Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra is going to conduct the Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test better known as MHT CET on 10th May 2018. The exam will be held in offline mode for 3 papers i.e. Paper 1 – Mathematics, Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry and Paper 3 – Biology according to the new syllabus. According to the new notification, released by DTE, Maharashtra, the syllabus will include topics from class 11th and class 12th. Class 11th syllabus will carry 20% weightage and class 12th syllabus will carry 80% weightage.
Candidates who are planning to take MHT CET 2018 must begin the preparation soon. It is necessary for all the candidates who are appearing for the exam to be in sync with all exam related details as the first step for the preparation of the exam. For an effective preparation and to score better percentage of marks, aspirants must follow the below-mentioned preparation tips:
7 Ways To Prepare For MHT CET 2018
- Pay attention in school – Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the MH CET 2018 question paper are covered.
- Manage your day – Chart out a timetable on daily basis. This will give you ample amount of time to study, take breaks and revise what you’ve studied.
- Coaching classes – Aspirants who can manage time and want to join batch wise tuition centres can join coaching classes.
- Keep yourself updated – Keeping yourself in sync with previous years’ question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
- Practice mock test – There are various tests available for students who want to prepare for the exam thoroughly. After completing the preparations, students can take the timed-mock test and check if they are able to complete the exam in given time. Candidates can also go for online test series after they are done with the syllabus.
- Clarify your doubts – Students must not forget to clear their doubts however small they may be. It is advisable for the students to approach their school teachers and tuition teachers whenever in need.
- Eat Healthy – Students must make sure that while preparing for MH CET 2018, they eat healthy and have a healthy sleeping pattern. The entire preparation will prove futile if you do not feel fit on the day of the exam.
Previous Year’s Question Papers
Previous year question papers provide an insight into the structure and exam pattern of the same examination held in the previous years. It is always a good idea to check out sample papers and old question papers for thorough preparation. Students who have completed the syllabus and preparation can examine their grasp of concepts by answering and checking the previous year question paper.
MHT CET 2018 Preparation Books
Apart from all the study material available, students can also buy MH CET 2018 preparation books online or offline from a bookstore. Students who cannot study online and prefer studying from hard copies can buy the books online.
For Physics :
- Concepts of Physics
- NCERT Physics Books of Class XI & XII
- Marvel Physics for MHT CET
- Marvel Chemistry for MHT CET
- NCERT Chemistry Books of Class XI & XII
- Dinesh objective Biology
- NCERT biology Books of class XI & XII
- MHT CET 2017- Mathematics
- NCERT mathematics Books of class XI & XII
MHT CET 2018 will be conducted in around 36 cities in the state of Maharashtra. Students appearing for this exam should prepare themselves well in advance so that they know their strengths and weaknesses and are able to qualify the exam.