Thapar University Admission 2022: The university has extended the application form for the session 2022-23. Thapar University of Engineering and Technology is located in Patiala, Punjab. The admission in Thapar University is on the basis of JEE Main 2022. The university also conducts entrance examinations separately for providing admission in various B. Tech and Bio-Tech courses. However, before proceeding to fill the form, aspirants must take a glance over the eligibility criteria. On completion of the form, candidates must submit it by paying an application fee. The authority will also publish the Merit list for TIET B.Tech Admission 2022 which will be based on JEE Main 2022 rank. Applicants whose name will be on the merit list will be called to attend the counselling process and seats will be allotted to them.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Achievements – Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET) has been accredited with an ‘A’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Overview of Thapar University Admission 2022
An overview is tabulated below related to University and TIET B.Tech Admission 2022:
|Admission Name||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology B.Tech Admission|
|Name in short||TIET B.Tech|
|Admission Conducting Body||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (Deemed to be University)|
|Category of the Exam||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Selection Criteria||Based on JEE Main 2022 Scores and at least 60% marks (55% Reserved Category) in the 10+2 examination or equivalent.|
|Purpose of the Exam||For admissions to various B.Tech programmes offered by the Institute|
|University Establishment||TIET was founded in 1956|
|Area of University||Spread across sprawling 250 acres|
|Type of University||Private (Deemed to be University)|
|Facilities provided by the university|
Update: Apply for Thapar University 2022
Thapar University Admission 2022 Dates
The authority has announced the schedule for events of Thapar University Admission 2022 to occur. The table below displays some of the dates.
|Availability of TIET B.Tech Admission 2022 Application Form||Available|
|Final date to submit the form (for all rounds of online counselling & in-person counselling)||Notify Soon|
For more details, read Thapar University Counselling 2022.
Courses Offered by Thapar University
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
Thapar University Admission Criteria/Eligibility Criteria 2022
Applicants must meet and check the eligibility Criteria of TIET B.Tech Admission 2022. If the criteria is not possessed by the candidate then he/she will not be admitted to the university. Check the pointers to know more about the eligibility criteria for Thapar University.
- Aspirants must hold Indian Nationality
- The candidate whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1994 is eligible for Thapar University Admission 2022. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD, there is 5 years relaxation in age
- Aspirants must have qualified class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject. For candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have an aggregate of 55%
- Aspirants must have qualified class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject. For candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have an aggregate of 55%
- Applicants who have cleared a Diploma of at least 3 years time period with a minimum aggregate of 60% from State Board of Technical Education or any recognized AICTE Institute are also eligible for TIET B.Tech Admission 2022. The SC/St candidate must have an aggregate of 55%
- The candidate must obtain 20% aggregate marks in JEE Main 2020 and 15% aggregate marks in JEE Main 2022. For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the aggregate score in JEE Main 2022 must be 15% and 10% in JEE Main 2022
Thapar University Application Form 2022 (Released)
The application form of Thapar University Admission 2022 is available for UG Courses. In order to fill the form, candidates must register themselves by providing certain details. On successful registration, the applicant will receive the username and password on their email ID. The applicants can change the password. Now, candidates can start filling the form with personal, academic, and communication details.
Along with the details, aspirants also need to upload scanned documents, which include their photograph, signature, parent’s signature, and JEE Main admit card. These documents must be as per the authority specifications.
- Upon completion of the TIET B.Tech Admission 2022 application form, the candidate needs to pay an application fee of Rs. 1500.
- The payment can be made either through online mode or offline mode.
- One can pay the payment in online mode through debit card/credit card or net banking.
- On an offline payment, candidates have to make the payment through DD in favor of Thapar university, payable at Patiala & must be sent to the given address:
In-charge Admission Cell,
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology,
After the fee payment, candidates need to submit their form and take at least 2 printouts for future use.
Thapar University Merit List 2022
The authority will publish the Merit List of TIET B.Tech Admission 2022 in online mode. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the JEE Main 2022 score. Candidates whose name will be listed on the merit list will be called for participating in the Counselling process. Also, seats will be allotted to these candidates. TIET authority advises every aspirant to keep a track of admission status by regularly checking their email id.
Thapar University Cut Off 2022
The cut-off of Thapar University Admission 2022 is the minimum marks required for getting admission in the university under the desired B.Tech programme. The authority has released the cut-off after each round of counseling process in the form of opening and closing rank of that particular round. Candidates will get an idea through TIET B.Tech Admission 2022 Cut-off regarding the chances of their admission in the applied course.
Thapar University Counselling 2022
Thapar University Admission 2022 Counselling schedule will be released soon. The counselling process is organized for the qualified candidates of JEE Main 2022. During the counselling process seats are allotted to applicants depending on the choice made and merit obtained. After the seat allotment process, aspirants have to pay the admission fees. Also, candidates must be present for the process of document verification which will be held at TIET Auditorium, Patiala.
- 12th level certificate
- Character certificate
- Application form
- Admit Card
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Category certificate
- Income certificate
Thapar University Fee Structure 2022
The table below shows the total fees required to be paid for B.Tech programmes excluding the Hostel Charges for TIET B.Tech Admission 2022:
|Programme||Total Fee without Hostel Charges|
|B.E./B.TECH./LEET (ME & CE)||1,69,000|
|B.E./B.TECH./LEET (EC & ECE)||1,57,900|
|M.E./M.TECH.- CSED,ECED, MED, EIED||81,380|
|M.E. / M.TECH. Others||72,980|
Thapar University Placement Records 2022
Placement Records of Thapar University of Engineering and Technology are written below.
|Academic Year||Companies Visiting TIET||Number of students placed|
|Single Offer||Multiple Offers||Total Placed||Total Offers|
The list of common Recruiters includes IBM, Whirlpool, Zomato, Deloitte, Microsoft, Reliance, Infosys, RBS, Samsung, etc.
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology
Nabha Rd, Patiala
Contact Nos.- 08288008120, 08288008121
If you have any extra doubts, let us know in the comment section below.