Any form of narration requires expression and an idea of presenting the creator’s vision. Actors aim at providing the face and the voice of the creation. Acting as a profession has always been seen as a risky choice but nonetheless the passionate ones have always found their way by stunning the audiences with their performances and by bringing to life the characters who were just described in words.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
With the rising opportunities in both films and theatres, more and more talents are paving their way through. Some of them find their approach to being an internet sensation or through going to theatres or approaching directly for movie or TV acting. Immense success and money are for definite once you set yourself up as a brand in the industry.
Recent times have seen the growing opportunities for actors especially with social media fame which can be overnight. No doubt people are finding new career opportunities in this field, some of them you can go through from below:
Theatre: Theatre has always provided a platform for methodical actors. Being considered as a difficult platform as there is no option of the retake, the performance in front of the live audience has been known as the essence of the theatre performances.
Movies: The dream of every actor of getting a break with a renowned director and production, actors provide essence to the characters created to be performed. Acting in a movie can provide fame and popularity among the masses.
Television: This has provided a winning chance for actors with money and popularity among the common households. In the recent years, tv shows have seen a raised viewing giving opportunities for actors to explore this industry more and more.
Web Series: This has become a rage especially among the youth with the easy access to the net and everyone’s presence on the social media platform. A new concept of web series has also provided platforms for young talents with efficient skills, in fact, they have turned out to be more popular and are enjoying the rising viewership providing immense popularity to the actors.
Leading Institutes for Pursuing Acting:
For actors struggling to give their dream, a start can go for it by joining an acting institute. There are well-established institutes with rich guidance and skilful techniques required for enhancing the acting skills. Go through the name of some of the institutes from below:
Acting Institutes In India
|Barry John Acting studio, Mumbai and Delhi||
|Film and Television Institute of India, Pune||Two Year Post-Graduate Diploma in Acting|
|National School of Drama, Delhi||A Three Year full time Post-Graduate Diploma course in Dramatic Arts.|
|RK Films and Media Academy, New Delhi||
|Center For Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT), Delhi||Acting and Modelling Course
|National Institute of Film and Fine Arts, West Bengal and Mumbai||
|Digital Academy-The Film School, Mumbai, Maharashtra||Course in Acting-
Institutes for pursuing Acting Abroad:
|Yale School of Drama, United States||
|London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, London||
|National Institute of Dramatic Art, Australia||Courses in Acting-
|Tisch School of the Arts, New York||
How to Pursue Acting as a Career:
- Fellows interested in pursuing acting can pursue Bachelors in Mass Communication or in any other discipline for three years right after passing their class 12th exams from any stream.
- One can also go directly for pursuing Diploma in Acting for 1 to 2 years after their 12th.
Pursue specialization in Acting course after completing graduation in Mass Media Course. Grad in mass media can be pursued right after qualifying 12th exam from any stream.
- The portrayal of characters as per directed for plays or movies or TV shows.
- Can join a theatre, work and perform in front of the live audience.
- Rigorous take on the scenes and understand the storyline and how the director wants to portray the essence of the character.
- Developing skills and getting perfect with every performance
- Should have the ability to make the audience empathize with the character.
- Understand the mood, emotion and feeling of the character that the actor is going to play.
- Voice over for advertisement, animated movies, welfare videos etc.
- With acting the simultaneous developing of dancing and singing will also be beneficial.