TNOU Admission 2020: The Admission Council of Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) has released the April 2020 Exam Dates. Application Proces is over now. The last date to submit the form was 29th Feb 2020. Therefore, the interested aspirants can fill the TNOU Application Form on the official website @tnou.ac.in. The candidates must check the TNOU Admission manual 2020-21 before applying for the admissions. The admission process of Tamil Nadu Open University is Online. Therefore, all the aspirants must check TNOU Application form 2020 Last Dare, Hall Ticket/ Admit Card, TNOU Results, Merit List, Cut Off, TNOU Counselling Fees, etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The University was founded in 2002 offers Programmes at various levels leading to Certificates, Diplomas, Post- Graduate Diplomas, Bachelor Degrees, and Master Degrees. Each of the Programmes at the University is constituted by a certain number of Courses and each Course is divided into a number of Blocks (of study). In addition, the University offers M.Phil. and Ph.D. Research Programmes through Regular mode in various schools of Studies. In this article, we are giving all the details regarding TNOU Admission 2020.
TNOU has released the Time Table for Preparatory Program (April 2020). Download the date sheet below-
TNOU Admission CY2020 over. Last Date to Apply was 29th February 2020.
TNOU E- Prospectus 2020 Check Here!
Tamil Nadu Open University is established by the government of Tamil Nadu and it is an institute for open and distance learning. Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) offers admission to Bachelor Degree Programmes, Master Degree Programmes, Post-Graduate Diploma Programmes, Diploma Programmes, Certificate Programmes. The Programmes conducted by the Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) have been recognized by the following statutory authorities.
- Distance Education Bureau [DEB]
- University Grants Commission [UGC]
- Rehabilitation Council of India [RCI]
- National Council for Teacher Education [NCTE]
Important Dates for TNOU Admission 2020
The candidates planning on applying for admission to the courses offered by Tamil Nadu Open University will have to keep themselves updated with the latest release of the schedule. It is important that the applicant must keep visiting the website on a regular basis. The schedule will provide the details of the admission procedure which has to be followed by the candidate. Once the official schedule is available, the applicants are advised that they must save and download it so as not to miss any of the important dates and events.
The tentative dates of TNOU Admission 2020 are mentioned in the tabular format below. The official dates will be mentioned once it is mentioned by the examination authorities of the University.
|Last date for submission of Application Form||29th February 2020|
|Admission for Calendar Year batch||Last week of April 2020|
|Admission for Academic Year batch||Last week of October 2020|
|Admission for Calendar Year batch||Last week of March 2020|
|Admission for Academic Year batch||Last week of September 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for TNOU Admission 2020
The candidates desirous to take admission in the programs offered by Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) are advised to check eligibility criteria of the course to which they are seeking admission. Eligibility criteria of the courses offered by Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) are given below in the table.
|Name of the Course||Eligibility Criteria|
|Bachelor Degree Programmes|
|B.A. in English||A candidate should have passed 10th + 12th (HSC) Equivalent or PUC or TNOU BPP or 10th + 3 Years Diploma or 11th +2 Years TTC or 10th + 2 Years ITI|
|B.A. in English Communication|
|B.A. in Urdu|
|B.A. in History|
|B.A. in Criminology & Criminal Justice Administration|
|B.A. in History & Heritage Management|
|B.A. in Tourism & Travel Studies|
|B.A. in Economics|
|B.A. in Business Economics|
|B.A. in Public Administration|
|B.A. in Political Science|
|B.A. in Sociology|
|B.A. in Human Rights|
|B.A. in Islamic Studies|
|Bachelor of Social Work|
|B.Com. (Bank Management)|
|B.Com. (Corporate Secretaryship)|
|B.Com. (Accounting & Finance)|
|B.Com. (Computer Applications)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)|
|BBA (Marketing Managment)|
|BBA (Retail Management)|
|B.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Application|
|B.Sc. Computer Science|
|B.Sc. Visual Communication|
|Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)|
|BCA Simultaneous Registration||Current year students registered under lateral entry scheme for diploma in information technology and Diploma in Computer Engineering in Recognised Polytechnic Colleges.|
|BCA Lateral Entry||A candidate must have completed Diploma in any stream from recognised polytechnic college.|
|B.Sc. in Apparel & Fashion Designing||10th + 12th (HSC) Equivalent or PUC or TNOU BPP or 10th + 3 Years Diploma or 11th +2 Years TTC or 10th + 2 Years ITI|
|B.Sc. in Apparel & Fashion Designing (Lateral Entry)||A candidate should have completed three year Diploma in Textile Technology from Polytechnic College (Or) TNOU DAFD|
|BPA in Drama & Theatre Studies||A candidate should be 12th Pass or Equivalent from recognized a Board.|
|Master Degree Programmes|
|M.A. in Gender Studies||A candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized university|
|M.A. in Anthropology|
|M.A. in International Relations|
|M.A. in Political Administration|
|M.A. in Development Administration|
|M.A. in Human Rights|
|M.A. in Criminology & Criminal Justice Administration|
|M.A. in Women Studies|
|M.A. in Tourism & Travel Studies|
|M.A. in Linguistics|
|M.A. in Translational Studies|
|M.A. in English|
|M.A. in Economics|
|M.A. in Political Science|
|M.A. in Sociology|
|M.A. in Public Administration|
|M.A. in History|
|Master of Social Work (MSW)|
|M.A. in Tamil||Bachelor’s Degree with Tamil Under Part – I from any recognized university.|
|Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)||A candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized university.|
|Master of Computer Application (M.C.A)||Any Bachelor’s Degree with a duration of minimum of 3 (three) years from a recognized university with Mathematics as one of the subjects at +2 level or UG level. Students not studied maths at +2 / UG Level, need to register and pass BCM -01 subject concurrently with MCA.|
|M.C.A (Lateral Entry)||A candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree with PGDCA / Equivalent with Degree / (or) B.Sc., Computer Science / (or) BCA / (or) BE/ B.Tech Computer Science / Computer Engineering from any recognized University.|
|Post-Graduate Diploma Programmes|
|P.G. Diploma in Information Techonology Management||A candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised university.|
|P.G. Diploma in Spoken English|
|P.G. Diploma in Psychological Counselling||A candidate should have Bachelor’s/Master degree in Psychology or|
Other Graduate applicants who have not studied Psychology should undergo the Masters Preparatory Programme (MPP) in Psychology.
|P.G. Diploma in Mathematics||A candidate should have degree in B.Sc. Mathematics or B.Sc. Applied Mathematics.|
|P.G. Diploma in Applied Mathematics|
|P.G. Diploma in Software Quality Management||A candidate should have Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.|
|P.G. Diploma in Information Security|
|P.G. Diploma in Guidance & Counselling||UG/PG in Psychology / Education or any other Graduate who has studied Psychology (at least one paper in UG / PG) from any recognised University.|
|P.G.D.C.A||A candidate should have Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.|
|P.G. Diploma in Gerontology|
|P.G. Diploma in Child Rights & Child Protection|
|P.G. Diploma in Social Welfare Administration||PG Degree in Social Sciences from any recognised University.|
|P.G. Diploma in Library Automation & Networking||A candidate should have Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.|
|P.G. Diploma in School Counselling||UG/PG in Psychology/Education or any other graduate studied at least one Psychology paper in UG/PG.|
|Diploma in Management||A candidate should have passed 10+2 (HSC) or Equivalent or TNOU BPP|
|Diploma in Databases|
|Diploma in Archaeology and Epigraphy|
|Diploma in Museology and conservation|
|Diploma in Film Acting|
|Diploma in Television Acting|
|Diploma in Drama & Theatre Acting|
|Diploma in Data Sciences and Big Data Analytics|
|Diploma in Yoga for Human Excellence||21 Years of Age and TNOU-BPP or from any university.|
|Diploma in Cloud computing|| |
A candidate should have passed 10+2 (HSC) or Equivalent or TNOU BPP (Entrance Test).
|Diploma in Custom clearance and Forwarding|
|Diploma in English language skills|
|Diploma in Wildlife tourism|
|Certificate in Community Radio Technology||A student should have passed 10+2 (HSC) / Any UG/PG degree from a recognised University.|
|Certificate Programme in Climate Change||A student should have passed 10+2 (HSC) or Equivalent or TNOU BPP (Entrance Test).|
|Certificate Programme in Aquaculture|
|Certificate in Yoga for Human Excellence||A student should have passed class 8th / TNOU PPE.|
|Certificate in Customs Clearance Procedure and Practices||A candidate should have passed 10+2 (HSC) or Equivalent or TNOU BPP.|
|Certificate in Liner Shipping and Freight Forwarding|
|Certificate Programme in Proficiency in English||15 Years of Age (offered through Partnership institutions)|
Application Form of TNOU 2020 Admissions
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) offers admission to various programs and the candidates seeking admission have to fill the TNOU application form for the same. The prospectus along with the application form of Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) can be obtained from:
- From the Study Centres on payment of Rs.100/- per Application
- From the Zonal Centres on payment of Rs.100/- per Application.
- From the University Sales Counter on payment of Rs.100/- in cash per Application
- From the Deputy Registrar, MPDD, TNOU, 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai– 600 015 by post on payment of Rs.150/- by demand draft issued by any nationalized or scheduled bank drawn in favour of the Tamil Nadu Open University payable at Chennai. The Application Form along with the Prospectus will be sent by ordinary post only.
- The cost of the TNOU application form will not be refunded or adjusted.
Instructions to fill the TNOU Application Form
The candidates may follow the given steps to fill the application form of Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) for admission:
- Fill the name of the program for which seeking admission.
- Name of the candidate.
- Parent’s/Guardian name.
- Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY as recorded in the 10th marksheet/certificate.
- Fill your address of correspondence and PIN code.
- Provide contact number and valid email id for future communication.
- Paste your recent passport size photograph.
- Fill the details like Nationality, Gender, Religion, Marital Status.
- Caste category (SC/ST/OBC) and special category (if any).
- Fill the column of educational details.
- Sign the declaration with the date.
- The candidates are required to attest the certificates, photo, and signature.
TNOU Admission Procedure
The candidates desiring to take admission in the program offered by Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) have to follow the steps given below:
- Fill the application form of Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU).
- The copies of the certificates, the photo of the candidate and the signature of the applicant should be attested by any one of the following:
- Teaching Staff / Non-Teaching Staff (Assistant Registrar and above) of the Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU).
- Principals of Colleges/Headmasters / Headmistresses of Government/ Government Recognized Higher Secondary or High Schools.
- Group A or Group B Officers of the Tamil Nadu Government / Government of India.
- Co-ordinators of the respective Study Centre.
- The filled in TNOU application form along with the university copy of challan are required to submit at the
- Study Centre approved by the Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU).
- Admission Wing of the Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) in Chennai.
- After submission of the TNOU application form, the concerned Study Centre will issue a statement of acknowledgement.
- The Admission wing after analyzing the Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) application form of a candidate will issue Enrollment number and Identity card to the Study Centre for distribution.
Schools of Study
With a view to developing inter-disciplinary studies and organizing academic programmes, the University has established the following Schools of Study:
- School of Social Sciences [SOSS]
- School of Management Studies [SOMS]
- School of Education [SOE]
- School of Humanities [SOH]
- School of Continuing Education [SOCE]
- School of Science [SOS]
- School of Computer Science [SOCS]
- School of Tamil and Cultural Studies [SOTCS]
- School of Journalism and New Media Studies [SOJNMS]
- School of Politics and Public Administration [SOPPA]
- School of Criminology and Criminal Justice Administration [SOCCJA]
- School of History and Tourism Studies [SOHTS]
- School of Special Education and Rehabilitation [SOSER]