SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2021: Candidates preparing for the SRMJEEE 2021 must be aware of the SRM Engineering entrance exam pattern. This year, the exam is conducted remotely. Candidates can check the guidelines below. SRMJEEE Question Paper consists of 5 subjects such as Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Aptitude. In 2020 there was the addition of two more subjects i.e English and Aptitude. Thus candidates who are going to appear in SRMJEEE 2021, must be aware of the exam pattern. The exam will take place in an online mode (computer-based test) of 2 hours 30 minutes. The candidates will get the questions in the MCQ format. in which four options will be given in which one is the correct answer.
Check Eligibility For SRMJEEE Exam
Requirements before taking the SRMJEE B.Tech Entrance Test
This year, the entrance test will take place online. Candidates can appear for the exam from the comfort of their home. But before taking the test, the candidates must have the following configuration and follow the instructions below.
- The working condition of the computer, or laptop must be good. It must have the following configurations-
- Pentium IV/Dual Core
- 1 GB RAM or higher.
- 80 GB HDD or higher
- 15″ colour monitor, keyboard, mouse
- Microsoft Windows
- If a candidate does not have a laptop, then he/she can borrow one.
- Candidates can also use a mobile phone for taking the exam. The candidate should download the configuration file which will be available on the university website.
- A stable internet connection is required. At least 512 kbps to 1 Mbps.
- If a mobile hotspot is used for an Internet connection, then sufficient money must be paid to ensure that the internet connection does not fail.
- Once the test begins, no retest is allowed, due to poor Internet connection.
Room and Environment
- Candidates must sit in a room with good lighting and free from any noise.
- Place the computer in such a way, that the back is facing the wall and there are no devices placing the background.
- Keep the desk clear. There should be proper lighting so that the face is clearly visibly on cam.
- No person must enter the room while taking the test. If the proctor finds anyone’s presence, then the candidature is cancelled.
- Candidates must dress formally.
- Make sure that you are keeping the mobile that has number registered during registration. Keep this handy as your assigned proctor may give you a call if required. You can also contact them if you are facing any issues.
Things to Avoid while taking the exam
The candidates must avoid the following-
- Do not take help from others.
- Using Bluetooth devices is prohibited.
- Do not read anything aloud.
- Do not leave the workstation while taking the test.
- Avoid playing radio/TV/Music.
- Do not let anyone enter the room.
- You can use your phone only to contact the proctor.
Before, the exam starts, the webcam is activated automatically. If the camera is not working, then you cannot start the test. The candidates will be asked to take a photo appearing on the screen. Also, they will be asked to take a photo of the ID proof. An invigilator will be monitoring with the help of an AI machine.
Guidelines of Taking the exam
The exam instructions for the SRMJEE Online Test is as follows-
- Candidates who have taken the mock test will be eligible to appear on the test.
- While taking the mock test, the details are captured.
- Candidates have to log in for the test using the details available on the admit card.
- The time duration of the main exam is 150 minutes. Candidates must log in 60 minutes before the test time.
- The applicant cannot end the test if he/she finishes before.
- “I want to submit the test” appears after 120 minutes.
- The test closes automatically once the scheduled exam time of 150 minutes elapses.
SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Pattern Details
The SRMJEEE 2021 exam pattern gives the students an idea about the entrance exam. This includes the mode of entrance test, duration, language, marking scheme, etc. Candidates can check the detailed SRMJEEE B.Tech 2021 exam pattern listed below:
|Examination Mode||Online i.e Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||2 hrs 30 minutes.|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (Objective). Each question will have four options, one being the correct one.|
|Question Paper Consist Of|
I – Physics
II – Chemistry
III –Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharma)
IV – English
|Questions As Per The Section|
|Total No. Of Questions||125|
SRMJEEE B.Tech 2021 Marking Scheme
Candidates must know about the marking scheme of the SRMJEEE 2021.
correct answer: 1 marks
incorrect answer: No negative marking
Unattempted questions: no marks will be allotted
SRMJEE B.Tech Marking Scheme
|Subjects||No. of questions||No. Of Question||Total Marks|
|Part III||Mathematics/Biology (B.Pharma)||40||40|
SRMJEEE B.Tech Syllabus 2021
The syllabus is the base on which the questions are set for the SRMJEEE. Thus knowing the syllabus is important for the candidates who are preparing for the exam. Look at the syllabus as per the subjects and topics are given below. However one will get the detailed SRMJEEE Syllabus from here.
|Questions in this part contain Comprehensive type questions in the form of short passages or lines of poems or a dialogue. The candidate should read the given text and answer the set of Questions. Each question has 4 choices, out of which choose the best answer.|
Books For Covering SRMJEEE Exam Syllabus
Once aware of the SRMJEEE 2020 syllabus, students have a dilemma on which book should they study to clear the exam. Here some of the books are recommended which the students must study. We advise the students to start with the NCERT books first then go for the reference books.
SRMJEEE B.Tech Physics Books
|The concept of Physics Part 1. & The concept of Physics Part 2.||HC Verma.|
|Understanding Physics Series||D. C Pandey.|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison Boyd.|
|A modern approach to chemical calculations||R.C. Mukherjee.|
|Physical Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Trigonometry, Geometry Books||S.L. Loney.|
|Problems in Calculus||I.A. Maron.|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D. Sharma|
|S Chand Biology for Class 12||Sarita Aggarwal.|
|Pradeep: A text for Biology for Class 12||H.N. Srivastava, P.S. Dhami, G. Chopra.|
|Elementary Biology for class 12||TRUEMAN|
|Biology for class 12||S Chand|