The last date to make the correction or complete the remaining steps of AIIMS MBBS 2018 application form was March 12, 2018. The registered candidates of AIIMS MBBS 2018 can check their application form status by CLICKING HERE.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences also known as AIIMS will conduct the entrance exam for students who wish to study medicine after completing the high school. After NEET and JIPMER, AIIMS MBBS is one of the most prestigious medical examinations conducted at the undergraduate level. Aspirants who wish to get admission in 707 seats offered in various AIIMS institutions across India will have to give the exam in online mode in any of the two slots provided/chosen by the association/candidate respectively. New Delhi alone will provide 107 seats and the rest of the 6 cities mentioned below will provide 100 seats each.
AIIMS is an autonomous body that awards its own medical degrees and other distinctions. All India Institute of Medical Sciences is a medical college and medical research public university based in New Delhi, India. The seats that it offers to all the medical aspirants are located in New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh. Bachelors of Medicine and bachelors of surgery which is commonly known as MBBS is the basic under-graduate medical course for which AIIMS conducts the examination.
- 1 AIIMS MBBS 2018 Updates
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2018
- 3 AIIMS 2018 Application Form And Fees
- 4 Exam Pattern of AIIMS 2018
- 5 Syllabus For AIIMS MBBS 2018
- 6 Preparation Tips For AIIMS MBBS 2018
- 7 AIIMS 2018 Admit Card
- 8 AIIMS MBBS 2018 Answer Key
- 9 AIIMS 2018 Cut-off
- 10 AIIMS 2018 Results
- 11 AIIMS 2018 Counselling
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Updates
As per the notification released by AIIMS in September 2017, AIIMS MBBS examination for the year 2018 will be conducted on 26th and 27th May 2018 and the result of the same will be announced on 18th June 2018.
Important dates of AIIMS MBBS 2018
|Application Notification||1st February 2018|
|Online Applications begin||5th February 2018|
|Online Applications close||3rd March 2018|
|Application form Correction||8th – 12th March 2018|
|Release of AIIMS MBBS Admit Card||10th May 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS 2018||26th and 27th May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||18th June 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2018
The eligibility criteria for the AIIMS MBBS examination is set by the admission authority of AIIMS. Every candidate appearing for the exam must meet the minimum eligibility criteria to give the exam.
- Candidates must have passed classed 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized university or board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the subjects studied.
- Candidates appearing for their class 12th examination or equivalent in the year 2018, who know they will qualify the same are also eligible to apply. They must, however, provide the necessary document stating that they have qualified the exam, failing which, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
- Candidates who have appeared for the examination of an Indian University or of a foreign university that is equivalent to the Class 12 exam, will have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association of the Indian Universities.
- Candidates belonging to the General and OBC category need to have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Candidates belonging to the ST/SC/PH category need to have scored a minimum of 50% in the above-mentioned subjects.
- Candidates who have CGPA only will have to apply for conversion factor in the application form of the exam.
- Foreign candidates nominated by the government of India should have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks in the said subjects in their class 12 exam or equivalent.
- Candidate should be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018
- Candidates born on or after 2nd January 2002 are not eligible to apply.
- Candidate should be an Indian national.
- Overseas citizens of India are also eligible to apply provided they submit the proof of registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
AIIMS 2018 Application Form And Fees
The online application form for AIIMS MBBS 2018 have been made available from 5th February 2018. There will not be any application form available offline. Applicants must make sure that they fill the application form before the last date which is 5th March 2018. Any change in the correction form will not be entertained after it has been updated.
The submission of application form is incomplete without the payment of application fees that have to be paid by both the reserved category candidates as will as non-reserved category candidates. The application form fees will be Rs. 1000 for General and OBC category candidates and Rs. 800 for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates. The mode of payment of fees includes online mode through Credit/Debit Card or Net banking options. Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH) candidates will be exempted from paying the AIIMS MBBS 2018 application fees.
Exam Pattern of AIIMS 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be conducted in the online mode in a computer-based test form and will consist of multiple type questions from the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) and general knowledge. The exam will be held in the morning and afternoon slot and will be held for a duration of three and a half hours. The medium in which a student can take the exam is set as both English and Hindi. 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 1/3 of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|subjects||Marks per subject||Total|
Syllabus For AIIMS MBBS 2018
The syllabus for AIIMS MBBS 2018 will remain the same as it has been prescribed for previous years. The Medical Council of India decides the syllabus for the exam. It consists of all the topics studied in 10+2 or equivalent.
The syllabus for all the 4 subjects is given below:
Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices
Solid State, Solutions, Electro chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p- Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology and environment
Geography, history, India Independence, science, international organizations, computer science, current affairs
Preparation Tips For AIIMS MBBS 2018
Candidates appearing for the exam must follow these tips to thoroughly prepare for the exam.
- Pay attention in school – Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the UPSEE 2018 question paper are covered.
- Manage your day – Chart out a time-table on a daily basis. This will give you ample amount of time to study, take breaks and revise what you’ve studied.
- Coaching classes – Aspirants who can manage time and want to join batch wise tuition centres can join coaching classes.
- Keep yourself updated – Keeping yourself in sync with previous years’ question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
- Practice mock test – There are various tests available for students who want to prepare themselves thoroughly. After completing the preparations, students can take timed-mock test and check if whether they are able to complete the exam in given time. Candidates can also go for online test series after they are done with the syllabus.
- Clarify your doubts – Students must not forget to clear their doubts however small they may be. It is advisable for the students to approach their school teachers and tuition teachers whenever in need.
- Eat healthy – Students must make sure that while preparing for exams they eat healthy and have a healthy sleeping pattern. The entire preparation will prove futile if you do not feel fit on the day of exam.
AIIMS 2018 Admit Card
The admit card or hall ticket of AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be generated online on 10th May 2018. Admit card is one of the important documents that the candidates need to carry to the examination hall. The failure to produce the hall ticket will prevent the candidate from giving the examination. Only those who have successfully registered and submitted the application form will be able to view and download the admit card from the official website of AIIMS. It is important that the candidates check all the information given on the admit card. In case of discrepancy, they must contact the official authority of AIIMS to make the required changes.
The AIIMS 2018 admit card will contain useful information like candidate’s name, exam center details, exam timings etc. Students must keep visiting the official website to know all the exam related details.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Answer Key
For most of the exams that are conducted as entrance test, there is an answer key that students can view to compare their answers and have an idea of the probable score that they will obtain in the result. For AIIMS MBBS, there will be no answer key that will be released given that it is an online computer-based test. There may be unofficial answer keys released by some coaching institutes, but those answers keys will not be reliable.
AIIMS 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off is the minimum marks required to qualify any examination. Sometimes the cut-off also refers to the opening and closing rank. The cut-off for AIIMS 2018 will be released a few weeks after the result has been announced. It will determine whether candidates belonging to the reserved and the un-reserved categories have qualified the exam or not. The cut-off for general category Candidates is expected to be 50%, 45% for the OBC candidates and 40% for SC/ST candidates. Since the exam will be held in two sessions, a normalization procedure will be considered to prepare the cut-off. If there are different percentiles from both the shifts, the lower of the two percentiles will be taken as the cut-off for all the candidates.
AIIMS 2018 Results
As per the notification released by AIIMS for the entrance exam being conducted on 26th and 27th May 2018 for MBBS, the final date for the declaration of the result is 18th June 2018. The result will be available online only for those candidates who have taken the examination. Candidates will have to log in to the individual account to view and download the result. The AIIMS MBBS Result will contain candidate’s name, roll number, father’s name and category and result. The result of each candidate will state whether he/she is eligible for counselling and admission procedure.
AIIMS 2018 Counselling
After the results have been declared, eligible and qualified candidates will be called for counselling. Along with the date of examination and the date of Result, AIIMS has also released counselling dates which are as follows:
|1st Counselling||03rd, 04th, 05th, 06th July, 2018 (Tuesday-Friday)|
|2nd Counselling||2nd August, 2018 (Thursday)|
|3rd Counselling||4th September, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Open Counselling (If required)||27th September, 2018 (Thursday)|
The counselling procedure for AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be held in the offline mode where candidates will be called to meet the concerned authority in person. The seats to the 7 AIIMS institutions will be allotted in the counselling process. Candidates will have to carry the required documents and reach AIIMS, New Delhi, on the allotted day and time.
- Candidates will be called for counsellings and will be given seats on the basis of merit, irrespective of the category they belong to.
- The seats will then be filled up by reserved category students after the unreserved seats have been filled.
- In case there are vacant seats in the SC category, the seats will be passed on to the ST category. If both the SC and ST category seats remain vacant, then these seats will be passed on to the general category. In case there are vacant seats in the SC category, the seats will be passed on to the ST category. If both the SC and ST category seats remain vacant, then these seats will be passed on to the general category.