Vignan University was earlier known as Vignan’s Engineering College (1997-2008). It is a private University located in Vadlamudi, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh. The University stands 5th in rank among top 10 emerging universities in India and accredited by NAAC with “A” grade.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The University offers admission to different courses of UG, PG and PhD. programme. The courses offered in Under Graduate programme are B.Tech., B.Pharma., BBA, BCA, B.Sc. (Maths, Statistics, Computer Science) and under Post Graduate programme are M.Tech., MBA, MCA. The institution offers PhD programmes in Engineering, Science, Management and English Streams.
|B.Tech.Programmes offered / B.Pharmacy|
|Agricultural Engineering||Textile & Fashion Technology|
|Civil Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Electronics & Communications Engg.||Computer science & Engineering|
|Food Technology||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Information Technology|
|M.Tech. Programmes offered|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Embedded System|
|Computer Science Engineering||Computer Science Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Power Electronics & Drives|
|Civil Engineering||Structural Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Food Processing Technology|
|Mechanical Engineering||Machine Design|
|Biotechnology||Biotech & Bioprocess Engineering|
|Applied Engineering||Farm Power Machinery|
Vignan University Important Dates 2019
The candidates applying for the admission to Vignan University must keep themselves updated with the latest release of the official schedule. It is important that the applicant must keep visiting the website on a regular basis so as not to miss any of the important dates and events. It must be noted the Application will not be accepted after the due date and it will be important for the candidates that they must have submitted the Application form in order to appear for the exam.
Find the schedule of Vignan University admissions 2019 from the tabular format below:
|Issue of Application form||Nov 2018 onwards|
|Last date for receipt of filled in applications||5th April 2019|
|On-line Test Date||15th April to 25th April 2019|
|Test Time||As per the Notification|
|Announcement of V-SAT 2018 result||May 2019|
|Counselling of merit listed candidates for admission|| May 2019|
Venue : Vignan’s University, Vadlamudi, Guntur – 522 213 (A.P) Ph : +91 863 2344777/ 78 Toll Free : 1800-425-2529
Eligibility Criteria for Vignan University Admission
|B.Tech./B.Pharmacy||1.Candidates born on or after 1st July 1997 and a pass in Intermediate or its equivalent with minimum 60% aggregate marks are eligible to appear for the admission test.|
2.Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2018 are eligible for all the B.Tech./B.Pharmacy programmes.
3.Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English/Aptitude in the V-SAT 2018 are eligible only for B.Tech. Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Food Technology & B.Pharmacy Programmes.
4.Candidates qualified in AP or TS EAMCET / JEE(Mains) / JEE(Advanced) with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the +2 / Intermediate examination.
Note: Candidates appearing for qualifying examination and awaiting results can also apply.
|Admission to B.Tech./B.Pharmacy programmes will be through Vignan’s Scholastic Aptitude Test, V-SAT an on-line test, conducted by Vignan’s University on all India basis.|
|BBA / BCA||Candidates born on or after 1st July 1997 and a pass in intermediate or its equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks are eligible to appear for the admission test.|
Note: Candidates appearing for qualifying examination and awaiting results can also apply.
|Admission to BBA / BCA Programmes will be through Vignan’s Joint Entrance Test, V-JET online test, conducted by Vignan’s University.|
|B.Sc.||Candidates born on or after 1st July 1997 and a pass in intermediate or its equivalent with minimum 75 % aggregate marks in the M.P.C group are eligible for admission.||A common merit list shall be prepared based on the performance in the qualifying examination and eligible candidates will be called for the counselling to be held at the Vignan University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P through a common ranking.|
|M.Tech.||Admission into M.Tech. – 50% aggregate marks in the concerned B.Tech. / B.E branch with qualified rank in PGECET/GATE/VU CET.||A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance in PGECET / GATE and eligible candidates will be called for the counselling to be held at the Vignan’s University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P|
|MBA||Candidate should have scored 55% aggregate marks in any Bachelor’s Degree with ICET rank below 75,000/ MAT score above 500 / min 70% in CAT or 60% in B.Tech.||A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance of I-CET and eligible candidates will be called for the counselling to be held at the Vignan’s University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P.|
|MCA||Candidate should have scored 50% aggregate marks in any Bachelor’s Degree with mathematics as one of the subjects at +2/Intermediate level and should be qualified in I-CET.||A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance of I-CET and eligible candidates will be called for the counselling to be held at the Vignan’s University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P.|
|PhD||1.For engineering disciplines, candidates must have obtained PG degree or equivalent in any one of the relevant engineering specializations as recommended by the respective departments.||1.Selection into PhD programme is evaluated on the basis of the academic performance (% Marks in B.Tech / UG & M.Tech / PG) and the institution last attended for Bachelors’ and Masters’ degree (Maximum 20% and 30% marks respectively), previous experience (each year 1 mark up to max. 5% marks), publications (2marks/Journal paper & 1 marks for conference paper up to maximum 5 % marks), written test (15% marks) and interview (25%marks).|
2.Eligible candidates have to appear for a written test and interview.
|2.For management studies, candidates must have a Masters degree in business management or any Masters degree with relevant experience.|
|3.For biotechnology, sciences and humanities, candidates must have a relevant PG degree or equivalent degree as recommended by the respective departments.|
|4.Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree; however, deserving/exceptional cases may be referred to RMC.|
V-SAT 2019 Application Form
The Application form of V-SAT was available on the Vignan University website www.vignanuniversity.org from November 2018. The candidates seeking admission may visit the website and fill the Application form. There are four modes of registration.
- Direct: The candidates can obtain the Application form by post from the University office. The candidates are required to submit Demand Draft of Rs.1200/- drawn in the favour of Vignan University payable at Guntur or in person from any of Vignan Schools or Colleges at Guntur, Hyderabad, Eluru, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam, Ongole and Vignan offices at Vijayawada, Guntur & Hyderabad.
- Indian Bank Branches: The candidates can obtain the Application form from the Indian Bank branches throughout the states of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
- Download: The candidates can download the Application form from the University website www.vignanuniversity.org. The duly filled application along with the DD of Rs. 1200/- drawn in favour of Vignan University, payable at Guntur should be sent to Dean-Admissions: Vignan’s University, Vadlamudi, Guntur – 522 213 (A.P), so as to reach before the last date specified. Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of DD.
- Apply Online: The Candidates can also apply online from the University website: www.vignanuniversity.org by making payment of Rs.1200/- through net banking/credit card/debit card. There is no need to send a copy of the application form by the applicant.
Instructions for filling the Application form
The candidates may follow the procedure given below to fill up the Application form:
- Fill your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as it appears in your 10th class marks memo. Leave one blank box between adjacent words. Do not use any prefixes like Mr., Mrs., Miss/Ms. etc.
- Enter your Date of Birth as recorded in 10th class marks memo in DD/MM/YY format only. When the number or date or month is a single digit, zero should be prefixed.
- Tick appropriate box in Gender case.
- Enter the course code for which seeking admission. The course code of 1st preference should be mentioned in Choice 1 box. Similarly, fill course code in other boxes as per your preference.
- Enter test centre code. You may give two choices as per your priority.
- Enter the date in DDMMYY format as per your convenience.
- Enter your Religion.
- Candidate belongs to BC/SC/ST/PwD category shall tick the appropriate box.
- Enter your Parent/Guardian name in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Write the complete postal address including Pin Code to which communications are to be sent. Also, write the telephone number with STD code and e-mail if any.
- Select type of your Parent Occupation.
- Select range of your Parent Annual Income.
- Select type of your Residential Area.
- Paste your recent passport size colour photograph (not older than three months) at the appropriate place. Do not staple or pin the photograph.
- Write the Year, Board and State from where you have passed class X. Write maximum marks, marks obtained and percentage for all subjects put together.
- Intermediate Examination or Equivalent – Tick the group in the box provided and write the name of the subject, maximum marks, marks obtained and the percentage. Also write the maximum marks, total marks obtained and the percentage for all subjects put together. If the final result is not declared at the time of filling this application form, enter the Jr. Inter /11th class marks.
- DECLARATION – Candidate and the Parent / Guardian must sign the declaration with the date to authenticate the information provided by them. Unsigned applications will not be accepted.
- The University has the provision of reservation which is as follows: 15% of the seats are reserved for scheduled castes (SC), 7.5% of the seats are reserved for scheduled tribes (ST), 27% has been reserved for the other backward classes (OBC – non-creamy layer).
In each of these categories horizontal reservation is given for special categories viz., Persons with Disability PwD (3%), Children of Armed Forces Personnel CAP (2%), National Cadet Corps NCC (1%), 6 seats for the wards of naval personnel, Sports and Games (½%). In addition, a reservation of 33 1/3% of seats is in favour of women candidates in each category (OC/SC/ST/OBC). Reservation for women shall not be applicable if women candidates selected on merit in each category exceed 33 1/3%.
V-SAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Total Questions: 120
- Total Marks: 120
- Type: The question paper shall be of Objective type. Each question has 4 options. Choose the right option.
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
- The question paper will be in English and consists of 4 sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English/Aptitude.
|1||Mathematics or Biology||30||30|
V-SAT 2019 Admit Card
- The V-SAT 2019 Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully submitted their application form on or before the last date as specified.
- The hall ticket will contain name, photograph, signature, address of the test centre allotted and test date & time.
- Admit Cards will be dispatched by courier/speed post.
- The V-SAT Admit Card can be downloaded from the website www.vignanuniversity.org one week prior to the test date by entering the application number or date of birth of the applicant.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear in the test without a valid hall ticket. The hall ticket should be produced to the invigilators for verification.
- A candidate must not alter any entry made therein after it has been authenticated.
- The candidates are advised to not to transfer hall ticket to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The hall ticket is an important document. It should be preserved and produced at the time of counselling and admission.
- The hall ticket once received should be carefully examined by the candidate. If find any discrepancy, it should be immediately brought to the notice of the Dean-Admissions, Vignan’s University. ([email protected] org) Ph:+91863-2344777 / 78 Toll-free No. 1800-425-2529.
Vignan University Result of V-SAT
The result of the V-SAT entrance exam shall be published on the Vignan University website in May 2019. The candidates who will appear in the exam will be able to check their marks and rank secured by them. The candidates who will qualify the entrance test will be called for counselling/admission.
Vignan University Counselling Procedure for Seat Allocation
- The candidates will be intimated about date/time of counselling either by post or SMS or e-mail. The name of the candidates will also be displayed on the university website.
- Change of date/time of counselling is not permissible. If a candidate fails to appear personally for counselling on the date and time specified, he/she will forfeit his/her candidature for the allotment of the seat on that day. However, he/she is eligible to appear for subsequent counselling depending on the availability of seats.
Documents required during Counselling/Admission
- Counselling call letter.
- V-SAT / JEE / EAMCET hall ticket.
- V-SAT / JEE / EAMCET rank card.
- 10th class marks memo as a proof of date of birth.
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination.
- Caste certificate (if the candidate belongs to SC/ST/BC/PwD category).
- Candidate’s Aadhar Card.
- Candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process only after verification of the documents. If a candidate fails to produce any documents, he/she will not be considered for counselling.
- The candidate will be offered a seat based on his / her rank in the merit list and availability of seats.
- After allotment of a seat & acceptance of the same by the candidate, he/she will remit the prescribed tuition fee and admission fee either by cash or DD drawn in favour of VFSTR-GF payable at Guntur.
Withdrawal from Programme
- Admission fee of Rs. 10,000/- is non-refundable, once the student is provisionally admitted.
- If the student cancels his/her admission before the commencement of class work tuition fee paid will be refunded.
- Prior to the closing of admissions and after the commencement of class work, the tuition fee is refundable with the proportionate deduction of the monthly fee.
- Once admissions are closed, the entire fee collected shall be forfeited.