UCEED 2018 Result declared on 21st February 2018.Click the link below to check your result:
UCEED stands for Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay is responsible to conduct UCEED for the year 2018 under the guidance of UCEED Admission Committee. Candidates seeking admission to below mentioned Institute for B. Des programme must appear in UCEED 2018. The score nad rank obtained in UCEED 2018 is valid only for admission to the academic year 2018-19. The aspirants must go through this article in order to get the overview of this exam.
This article is divided into two section. Part 1 provides information for appearing in the UCEED exam 2018. Part 2 contains the information related to applying for admission to Undergraduate B.Des programme in the participating Institute.
Institute offering Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B. Des.) via UCEED 2018
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ)
- 1 Important Dates for UCEED 2018
- 2 PART 1: To apply for UCEED 2018
- 3 Correction in UCEED 2018 Application Form
- 4 Exam Pattern of UCEED 2018
- 5 Syllabus for UCEED 2018
- 6 Admit Card for UCEED 2018
- 7 Exam Center for UCEED 2018
- 8 Result of UCEED 2018
- 9 Rank List of UCEED 2018
- 10 Tie Breaking Policy
- 11 Seat Reservation for UCEED 2018
- 12 Part 2: To apply for admission into B. Des programme
- 13 Seat Allotment via UCEED 2018
- 14 Withdrawal of Seat Allotment
- 15 Contact Details
Important Dates for UCEED 2018
The official examination conducting authority has released the notification for UCEED 2018. The date for all the activities related to UCEED 2018 is provided in the table below:
|1.||Start date for online registration||9th October 2017|
|2.||Last date for online registration with regular fee||10th November 2017|
|3.||Last date for online registration with late fee||17th November 2017|
|4.||Start date for admit card downloading||25th December 2017 onwards|
|5.||Last date for rectification of discrepancies |
in the admit card
|5th January 2018|
|6.||UCEED 2018 Examination||20th January 2018|
|7.||Release of Draft Answer Key||27th January 2018|
|8.||Last date for sending Comments about Draft |
|31st January 2018|
|9.||Declaration of result||21st February 2018|
|10.||Start date for score card downloading||21st February 2018|
|11.||Applying for admission in B. Des. Programme||8th to 23rd June 2018|
|12.||Seat allotment round 1||2nd July 2018|
|13.||Seat allotment round 2||9th July 2018|
|14.||Seat allotment round 3||14th July 2018|
PART 1: To apply for UCEED 2018
Eligibility Criteria for UCEED 2018
There is a separate eligibility criteria to appear in the UCEED exam and to apply for admission into Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programme. Candidate must read both the set of eligibility criteria carefully once before going to fill up the application form. To know the eligibility conditions required to fill up the application form and to attend the exam, applicants must refer the table given below:
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Nationality||All Indian and Foreign Nationals can apply for UCEED 2018. Candidates who are not citizens of India at the time of registering for UCEED 2018 (by birth or naturalization) will be treated as foreign nationals.|
|2.||Age Criteria||For General or OBC-NCL category :- The candidate should have been born on or after 1st October 1993. |
For SC, ST or PwD category:- The candidate should have been born on or after 1st October 1998.
|3.||Number of attempts||A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. |
NOTE(1): UCEED score is valid for one year and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
NOTE(2): Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2016 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
|4.||Qualifying Examination||The candidate should have passed the qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2017 or appearing in 2018. Students from all stream (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply for UCEED 2018.|
Application Form of UCEED 2018 -Apply Here
The applicant who satisfies all the eligibility criteria mentioned above can fill up the application form to take UCEED 2018. They have to apply separately to get enrolled for B. Des programme. One application form must be filled to attend the exam and another to participate in the counselling process. The dates related to release and closing of application form is provided in the “important dates” section of this article.
To apply for UCCED 2018, applicants must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/.
- Register yourself and fill in the application form.
- Upload the documents mentioned below
- Documents to be uploaded at the time of filling the Application Form:
Applicants need to upload the scanned images of the below-mentioned documents as per the specification:
Scanned Image Size Dimension Format Photograph (5-100 KB) (3.5×4.5)cm JPG/JPEG Signature (5-100 KB) (3.5×1.5)cm JPG/JPEG Qualifying 10+2 Examination Certificate (5-100 KB) (3.5×1.5)cm
- Candidates who will be appearing in 2018 for the 10+2 qualifying examination, a certificate from the school/ college principal in the given format (Appendix 1) should be uploaded in the PDF format.
- If the name is not same as in the Class XII certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name must be uploaded in the PDF format.
- Candidates seeking admission under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST or PwD category
OBC-NCL (Appendix 2), Scheduled Caste (for SC), Scheduled Tribe (for ST) (Appendix 3) or PwD certificate (Appendix 4-7) issued by a competent authority must be uploaded in PDF format.
- PwD candidates requiring scribe and/or Compensatory time of 20 minutes during the exam need to upload a request letter as per appendix 8 & 9.
- Payment of the Application Fee:
The next step after uploading the required documents is to pay the application fee. The amount to pay as application fee varies for the different category. The information related to application fee payment is provided in the table below:
S. No Category Amount 1. For all women candidates. Rs. 1000 + Rs. 180 (18% GST) = Rs. 1180 2. SC/ST/PwD candidates. Rs. 1000 + Rs. 180 (18% GST) = Rs. 1180 3. For all other candidates. Rs. 2000 + Rs. 360 (18% GST) = Rs. 2360
- Submission and printout of application form
Correction in UCEED 2018 Application Form
Application form once submitted will not be modified or edited later. Candidates must provide the correct information regarding the qualifying exam and category, and upload the correct documents in the required formats in the application form. Registration forms, incomplete in any way, will be summarily rejected and the registration will be considered invalid by the official authority.
Exam Pattern of UCEED 2018
Exam pattern contains the important information regarding the examination. Aspirants must check the exam pattern during preparing for the exam. It contains the details regarding the mode of exam, medium of language, marking scheme and subject combination etc. The exam pattern of UCEED 2018 is provided in the table below:
|1.||Exam duration||One question paper of 3 hours duration|
|2.||Medium of Language||English|
|3.||Mode of Exam||Online (Computer based Test)|
|4.||Total Maximum Marks||300|
|5.||Section||Question paper will consist of three(3) sections |
Section A: Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
Section B: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ).
Section C: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
|6.||Marking Scheme||Each question will carry 4 marks for NAT section |
Each question will carry 4 marks for MSQ section
Each question will carry 3 marks for MCQ section
|7.||Negative Marking||There is no negative marking for NAT section |
There is no negative marking for MSQ section
1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer in MCQ section.
To know more about the subject combination and section in detail, visit Complete UCEED 2018 Information Brochure.
Syllabus for UCEED 2018
Syllabus plays a vital role in the preparation for the examination. The aspirants of UCEED 2018 must check out the syllabus for the examination. The subject combination and topics under each of them are provided in the table below:
|1.||Visualization and spatial ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.|
|2.||Observation and design sensitivity||Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.|
|3.||Environmental and social awareness||General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.|
|4.||Analytical and logical reasoning||Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.|
|5.||Language and creativity||Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc., and vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of |
alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
|6.||Design thinking and problem solving||Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.|
Admit Card for UCEED 2018
Candidates whose registration and payment is complete in all aspects will be able to download the admit card for UCEED 2018 online from 25th December 2018 by visiting the official website. The admit card will contain the details of the candidates like name, registration ID, roll number, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination centre details and instructions to candidates. Candidates should carefully examine the entries mentioned in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy or the admit card is not available to download, contact the authority before 5th January 2018. A printed copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time exam.
Exam Center for UCEED 2018
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design 2018 will be held across 20 cities across India. Applicants need to choose one of the below-mentioned exam cities while filling up the application form. They must select the exam centre according to their preference. Exam centre selected will be mentioned on the admit card.
Result of UCEED 2018
Results of UCEED 2018 has been declared on 21st February 2018 online at the official website. Candidates need to enter their email ID and password (created during the registration process) for viewing the results. UCEED qualified students will be able to download their scorecards. The hard copy of the scorecard will not be available and hence will not be sent to the qualified candidates. Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2018 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des programme. Admission of candidates depends on the number of seat intake available in the institute, marks obtained in the UCEED and number of the applicants.
Rank List of UCEED 2018
The examination conducting authority will prepare and publish the rank list along with the result. It will be prepared based on the total marks obtained in UCEED 2018. However, if the exam is conducted in two different sessions, the rank list will be prepared based on the normalized total marks scored in two sessions. There will be only one rank list, i.e., there will be no separate category-wise rank lists. Candidates have to check the merit list online at the official website.
Tie Breaking Policy
If the total marks scored by two or more candidates are same, then the following tie-break policy will be used for determining ranks:
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Section B.
- If this does not break the tie, the higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Section A.
- If there is a tie even after this, candidates will be assigned the same rank.
Only the candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each Section of the question paper and the minimum total marks will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks vary with the categories. The information regarding the same is provided in the table below:
|S. No||Merit List||Minimum % of marks in each Section||Minimum Aggregate marks |
of all three sections
|1.||Common rank list (CRL)||10||100|
|2.||OBC-NCL rank list||9||90|
|3.||SC rank list||5||50|
|4.||ST rank list||5||50|
|5.||PwD rank list||5||50|
Seat Reservation for UCEED 2018
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories fall under the seat reservation in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The category chosen by a candidate at the time of filling the application form for UCEED 2018 will be final and requests for any change of category will not be entertained later. Students claiming reservation are required to upload valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of filling the application form for admission in order to avail the benefit of reserved seats.
Applicants need to download the respective appendix (available in the information brochure) and follow the instruction mentioned on it. For OBC-NCL (Appendix 2), Scheduled Caste (for SC), Scheduled tribe (for ST) (Appendix 3) or PwD certificate (Appendix 4-7) issued by a competent authority. To know the percentage of the seat reserved for each category, refer to the table given below:
|1.||Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|2.||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||75%|
|4.||Person with Disability (PwD)||5%|
Seats available for the academic year 2018-19 in the participating Institute
Part 2: To apply for admission into B. Des programme
Eligibility Criteria required for applying for admission to B. Des programme
The Applicants who have qualified the UCEED 2018 are required to fill in the application form for the counselling and admission process. UCEED 2018 qualified candidates must check the below-mentioned eligibility criteria before going to apply for admission process:
|1.||Age Limit||The candidate should have been born on or after October 01, 1993 if belonging to the general or OBC-NCL category and on or after 1st October 1988 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.|
|2.||UCEED 2018||The candidate should have qualified i. e. obtained a rank in UCEED 2018.|
|3.||Qualifying examination||The candidate should have passed the qualifying 10+2 examination in 2017 or 2018. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying 10+2 examination in 2016 or earlier are not eligible to apply for admission.|
|Subject Combination||Candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to all the three institutes. Candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay and IIITDM Jabalpur.|
Application Form for B. Des programme
Only UCEED 2018 qualified students can apply for admission to the B. Des programme at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2018-19. The three institutes will have a common application form for admissions to their respective B. Des programmes.
How to apply for admission to B.Des programme?
- The common application form is available through the IIT Bombay Admissions Portal http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in. Detailed instructions for each step of the application process are provided within the online application form.
- Applicants will be able to fill in their personal particulars and select institutes of their choice by indicating the order of preference.
- The application can be submitted after paying the application processing fee, uploading scanned copies of relevant supporting documents, and uploading the signed copy of the completed application form (first page only).
- The document required to upload while filling up the application for admission are scanned copies of Photo, Signature, UCEED 2018 scorecard, qualifying examination, mark sheet (Class XII or equivalent), OBC-NCL/SC/ST Certificate, PwD Certificate, and OCI/PIO Card (if applicable).
- Payment of Counselling Application fee
The B. Des application processing fee for applicants of all category and gender is Rs.1000 (One Thousand Indian Rupees). The application fee must be paid via online mode with the help of debit card/ credit card or net banking.
Correction in Counselling Application Form
Applicants will be able to edit their application form, including the order of preference of institutes and resubmit it, till the closing date of the application period. However, after the closing date, all applications will be treated as final. Requests for any changes in the application will be strictly not entertained.
Seat Allotment via UCEED 2018
- Total three rounds of seat allocation will be conducted. However, once the seats in the participating Institute are filled, the seat allocation will be closed. Seats will be allotted based on the applicant UCEED rank, category and choice of institutes. Selected candidates will be sent provisional allotment letters via their registered email, and will be directed to an online payment system to remit the seat acceptance fee of Rs. 60000 (Sixty Thousand Indian Rupees) for general/ OBC-NCL candidates and Rs.15,000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- If the selected candidates do not remit the seat acceptance fee before the given deadline or decline the admission, their application will stand cancelled. These vacant seats will be filled during the subsequent rounds of seat allotment. If an applicant is allotted his/her first choice of the institute, the candidate can either accept/freeze the choice or decline the offer.
- If an applicant is allotted his/her second or third choice of the institute, the candidate can opt to either accept/freeze the choice, or accept with the option to be considered for upward movement (float) the choice for subsequent round(s), if any, of the joint seat allocation. In the ‘freezing’ option, candidates accept the offer and indicate that they do not want to participate in further rounds of seat allocation. Such candidates will not be considered in the subsequent rounds of admission.
Withdrawal of Seat Allotment
If a candidate has paid the seat accepting fee and opts for withdrawal either during the end of first round or before the end of second round will get full refund after deducting the processing charges of Rs. 1000/-. No refund will be allowed after end of last round. No refund is given post 3rd round as their exist no option of “float” of the seats after the 3rd round.
For UCEED and Seat Allocation related inquiries :
JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED 2018
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076
Email: [email protected]