KEAM stands for Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical. It is a series of exams conducted by Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams (CEE) run by the Government of Kerala. This exam is conducted every year for admission to various professional courses like engineering agriculture and medical courses offered in the state of Kerala.
For Engineering courses, Candidates who have applied are tested on topics from Physics, Chemistry and mathematics studied in class 11th and 12th from either Kerala State education board or similar state and National Boards like CBSE.
For medical courses, the test will be similar to other entrance examinations like AIIMS and AIPMT, covering topics from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For Architecture courses, candidates are ranked in the score obtained by them in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) which is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA).
CEE has recently released an official notice announcing the final dates of Kerala engineering entrance examination (KEEE) 2018. KEAM 2018 Exam is a gateway for admission into B.Tech courses offered in around 365 engineering institutes of Kerala.
Recent KEAM 2018 Exam updates have been listed below:
- Paper 1 for Physics and Chemistry will be held on 23rd April 2018 (Monday) from 10 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Paper 2 for Mathematics will be held on 24th April 2018 (Tuesday) from 10 AM to 12:30 PM.
Candidates appearing in KEAM 2018 Exam must first check the eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting authority. These criteria are based on parameters like age, nationality and educational qualifications. Before filling up the application form for KEAM 2018 Exam aspirants must have a thorough look at the eligibility criteria listed below:
Age For Applying for KEAM 2018 Exam
The lower age limit to appear for KEAM 2018 Exam is 17 years. The candidate taking the exam must be 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018. There is no upper age limit.
Nationality For Applying for KEAM 2018 Exam
The aspirant must be a citizen of India. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India will also be considered.
Domicile Criteria For Applying for KEAM 2018 Exam
- Candidates must belong to either the Keralite category or Non-Keralite category 1 or to Non-Keralite category 2.
- Candidates of Kerala origin will be categorized as Keralite. Wards/ children of AIS officers allotted to Kerala cadre as also eligible.
- Candidates will be considered as Non-Keralite category 1 if they are not from Kerala but satisfy any one of the following conditions:
- Candidates who have undertaken a qualifying course in Kerala and their Non- Keralite parents belong to Government of India/ Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- Candidates who are not of Kerala origin but has been a resident of Kerala for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of their study.
- Candidates who have done the qualifying course in Kerala and their Non- Keralite parents who are serving/ served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years are also eligible.
- Candidates who are not of Kerala origin but who have done their school studies in Kerala from standard 8th to 12th.
- Candidates will be considered as Non-Keralite category 2 will be given admissions in government and management quota seats in B.Tech offered by government-controlled self-financing colleges and private self-financing engineering. This will happen only in case the Keralite and Non- Keralite 1 candidates are not available for admission.
Educational Qualification For Applying for KEAM 2018 Exam
- Candidate should have passed high school from Kerala Board or any other equivalent board.
- He/she should have scored at least 50% marks in Mathematics and an aggregate of 50% in physics, chemistry, and Mathematics together.
- For admission in B.Tech programme under management quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges and Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges, candidates have to score an aggregate of 45% in physics, chemistry, and Mathematics together.
All candidates appearing in the exam must check all the eligibility criteria carefully. If a candidate does not meet the criteria and still fills the application form, his/her application will be rejected and the candidature will be cancelled.