JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result: JIPMER MBBS 2018 Rank card is now available for downloading. Candidates who appeared in the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam can download their respective rank card by entering user ID and Password. Link to download the same has been provided below. JIPMER will conduct the entrance examination for admission to undergraduate MBBS programme for the academic session 2018 on 3rd June 2018. The official examination conducting authority of Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) 2018 entrance examination has published the merit list containing names of the shortlisted candidates at the official website today. JIPMER Puducherry has released JIPMER MBBS 2018 result on June 8, 2018 instead of June 20, 2018.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The official JIPMER Puducherry website has been repeatedly crashing due to heavy traffic but candidates can check the Unreserved merit list here for now. The result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 is declared in online mode in two forms – as merit lists and individual rank letters/scorecards. The result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 is first declared in the form of 11 different category-wise JIPMER MBBS merit lists containing names of only those candidates who qualify JIPMER MBBS and two overall merit lists containing names of all candidates who appeared for JIPMER MBBS. Ankadala Anirudh Babu has emerged as the JIPMER MBBS 2018 topper with a percentile score of 99.9987799 who is also a NEET 2018 AIR 8 holder. As confirmed by the result, 1,97,551 candidates had registerd for the exam but only 1,56,422 candidates appeared. Candidates can check and download their JIPMER MBBS result 2018 through the links given on this page.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Rank Card
Candidates who took the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam can now download their rank card by clicking on the link given below. Candidates need to enter user ID and Password to access the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Rank Card. To check and download the Rank Card – Click Here
The JIPMER Result 2018 has been released in the form of merit list. Applicants can also view and download their individual Marks/Percentile scores obtained in the JIPMER entrance examination 2018 by visiting official website. Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the JIPMER 2018 entrance examination, the official authority prepares the merit list. JIPMER Merit list contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for the counselling and admission procedure.
Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile or cut-off in the entrance examination will not be considered for admission and their names will not be included in the merit list. The following marks in the table given below are the category-wise cut-off of the JIPMER 2018 exam. The minimum percentile that an applicant must obtain is provided in the table below
|S. No||Category||Minimum percentile|
|2.||Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|3.||SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
JIPMER Merit List 2018 Released
JIPMER Merit List 2018 Part 1
Click Here to View to open in new tab.
JIPMER Merit List 2018 Part 2
Click Here to View in new tab.
JIPMER Merit List of Category Wise Candidates
Click Here to Check Merit List of OBC Candidates
Click Here to check Merit List of SC Candidates
Click Here to check Merit List of ST Candidates
Click here to check Merit List of UR Candidates
Merit List for Puducherry Candidates
- Puducherry – UR Category Click Here
- Puducherry – OBC Category Click Here
- Puducherry – SC Category Click Here
- Puducherry – ST Category Click Here
- NRI/OCI Category Click Here
- PwD- OPH Category Click Here
- Puducherry – PwD- OPH Category Click Here
Candidates belonging to general category are required to score a minimum of 50th percentile, those belonging to general-PH category are required to score at least 45th percentile, and SC/ST/OBC category candidates are required to score at least 40th percentile to qualify JIPMER MBBS exam. The result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 contains candidates’ name, category, general and category-wise rank and total and subject-wise percentile scored. After a few days of the release of JIPMER MBBS merit list, JIPMER Puducherry will release JIPMER MBBS 2018 result in the form of individual rank letters or scorecards. Rank letter of JIPMER MBBS result 2018 will be released for all the candidates irrespective of the fact that they qualify the exam or not. JIPMER MBBS 2018 rank letters will display the rank, marks scored and the overall and sectional percentile of a candidate. Aspirants of JIPMER MBBS 2018 can check the article below for complete information about the result of JIPMER MBBS 2018, including important dates, steps to download JIPMER MBBS scorecards, qualifying percentile, etc.
Steps to check the Result of JIPMER 2018.
- Go to the official website of JIPMER: jipmer.edu.in
- On the homepage, click on the latest updates section.
- Now, click on “MBBS Result 2018” link.
- Enter the details like registration number, roll number.
- Result containing the marks/percentile will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the name and other details carefully and take the printout of the same for future use.
Download JIPMER Merit List 2018
- Go to the official website of JIPMER.
- On the homepage, click on the latest updates section.
- Click on “MBBS 2018 Merit List” option.
- Merit list will be displayed on the screen in PDF format
NOTE: Applicants are advised to check their names on the merit list carefully and take the print out of the same for future use.
JIPMER MBBS Merit List 2018
Preparation of Merit List for JIPMER 2018 is based on percentile score after the normalization process.
Normalization is a process for ensuring that students are neither got advantage nor disadvantage by the difficulty of questions since the entrance exam is conducted in two Shifts
At First, the Percentile Score for each candidate (Shift Wise) will be calculated as detailed below:-
Percentile Score Calculation
In shift-wise, Percentile score of each candidate will reflect what percentage of candidates have scored below that candidate in Entrance Examination in shift wise.
Number of Candidates from the group with aggregate mark less than a candidate X 100
Number of Candidates in the Particular Shift
NOTE: By this way, the percentile score (up to 7 decimal places) will be calculated separately for each of the five subjects (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and Comprehension & Logical and Aptitude Reasoning) and the total. The Percentile of the total shall not be an aggregate or average of the percentile of individual subjects.
Preparation of Overall Rank/ Merit List
The percentile scores for the total marks for both shifts as mentioned above would be merged and arranged so as to derive an overall merit list/ ranking.
Tie-breaking procedure for JIPMER MBBS 2018
In case, two or more candidates secure equal percentile in the examination, the inter-se-merit will be determined in the following order:-
JIPMER MBBS 2018 – Tie-Breaking Criteria
In case two or more candidates score the same percentile, then their rank in the merit list will be determined by applying tie-breaking criteria in the order given below:
- Lesser negative marks: Candidates with lesser negative marks will be given first preference in the order of merit.
- Percentile in Biology: Candidate with more percentile in the Biology section of JIPMER MBBS entrance will be put higher in the order of merit.
- Percentile in Chemistry: If negative marks and Biology percentile is equal, then the candidate with greater Chemistry percentile will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Percentile in Physics: If the tie persists, the candidates’ Physics percentile score in JIPMER MBBS will be considered. Candidate with higher percentile in Physics will be put above those with lesser percentile.
- Percentile in English & Comprehension: If the tie still fails to break then candidates’ percentile score in English & Comprehension section of JIPMER MBBS will be considered. One with higher percentile in this subject will be put higher in order of merit.
- Percentile in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If the tie still doesn’t break, then the percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning section of JIPMER MBBS will be considered. One with higher percentile in this section will be put above those with lesser percentile scores.
- Age: If all other factors fail to break the tie, then the candidate senior in age will be put higher in the order of merit list over the younger ones.
JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 Highlights
Candidates will be able to check whether or not they have qualified the exam and the rank they have got, with the declaration of the merit list of JIPMER MBBS 2018. JIPMER MBBS result 2018 in the form of merit list has been released on June 8, 2018.
Category-wise merit list of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be released such as overall merit list (containing names of all the candidates irrespective of their categories), general merit list, SC merit list, ST merit list and so forth. The result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 in the form of merit list will majorly contain Candidate’s name, Roll Number, All India Rank (AIR), Overall percentile and percentile scored in individual subjects of JIPMER MBBS entrance namely Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English & Comprehension and Logic & Quantitative Reasoning.
Individual rank letters or scorecards of all the candidates who appeared in JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be released a week after the declaration of merit list, i.e. in the second week of June 2018 tentatively. The rank letters of JIPMER MBBS 2018 entrance exam will contain the detailed marks scored by a candidate, sectional and overall percentile, rank, etc.
So, to know about the result, cut-off and merit list of JIPMER 2018 entrance examination for admission to MBBS programme in detail, candidates should go through this article.
Very Informative Blog on JIPMER