NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2021: The National Council Of Education Research & Training is the official authority that conducts the NTSE 2021. It is a national level entrance exam, which grants scholarships to the meritorious students at different levels. However, in order to sit for the exam, the candidates must possess the NTSE eligibility. The NTSE Eligibility Criteria varies at different stages (1 & 2). Furthermore, any ineligible candidate who applies for the NTSE 2021, will be debarred from sitting for the exam. Therefore, the candidates must check the NTSE Exam Eligibility Criteria For Stage 1 & 2, very carefully. The candidates who qualify for the NTSE stage 1 exam will be promoted to sit for the NTSE stage 2 exam. Furthermore, in order to help the candidates, we have provided information related to the same in the article below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NTSE General Eligibility Criteria 2021
The awardees studying in Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Languages Commerce, vocational studies and fine arts are eligible to receive the scholarship up to Ph. D. level whereas the awardees studying professional courses in medicines, engineering, technology, management, and law, are eligible to receive the scholarship up to second-degree level. Scholarships will be paid subject to fulfillment of the following conditions. Also, check the NTSE Eligibility Criteria from below.
An Awardee is eligible for the NTSE scholarship provided if she/he:
- takes up studies in approved courses.
- maintains good conduct as certified by the Head of the College/Institution and continues his/her studies as a regular student.
- does not absent herself/himself without proper leave.
- takes up studies on a whole-time basis.
- does not take up any job with salary/remuneration/stipend.
- If an awardee is getting the scholarship from other sources on a regular basis, then he has to choose only one of the scholarships.
- Fee waiver/ one-time grant/subsidy in fee and residential accommodation will not make a student ineligible for the scholarship.
- No scholarship shall be available for studies abroad for any course.
- An awardee can submit his claim bills any time during the course of study. However, the claim bills are to be submitted for each class/year separately.
- In case any awardee leaves her/his course of study within one month of registration/admission, no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
- In case awardee is not able to appear at the examination due to serious illness, one should send the medical certificate through the Head of the Institution within three months of his/her falling ill.
- The NTS awardee is allowed one shift in the course of study till one month after the end of the first year of undergraduate courses, within the same institution or in another institution.
- Scholarship shall be deemed to be discontinued with any gap of one academic session in studies at any time due to any reason.
- Scholarship once discontinued on the basis of the rules of disbursement of scholarship cannot be revived under any circumstances.
- Awardees have to secure an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent grade in order to be eligible for scholarship every year. If a student secured less than 60% in a year the scholarship is forfeited for that year.
- For seeking scholarship the awardee has to pass in all subject (core subject) in first attempt. If an awardee fails in any core subject, his/her NTSE scholarship will be discontinued forever.
- All rules are subject to change from time to time, as and when required, which will be binding on all awardees.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria For Scholarship at the Higher Secondary Stage 2021
The candidates can check the NTSE Eligibility Criteria from below.
- The award of scholarship to the selected candidates shall commence subsequent to their clear promotion to Class XI.
- The scholarship at the higher secondary stage or equivalent Classes XI to XII is payable for a maximum period of two years for studies in India only.
- Student pursuing diploma or certificate courses will be provided scholarship, at this stage provided if they are not employed.
- Awardees have to secure an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent grade in order to be eligible for scholarship every year. If a student secured less than 60% in a year the scholarship is forfeited for that year. If a student fails to secure minimum 60% or equivalent grade for two consecutive or non-consecutive years. He or she will be ineligible for payment of scholarship and will be discontinued forever.
- In case an institution does not conduct an examination at the end of Class XI, the scholarship for the second year will be continued on the submission of a certificate to this effect from the Head of the Institution.
- In case the performance is reported in grades, then equivalent to 60% aggregate will be taken into account.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria For Scholarships at First Degree Level Courses 2021
The candidates can check the NTSE Eligibility Criteria from below.
- The awardee must obtain a minimum of 60 percent marks at the end of +2 stage or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at the first-degree level course in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences or a professional course in engineering, medicine, management or law.
- The scholarship to SC/ST/PH awardees will be paid after getting selected through Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), IIT and admitted in the one-year preparatory course for B.Tech. The scholarship will continue in 1st year subject to fulfillment of all the conditions laid down by respective IIT
- Withdrawal in the non-core subject as per institutional rules of exemption is considered for payment of scholarship.
- At least 60 percent marks in aggregate at the internal examinations. However, the scholarship to MBBS candidates for the internship will be given, only if one secures 60 percent or more marks in the final degree.
- Awardees have to secure an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent grade in order to be eligible for a Scholarship every year. If a student secured less than 60% in a year the Scholarship is forfeited for that year. If a student fails to secure a minimum of 60% or equivalent grade for two consecutive or non-consecutive years. He or she will be ineligible for payment of scholarship and will be discontinued forever.
- In case an Institution/University does not conduct an annual examination after such a class, a certificate from the principal/head of the institution would be acceptable to this effect that the overall performance of the awardee is 60 percent or above.
- In the case of IITs and other institutions, which follow the semester system of examination, the marks or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at the end of an academic year will be considered.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria For Second Degree Level Course 2021
The candidates can check the NTSE Eligibility Criteria below.
- Awardees have to secure an aggregate of 60% marks or equivalent grade in order to be eligible for a scholarship every year. If a student secured less than 60% in a year the Scholarship is forfeited for that year. If a student fails to secure a minimum 60% or equivalent grade for two consecutive or non-consecutive years. He or she will be ineligible for payment of scholarship and will be discontinued forever.
- An awardee shall be eligible to receive the scholarship in the second year only if he/she secures at least 60 percent marks at the end of the first year. In case there is no university examination or grades are awarded, a suitable certificate from the head of the institution will be acceptable.
- In case an institution has a semester system of examination at this stage, the marks, grades or CGPA as the case may be, obtained by an awardee in the examination conducted at the end of an academic year, will be considered for continuation of her/his scholarship during the next year.
- The scholarships at this stage will also be available for doing a diploma course in management or a specific branch of medicine or surgery provided the minimum qualification for entrance to such courses is a degree in the concerned discipline.
If you have any doubt related to this article, then please write us in the comment box given below.