Ravenshaw University UG Merit List 2020: Provisional UG 1st Selection Merit List has been declared. However, the CPET Admit Card will be released soon. However, the University has released the Exam Pattern and Sample Question Format for the students to practice along with schedule. The Ravenshaw University is a state university located in Cuttack, Odhisa, India. It was founded as Ravenshaw college in 1868 and the same institute became a university in 2006. The university offers admission to undergraduate programs in science, arts, commerce, management, computer science, electronics and telecommunication, hospitality and hotel management and information technology; Postgraduate programs in Science, Arts, Commerce, Management (MBA) and Computer application (MCA); Master of philosophy and Doctoral degree programs in Science, Arts and Commerce.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- The University has released the question papers of the semester examination conducted on 6th October 2020. Download Now.
- CPET Sample Questions and Exam Pattern is now available. Download below.
- Ravenshaw University Provisional UG First Selection List has been released. Candidates can check B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, etc. Merit List. Click Here to check the merit list. Admissions were open till 5th October 2020 (11:00 pm).
- The Application Form of Ph.D and M.Phil ends on 20th October 2020 (23:59 Hours). Click Here to Apply.
- CPET Admit Card Released. Download the Admit Card
CPET 2020 Exam Pattern and Sample Questions
Cut-Off Scores of Ravenshaw College 1st Selection List
Exam Schedule of Ravenshaw University CPET Exam
Important Dates of Ravenshaw University Admission
The candidates will have to make themselves updated with the release of the admission schedule which will be available on the official website. It is advised that the candidate must keep visiting the website on a regular basis so as not to miss any of the events. The schedule will provide the details which will be important for the candidates who will be applying for the admission. It is important that the once the dates are available, the candidates will be required to save and download it so as not to miss any of the important events.
Announcement of Notification
August 12, 2020
August 10, 2020
Release of Ravenshaw University 2020 Application Form
August 12, 2020
Last date for filling the application form
September 20, 2020
September 10, 2020 (11:45 PM)
UG Form Verification Dates
To be notified
Issue of Admit Card (for PG programmes)
September 30 (2 pm)
Common PG Entrance Test 2020 (For PG programmes)
October 10 to October 19
|Updation of class 12th marks till||October 22 (11:45 pm)|
Announcement of the result/merit list
To be notified
Completion of admission process by colleges and universities
To be notified
Ravenshaw University Merit List 2020
The Merit List of Ravenshaw University releases online on the official website of the University. Candidates who have successfully submitted the Application form will be able to check the Merit List which will be available as per on the date as mentioned in the admission schedule. It is important that the applicant will have to provide the correct details in the login section of the Merit List. The incorrect information will prohibit the candidate from checking the list. The Merit List will provide the names of the candidates who are selected for the admission procedure further and will have to appear for the counselling round for the final admission.
The candidates will have to submit the Application form before the due date and must make sure that the details provided in the form are valid and correct as the preparation of the Merit List will be on the basis of the marks secured by the applicant in their qualifying examination.
Importance of Ravenshaw University Merit List
The Merit List will have the details important for the candidates. Once the list is available, the candidates are advised that they must go through it carefully. The Merit List will have the details such as the Name of the candidate, Application form number, Course Name, marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination, rank allotted to the candidate in the Merit List and the procedure to be followed by the candidate after the release of the Merit List.
The candidate must go through it carefully and in case if any of the detail is found to be incorrect, they will have to contact the examination authorities immediately. The candidate will have to get the multiple photocopies of the Merit List on the day of the counselling. It will be required to appear at the allotted centre for the final admission and the seat allotment.
Ravenshaw University Admission Eligibility Criteria
|For UG Courses|
|For B.A/ BBA/ IMBA||50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary) without the mark in extra optional, if any|
|For B.Com||50% marks in aggregate and 40% in Compulsory English in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary) without the mark in extra optional, if any|
|For B.Sc.(IST)||50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary Science) without the mark in extra optional, if any or Three year Diploma in Engineering (with 50% marks) from an institution recognized by State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training, Odisha.|
|For B.Sc.(ITM)||50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary (+2) Science with mathematics as a subject) without the mark in extra optional, if any or Three year Diploma in Engineering (with 50% marks) from an institution recognized by State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training, Odisha.|
|For B.Sc.||50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary) without the mark in extra optional, if any. However, a student without Mathematics as optional subject cannot apply for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics Honours and a student without Biology as optional subject cannot apply for Botany or Zoology Honours.|
|Integrated B.A. B.Ed & B.Sc.B.Ed Programme||For applicants in the General category, 50% of marks in the qualifying examination, i.e. Higher Secondary, without the extra optional, if any, is required to be eligible to apply for the course. However, the eligibility for ST and SC students is 45% of marks at the Higher Secondary level without the extra optional.|
|For PG Courses|
|Biotechnology||Honours in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry or any other subject relating to Life Sciences with minimum 50% marks.|
|Statistics||Either Statistics or Mathematics as a subject with minimum 50% mark in the undergraduate level.|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||Honours in Electronics/ IST/ ITM/ Computer Science/ IT/ Physics/ Mathematics or B.Tech. in Electronics/ Computer Science/ IT or Equivalent with minimum 50% marks.|
|Computer Science and Information Technology Management||Honours in Computer Science / ITM / IST or B.Tech. in Computer Science/ IT / Electronics / BCA with minimum 50% marks.|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours).|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours).|
|Part-time MBA||Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours) and two years of working experience after graduation.|
|Rural Development||Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours).|
|Admission into Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Commerce, Applied Geography, Economics, Education, English, Hindi, History, Odia, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology and Sanskrit.||require second class honours with minimum 50% marks in the concerned subject.|
|Entrepreneurship||Second class with minimum 50% marks in B.Com Honours.|
|Candidates for admission to the M.Phil. programme should have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.|
|1. Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized by an authority.|
2. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled.
3. A person whose M.Phil dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the PhD programme of the same Institution.
4. For Business Administration a student having M.Sc./M.A./M.Com./LLM/ or an equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade OR M.Tech./M.E./MCA/MBA/ or an equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade is eligible.
5. For Computer Science a student having M.Sc. or an equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade OR M.Tech./M.E./MCA/MBA/ or an equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade is eligible.
Ravenshaw University 2020 Application Form
The application form for admission to the different courses offered by the university shall be available on the website: www.ravenshawuniversity.ac.in. The candidates seeking admission are advised to visit the website and fill the application form.
Instructions for filling the Application form
The candidates may follow the procedure given below to fill up the Application form:
- Fill your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as it appears in your 10th class marks memo. Leave one blank box between adjacent words. Do not use any prefixes like Mr., Mrs., Miss/Ms. etc.
- Enter your Date of Birth as recorded in 10th class marks memo in DD/MM/YY format only. When the number or date or month is a single digit, zero should be prefixed.
- Tick appropriate box in Gender case.
- Enter test centre code. You may give two choices as per your priority.
- Enter the date in DDMMYY format as per your convenience.
- Enter your Religion.
- Candidate belongs to BC/SC/ST/PwD category shall tick the appropriate box.
- Enter your Parent/Guardian name in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Write the complete postal address including Pin Code to which communications are to be sent.
- Enter your contact number and e-mail id for future communication.
The application fee for the different courses is as follows.
- For UG Course: Rs. 300/- (to be paid online at the time of application)
- For Integrated B.A.B.Ed And B.Sc.B.Ed Programme: Rs. 500/-
- For PG Course: Rs. 500/-
- For M.Phil. Programme: Rs.500/-
- For Ph.D. Programme: Rs. 1500/
Admit Card for Ravenshaw University Entrance Test
The Admit card for entrance test will be available on the website of the Ravenshaw University. The Admit card contains application number, program applied for, the address of the examination centre, date & time of the examination. Therefore, it is mandatory to carry the hall ticket to the examination.
Procedure to download Ravenshaw University Entrance Admit Card:
The candidates may follow the given steps to download the admit card.
- The candidates have to visit website of the University.
- Go to the “Download Admit Card” section.
- Fill the Application number and Security Pin.
- Admit card will appear on the screen in PDF format.
- The admit card will have Name of the Applicant, Roll number of the candidate, Name of the course, Date and time of the exam, Venue of the Test Centre.
- Take print out of it and preserve it till the admission procedure complete successfully.
- The Admit card for the entrance test will be available online and no admit card will be sent by post/fax to the candidate.
- Candidates are requested to bring at least one identity proof like Voter I Card/ Aadhaar/ Driving License/ any other recognized identity proof.
- The candidates are requested to report at the examination centre (Ravenshaw University Campus) at least one hour before the commencement of examination.
Exam Pattern for Ravenshaw University Entrance Test
For PG Courses
- There shall be multiple choice question.
- The responses to the questions shall be made on the OMR sheet by darkening the relevant oval in blue or black ballpoint pen.
- The duration of Entrance Test shall be of 2 hours.
- There shall be 100 questions and all are compulsory, each carrying 1 mark.
- For each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
For M.Phil. Programme
- Questions for M.Phil entrance examination will be Objective/ Subjective/ both objective and subjective.
- The time duration of entrance examination will be 2 hours.
- Full Marks is 100.
- There is no negative marking.
For Ph.D. Programmes
- Questions for written examination will be objective/ subjective/ both objective and subjective types based on the PG level course of Ravenshaw University.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The time duration of the written component will be 2 hours.
- Full Marks is 100.
- To qualify for an interview, the candidate must obtain at least 50 % marks in written component.
Ravenshaw University Entrance Test Results
The result of the Ravenshaw University Entrance Exam will be published on the university website and notice board of the university tentatively within 10 days after the completion of the entrance test. The candidates who will appear in the entrance exam shall be able to check their marks and rank secured by them.
Ravenshaw University Admission Procedure
- For UG Course: The university will release merit list on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the admission shall be made according to that list. The university will prepare separate merit for each Honours subject.
- For PG Programme: The merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of performance of the candidate in the entrance test only.
- For M.Phil. Programme: The University will admit M.Phil. students through a two stage process consisting of a written test and an admission interview. The qualifying marks of the written test and admission interview shall be 50%, separately.
- The provisionally selected candidates will be required to take admission on the day of admission.
- If any candidate fails to submit the required documents and admission fees on the specified dates of counselling, the claim for admission shall be forfeited.
- However, three days time will be given for wait-listed candidates only for the submission of CLC/TC, provided the candidate submits the proof of her/his admission to any other university/college.
Documents Required at the time of admission
The candidates are required to present following certificates and documents in original and self attested photo copies in support of qualification, etc.
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent.
- Certificate of High School Examination or equivalent in support of age.
- Migration Certificate
- School or College Leaving Certificate
- Certificate(s) in support of claim for Reservation, Weightage and domicile.
- For Ex-service men and family members category, Discharge Certificate.
- Blood Group Certificate
- Four recent stamp size photographs.
- Duly filled in Affidavit form (available in the website).
The documents required to submit during interview are – One copy of the submitted application form along with 3 copies of research proposal (1000 words). At the time of interview it will be evaluated in terms of the reasoning and insight, it will be a tool for us to assess your research interest.
The documents required to submit during interview are –
- The application form print out with a recent passport size photograph affix on it.
- Photocopies of Marksheet and Certificate of the HSC/10th, 12th and Degree/ Master’s Degree or equivalent examination.
- Photocopies of Marksheet and Provisional Certificate of the last qualifying P.G. or equivalent examination.
- Research proposal of 2000 words.
- Photocopies of documentary evidence
- Where all two years’ marks are not reflected in a single mark sheet, candidates are required to submit all mark sheets (individual semester/ annual).