam pattern for DCECE 2018:
- Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- No. Of questions: 90
- Maximum Marks: 450
- Language: Hindi and English
- Type: MCQ
The course wise breakdown of the syllabus is explained below:
PE and PPE Course
The questions asked shall be of the standard of class 10th.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Science (Physics/Chemistry/
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
Results of Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018
The result of Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018 for PE, PPE, PM, PMD shall be declared online within a month of the Entrance examination. Keep visiting this space for updated information.
The results for Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018 can be viewed in the following steps:
- Visit the website www.bceceboard.com
- Click on the link “Result of DCECE 2018”
- Enter your Roll No. And view your result.
Merit List of Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018
Soon after the release of results, the board shall release the merit list of the exam with rankings of the candidates.
The merit list can be viewed in the following steps:
- Visit the website www.bceceboard.com
- Click on the link “Merit of DCECE 2018”
- The merit list shall be available in a pdf format.
- Search for your roll number to know your ranking.
The Ranks of the candidates shall be decided by the marks scored in the entrance test. However, in case of a tie i.e students scoring similar marks, the following order of priority shall be exercised to assign a rank:
|1||Marks scored in mathematics||Marks scored in Biology||Marks scored in General science|
|2||Marks in Physics||Marks in Chemistry||Marks in mathematical ability|
|3||Age of the candidate||Age of the candidate||Age of the candidate|
Counselling And Admissions For Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018
After the declaration of the Merit list, the board shall invite candidates according to their rankings for counselling at the venue:
The notification regarding invite of students for counselling shall be published in the website www.bceceboard.com along with the Ranks of the candidates who have made it to that particular round of counselling.
The counselling for Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) 2018 shall include the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates willing to participate in the counselling procedure must register themselves online for the same on www.bceceboard.com. Carefully choose the courses and institutes that you wish to take admission in.
- Verification of Documents: Candidates must visit the designated venue on the notified date for verification of documents
- Allotment of Seats: After the verification of documents, counselling round shall start and candidates will be allotted seats based on their merit and the choice of their courses and institutes.
- Download Provisional Admission Letter: After allotment of seat, the candidate must download the provisional admission letter from the official website.
- Reporting at the Allotted College: The candidate must report at the allotted institute to confirm his/her admission and pay the prescribed fee to complete the admission procedure.
Documents For Bihar Polytechnic Counselling
- DCECE 2018 Rank Card
- DCECE 2018 Application Form
- DCECE 2018 Hall Ticket
- DCECE 2018 Call or Counselling letter
- Class 10th Marks Sheet and Certificate.
- Intermediate Class 12th Marks Sheet and Certificate
- Caste or Category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport size photograph
Reservation Of Seats For Bihar Polytechnic – DCECE 2018
Category wise reservation of seats is shown in the table below:
|Category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||16%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||1%|
|EBC (Extremely Backward Class)||18%|
|BC (Backward Class)||12%|
|RCG (Reserved Category Girls)||3%|
|Ex-Servicemen||1 seat per course per institute|