The Karnataka Examination Authorities will conduct the Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for the candidates who want to their post graduation in Engineering, Architecture or Technology. This is a state level examinations with more than 178 colleges and universities participating. Candidates seeking for the courses offered by different colleges of Karnataka should apply for it. Only if the candidates register themselves successfully are going to go for the proceedings of the Entrance. The Application for Karnataka PGCET will be in the online mode. Candidates need to register themselves online. Candidates are advised to check the Eligibility criteria before applying. Only if the candidates fulfill the Eligibility criteria should apply for it. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria should not apply as their forms will be canceled by the Authorities. The Examination will be held in the traditional mode. It will be in the offline mode. The candidates will not be allowed to take the Examination without the Admit Card. The Candidates will be issued the Admit card only if they register themselves successfully. They should know that the Admit card is the gateway to Examination and it is mandatory for the them that they should carry the Admit Card with them. The candidates should complete the Application process before the Last date ends. After the closing of the online forms, no submissions either in online or offline will be Entertained. Candidates before filling up the form should read the Instructions or the guidelines that will be written on the form. After the whole process
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates who are interested in the courses that the Karnataka Universities and colleges are offering should keep all the updates and notifications about the Examinations. They should not miss any kind of information associated with the Examination. This might hamper the student’s career. The following is a list of important dates that the candidates should keep a note of:
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Serial No||Events||Important Dates ( Tentative)|
|1||Opening Date of Application Form||May 19, 2018|
|2||Closing Date Of Application Forms||May 25, 2018|
|3||Last Date to Pay the Fees.||1st Week of June, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka PGCET 2018
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before they apply for it. The Eligibility criteria are set by the Examination Authorities. Candidates can only apply if they fulfill all the needed criteria for the Examination. The eligibility criteria are listed down are as:
- Candidates should be a permanent resident of Karnataka and should be a Domicile of Karnataka. They should hold the local status of Karnataka. They should have lived in Karnataka for a substantial period of time. Their father or their mother should have studied in Karnataka for 7 years.
- Candidates must score 50 % in their last qualifying Examination if they belong to the General Category and the candidates with SC/ST categories should score at least 45% in the last qualifying Examination.
- The GATE qualified students are not needed to sit for the Examination. They just have to fill the form and register themselves separately. The GATE qualified candidates are given first seats while allotting the Seats. After that remaining seats are given to the Karnataka PGCET qualified candidates according to their ranks in the Examination.
- The candidates who want take the M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch course for the Postgraduate level should have a Bachelor degree in the equivalent subject from a reputed organization. The candidates belonging to the General Caste should have scored 50% and the SC/ST candidates should score 45%
- Candidates who will apply for the MCA (Lateral Entry) should complete their BCA or B.Sc in Computer Science or IT with at least 50% by the General Category students and 45% by the SC/ST students.
- Candidates planning to apply for the MBA course should have done their BBA for three years and the General Category students should score 50% and SC/ST students should score 45%.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Form
Candidates have to fill up the form in the online mode. There is no offline mode for the Examination. Candidates do not have to submit the form to the Examination Authorities physically. Instead, they have to complete some procedures while filling up the form.
Candidates should keep the following things ready before filling up the form is a valid E-mail ID and a Phone Number, Scanned copies of Photograph, Signature, and thumb impression in the prescribed format, Income Certificate, Qualifying Degree Certificate.
APPLICATION FORMS ARE RELEASED: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Candidates have to follow some steps for filling up the form.
Registration: The first step to fill the Application form of Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application form is registration. Candidates have to furnish all the details in the required fields of Application Form. Then they have to create an User Id and a password to log in th second step. After the successful registration Examination Authorities will provide a unique verification code to the candidates. The fields that a candidate have to enter is his/her Name, Father’s and Mother’s name, Gender, Date of Birth, E-mail, Password, The course he/she wants to apply for and the Mobile Number.
Form Fillup: The first step to fill the Application form of Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application form is registration. Candidates have to furnish all the details in the required fields of Application Form. Then they have to create a User Id and a password to log in the second step. After the successful registration Examination Authorities will provide a unique verification code to the candidates. The fields that a candidate have to enter is his/her Name, Father’s and Mother’s name, Gender, Date of Birth, E-mail, Password, The course he/she wants to apply for and the Mobile Number.
|Academic Details||Personal Details||Contact Details|
|Qualifying Examination||Name of the Candidate||Mobile Number|
|Mark sheets||Father’s and Mother’s name|
|Name of the Institute||Application Number||Address|
|Year of Passing||Courses Applied|
|Passing Month||Date of Birth|
|Qualifying Examination Status||Quota|
|University Seat Number||Category|
|Particulars of he Examination||Religion|
Photo/Documentation Upload: The third step is uploading Documents and photograph. Candidates should keep the passport size, signature and left thump impression scanned with them. The following things have to be uploaded in the JPEG or JPG Format. The Size of the passport size photo should be less than 50KB, the signature should be less than 30 KB and the Left Thumb impression should be less than 40KB.The dimension of all three documents should be 3.5cm*1.5cm. The following documents should only be uploaded with the prescribed criteria.
Payment: Candidates need to pay the required number of fees for the successful registration. The payment has to be done online and no offline method will be accepted. The payment can be done by the Debit/Credit card. The fees will differ with the different category. The General category of candidates will have to pay Rupees 650 and the candidates belonging to the ST/SC categories will have to pay 500 Rupees.
After the final submission of the details, the candidates should keep a printed copy of the Application form. The payment will not be refunded in any case to the candidates. Even if the candidates do not take the Examination The Examination Authority will not be responsible for the refunding of the transaction fees.
Points to be Remembered
- The Application form will only be issued online. There is no offline filling up of forms.
- The GATE qualified candidates do not need to sit for the Examination. After the submission of their forms, they can wait for the counselling and the Seat allotment process. For these two processes, the candidates should be present there in person.
- While filling up the form that candidates are asked for their preferred choice for the Examination Center. A candidate can fill only one Examination center.
- The scanned images that need to be uploaded should be in the prescribed format and dimensions. If it doesn’t match the criteria it will not be accepted.