NIFT Syllabus 2020: Candidates who want to appear in the examination, syllabus of NIFT will be important for them. Refer to the NIFT Exam Syllabus before starting the preparation. In the examination questions will be asked from the subjects and topics mentioned in the syllabus. Read about NIFT GAT Syllabus, NIFT CAT Syllabus on this page. Through the syllabus, candidates will get an idea of the important contents which is useful for study for the examination.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
NIFT Syllabus 2020
It is advised those candidates who are seeking admission to having a look at NIFT 2020 Syllabus. The syllabus contains contents of all the subject which are important from the examination point of view. A candidate who has an idea of Exam Syllabus of NIFT can prepare for the exam in a better way. Further, read about the NIFT 2020 Syllabus in detail from below.
NIFT GAT Syllabus
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension: This subject will test the language ability of a candidate in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on singular, plural, synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, correct spellings, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, comprehends a situation from a given passage etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: It will test the candidate’s capacity for inference and logic from the given information. It will evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the problem and apply Reasoning in solving the core issues of the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- Quantitative Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The subtest consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section will check the candidate’s general knowledge such as Science, Static GK, Current affairs and others.
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
NIFT CAT Syllabus
This test will be for both UG and PG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
NIFT Exam Pattern
Along with NIFT Syllabus 2020, having an idea of exam pattern is equally important. This section is providing the details of NIFT Exam Scheme. So, check the details from below.
NIFT GAT Exam Pattern – UG and PG Design Programme
|LANGUAGE OF WRITTEN TEST||English/ Hindi||English/ Hindi|
|TEST DURATION||120 min.||120 min.|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
NIFT GAT Exam Pattern – UG and PG Fashion Technology
|LANGUAGE OF WRITTEN TEST||English/ Hindi||English/ Hindi||English/ Hindi|
|TEST DURATION||180 min.||180 min.||180 min.|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge And Current Affairs||25||25||25|
SITUATION TEST – FOR UG DESIGN
- Candidates who will qualify B.Des written entrance examination will get the call for Situation Test.
- It is a test which will test the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability in a given situation with a given set of materials.
- Candidates will not get additional material.
- The experts will evaluate the model on space visualization, innovative and creative use of given material, colour scheme, the composition of elements, finesse of the model, construction skill, and overall presentation etc.
- Candidates have to provide a write up explaining the concept behind the model constructed.
- The write up should be in the English language. If any candidate will provide write up in any other language then no marks will be given for write-up.
- Candidates should not bring outside/additional material for making the model or design.
- The Jury will declare the result on the spot.