After the exam results have been announced, the counselling procedure for the eligible candidates will begin. VITEEE 2018 counselling has begun. The counselling will be held in two phases in offline mode. It is mandatory for the candidate to attend the counselling session and the information of the same will be sent to the eligible candidates through SMS and e-mail. Candidates will be required to choose the course and college branch from the list provided at the Counselling center. If the candidate fails to attend the Counselling of VITEEE 2018, his/her candidature will be automatically cancelled. Eligible candidates have to bring the required documents for document verification. Seats will be allotted only after the verification. Candidates also have to make a payment of the tuition fee of Rs. 50,000 and the payment has to be made by demand draft drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
Check Eligibility For VITEEE Exam
VITEEE 2018 Counselling Updates
Phase 2 of VITEEE counselling 2018 for Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal & Amaravati campuses will end today (18th May). VITEEE Counselling 2018 at Bhopal campus only will be carried on from 19th May 2018.
The official admission authority of VITEEE 2018 has begun the counselling process for the admission to different streams. The status of allotment of seats into the various streams has been provided in the form of an image below.
Rank Wise Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned below in order to be eligible for Counselling:
- Rank holders of VITEEE 2018 will be eligible to participate in the counselling session.
- Candidates with a rank of 100000 or above will not be able to take part in counselling for admission to VIT Vellore/ Chennai/ VIT AP.
Know the VITEEE 2018 Counselling Procedure
The steps given below will help the candidates to apply for VITEEE 2018 Counselling.
- Since the counselling for the exam is offline, candidates need to reach the counselling venue and register themselves. Here they have to select the course and branch combination as per the ranking and availability of seats.
- Candidates have to get their documents verified. All candidates must carry two sets of copies of the required documents.
- After document verification, seats will be allotted to candidates based on his/her rank and the number of seats available in that particular branch of VIT at that time.
- Upload photograph and signature. Candidates must keep checking the official website to know the status of counselling procedure. Candidates must upload the correct documents and the student profile required by VIT University.
VITEEE Online Counselling Status 2018 after 1st round (Day 1) is provided in the form of image below.
VITEEE Online Counselling Status 2018 after 2nd round (Day 2) is provided in the form of image below.
Documents to be brought for Verification
The list of documents that a candidate must bring with him/her is mentioned below. In case the required documents are missing or are held invalid, the candidate will not be allotted a seat and his/her candidature will be canceled.
- VITEEE 2018 Admit Card
- A copy of VITEEE 2018 Score card
- VITEEE 2018 Counselling letter
- Class 12th admit card (for those awaiting their class 12th results)
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Class 10th certificate as age proof (or any other age proof)
- Category Certificate (For SC/ST)
- Nativity certificate (for those from J&K and north eastern states)
- Demand Draft for Rs 50,000 drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
- Undertaking form
At the time of admission, candidates have to submit the following certificate:
- Hostel Affidavit – Male candidates
- Hostel Affidavit – Female candidates
- Affidavit by the candidate
- Affidavit by the parents
- Physical Fitness certificate
Counselling Fees of VITEEE 2018
Eligible candidate needs to bring a demand draft of Rs. 50,000/- at the time of counselling. This will include the seat allotment and counselling fees of Rs. 10,000. This amount will also include the tuition fees of the particular VIT branch.
Please note that the counselling fee of Rs 10,000 is non-refundable. If the candidate fails to pay the counselling fee before the last date, his/her admission will be canceled.
Guidelines to be followed during Counselling of VITEEE 2018
- Candidates can attend the counselling only once.
- No changes will be allowed to be made to the course and branch once chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates can attend the counselling in any one of the four VIT campuses.
- Candidates need to give another DD of Rs. 21,000 as the hostel fees.
- Candidates can avail the scholarship only after they join the institute