IISER 2021: Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) will release the application form through a KVPY & SCB channel on 1st July 2021. IISER provides education in the field of science and research. The institute will conduct the IISER Exam for a 5-year dual degree course known as the BS-MS program. Admission for IISER 2021 will be granted via three channels and they are KVPY, SCB, and JEE. The authority will conduct an IISER Aptitude Test 2021 (IAT 2021) for applicants opting for the SCB channel whereas direct admission will be offered to eligible candidates who are opting for the other two channels. Applicants can apply through any of the three channels but they must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the channel they are applying to. There are seven participating Institutes of IISER 2021.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IISER Exam 2021
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) – Candidates opting for this channel are eligible for direct admission through a valid JEE Advanced 2021 score.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) – Based on a valid KVPY fellowship, an applicant will be offered admission to the institute.
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) – Aspirants need to appear in an Aptitude test for this channel. the details regarding the aptitude test are mentioned below in the article.
Overview of IISER 2021
A quick overview is depicted below in the table for IISER 2021. Applicants can go through this to have knowledge about the same.
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
|Name||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Admission|
|Commonly Known as||IISER|
|Conducting Institute||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research|
|Channels of Admission||IISER 2021 Admission is conducted via 3 channels: KVPY, JEE, and SCB.IISER Aptitude Test 2021 will be conducted for candidates opting for the SCB channel. While direct admission will be offered to eligible candidates opting for the other two channels.|
|Purpose||To provide admission in 5-year degree course known as BS-MS program at one of the seven participating institutes|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||Application fee of Rs. 2000 for General Category applicantsApplication fee of Rs. 1000 for SC/ST/Kashmiri Migrants/Physically Handicapped candidatesThe application fee will be non-refundable|
|Number of Seats Reserved||50% of seats will be allotted to KVPY and JEE candidates while remaining seats will be allotted to SCB candidates.|
|Combined total number of seats||1285 (Approximately)|
IISER 2021- Dates
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) will announce tentative dates for the occurrence of any particular event regarding IISER. The important dates for all the three channels differ and are tabulated below:
|Opening of the Application portal||1st July 2021|
|Final date to submit the Application form||31st August 2021|
|Uploading Marks & Category Certificate||August 2021|
|Last date of uploading XII Marks & Category Certificate||September 2021|
|Opening of the Application portal||TBA|
|Last date of Uploading XII Marks and Category Certificate. (Application portal closes at 5 PM)||—|
|Application Portal Closes||—|
|1st round of seat allotment SAF begins with freeze only||—|
|First-round SAF closes at 5 PM||—|
|Withdrawal of SAF closes at 5 PM||—|
|2nd & Final Round of Seat Allotment (SAF begins with freeze only)||—|
|Reporting at IISER for registration||—|
|2nd Round SAF (Channel Counselling Closed)||—|
|Commencement of Classes||—|
|Application portal goes live at 11 AM (accessible via www.iiseradmission.in)||1st May 2021|
|Application portal closes at 5 PM||31st August 2021|
|Last date of Uploading XII Marks & Category Certificate closes at 5 PM||August 2021|
|Downloading Hall Ticket||September 2021|
|IISER Aptitude Test 9.00 to 12.00||17th September 2021|
|Answer Key Release|
|1st round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze|
|1st round SAF closes at 10 PM|
|2nd round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze|
|2nd round SAF closes at 5 PM|
|3rd round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze|
|3rd round SAF closes at 10 PM|
|Withdrawal of SAF closes at 10 PM|
|4th round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze|
|Reporting at IISER for Registration|
|4th Round closes at 10 PM (Channel Counselling Closed)|
|Commencement of Classes|
IISER Eligibility Criteria
The admission authority has set different eligibility criteria for each of the three channels of IISER 2021. Applicants must check and meet the eligibility criteria for whichever channel they are applying for. IISER Eligibility Criteria 2021 is given below for all three channels:
For Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Channel
- Applicants must have a valid KVPY fellowship for the academic sessions 2021-2021. In addition, cut-off criteria may be applicable
For Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) Channel
- Applicants belonging to the General category must obtain a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2021 to be eligible for admission. Candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD) must secure a rank within 10000
For State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) Channel
- Applicants must have passed class 12th or intermediate examination with science stream in 2019 or 2021
- Candidates must have a score equal or above the cut-off in their respective boards
- The cut-off percentage for SC/ST and Kashmiri Migrants is set as 55% in 12th standard for all boards
- There is a 5% relaxation for the OBC-NC and PwD category in the qualifying examination
- Applicants of Indian nationality, POI, and OCI are eligible for IISER 2021.
IISER Application Form 2021
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research has released the online application form for the different channels separately. Hence, a separate application form needs to be filled for each channel along with the payment of the application fee. Candidates need to register through their valid email ids and enter the required details. After registration, an applicant can log in and proceed to fill the IISER Application Form 2021. Applicants opting for SCB need to fill the marks secured by them in the Aptitude test and they also need to upload documents. These documents must be in the specifications notified by the authority.
IISER Application Fee 2021
Aspirants need to pay an application fee which differs for different categories. Given below is the table displaying an amount that needs to be paid:
|S.No||Category||Amount In INR|
|2||SC/ST/PwD applicants and Kashmiri Migrants||1000|
NOTE – Application fee is non-refundable and payment can be made only via online mode through Net Banking or Credit/Debit card.
IISER Test Centres 2021
Applicants have to select test centres as per their convenience and preference while filling an application form. The aptitude test will be conducted in the following test centre cities.
|Bangalore||Indian Institute of Science Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bangalore|
|Bhubaneswar||National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar|
|Bhopal||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal|
|Baroda||The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Chennai||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Delhi||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Guwahati||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati|
|Hyderabad||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Uppal No. 1, Hyderabad|
|Kolkata||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata|
|Mohali||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali|
|Mumbai||Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai|
|Nagpur||Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|Pune||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram|
|Varanasi||Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi|
IISER Exam Pattern 2021
The table below shows the exam pattern of the IISER Aptitude Test 2021 also known as IAT 2021. This aptitude test will be conducted for applicants who opt for SCB Channel.
|Test Duration||3 hours|
|Subjects||Consists of four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology|
All four subjects will carry equal weightage
|Total time duration||180 minutes (45 mins for each subject)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Questions asked in each subject||15|
|Total number of questions||60|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer|
|Exam Date||4th week of June 2021 (Tentative)|
IISER Admit Card 2021
The conducting authority will release IISER Admit Card 2021. Applicants appearing for IAT 2021 have to collect the admit card first. IISER 2021 Hall Ticket will be available in online mode. the candidate can download the admit card from the official website by logging in using their email id and password. The admit card will contain details of the candidate and instructions regarding the test. Aspirants are advised to check the details mentioned on the card carefully before downloading it. The admit card acts as identity proof for the candidate and it must be kept safe and secure until the admission process gets over.
IISER Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for IISER 2021 Aptitude Test for all four subjects is mentioned below. The candidate must prepare according to the given syllabus.
- Physics:- Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Properties of bulk matter, Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current.
- Mathematics:- Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sets, Relations and Functions, Trigonometric Functions, Sequences and Series, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Continuity and Differentiability, Integrals, Applications of integrals, Statistics, Probability, Matrices, Determinants, Differential equations, Vectors, Three-dimensional geometry.
- Chemistry:- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Some Basic Concept of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, The s-block Elements, The p-block Elements, The solid-state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life, Surface chemistry, The d- & f-block elements.
- Biology:- Structural organization in animals and plants, Diversity in the living world, Cell structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Biology and human welfare, Biotechnology and its application, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Ecology and environment.
Preparation of IISER Aptitude Test 2021
Candidates opting for the SCB channel must know how to crack the aptitude test of IISER 2021. In order to qualify the test, an applicant must also be aware of how to prepare for the test. Some resources which will help in preparation are listed below:
- Syllabus – The test is generally based on the NCERT syllabus of Class 11th and 12th
- Books – Candidates can prepare from NCERT books and also they can take help from reference books for practice purposes
- Preparation Strategy/Timetable – Applicants must create a timetable and follow it. This will help them to prepare in the best possible way
IISER Answer Key 2021
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research will release IISER answer key 2021 for the aptitude test. Using this answer key, applicants can calculate their probable score. The candidate needs to check their response against the question asked in the test. If the candidate’s response is correct, then he/she will be awarded 3 marks and if the response is wrong then 1 mark will be deducted. The calculation should be based on this marking scheme.
IISER Result 2021
Candidates are shortlisted for allotment of seats via KVPY and JEE channels through the result of IISER 2021. IISER Result 2021 for the aptitude test will be available online from the 1st week of July 2021.
Result for KVPY Channel: The KVPY result and cut-off will be made available in online mode. The cut-off will be made according to the minimum qualifying marks secured by aspirants.
Result for JEE Channel: The result for the JEE channel will be announced for the combined three subjects. The JEE Advanced rank will be based on the marks secured in JEE.
Aptitude Test Result: Applicants who have opted for the SCB channel can check their IAT 2021 result by logging in using their roll number and registration id. The result will be generated for candidates who will score minimum qualifying marks. Thus, those candidates will be offered admission to IISER.
IISER Merit List 2021
The admission authority will publish the IISER Merit List 2021. The merit list will be prepared based on the total number of available seats through all three channels. Seats will be allotted to only those candidates whose names will be listed on the IISER 2021 merit list. On the basis of selection of programme and institute, the candidate’s name will be mentioned on the merit list of IISER 2021.
IISER Cut-off 2021
The minimum qualifying score required by candidates for admission in the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research is known as IISER cut-off 2021. The cut-off for the previous year of all states is given below:
|Name of Board||Cut- off %||Name of Board||Cut- off %|
|Andhra Pradesh||95.4 %||Nagaland||66.5 %|
|Bihar||71.0 %||Punjab||80.7 %|
|Goa||83.3 %||Tamil Nadu||95.2 %|
|Haryana||86.3 %||Uttar Pradesh||74.2 %|
|Jammu Kashmir||84.4 %||West Bengal||78.9 %|
|Karnataka||87.5 %||ICSE||92.9 %|
|Madhya Pradesh||82.0 %||AMU Board||81.4 %|
|Manipur||77.6 %||NIOS||83.6 %|
|Mizoram||67.4 %||Viswa-Bharathi||83.1 %|
|Orissa||71.6 %||Telangana||97.3 %|
|Rajasthan||78.7 %||Assam||74.5 %|
|Tripura||68.2 %||Chhattisgarh||76.6 %|
|Uttarakhand||67.9 %||Kerala||93.3 %|
|CBSE||90.0 %||Maharashtra||77.9 %|
|Himachal Pradesh||79.7 %||–|
IISER Counselling 2021
The admission authority will organize IISER Counselling 2021 for the qualifying applicants of aptitude test who have opted for SCB channel. The counselling process will be conducted for all three channels separately. Also, the authority will publish seat allotment lists separately for all the channels. Participation in counselling of IISER 2021 is must for shortlisted aspirants who wish for admission in the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research.
IISER Seat Matrix 2021
There are approximately 1285 seats offered to candidates through IISER 2021. The IISER Seat Matrix 2021 is given below:
|S.No||Location of IISER Institutes||Seat Matrix|
IISER Participating Institutes 2021
There are a total of seven IISER Participating Institutes 2021. These institutes will offer seats to the shortlisted candidates. These institutes will also provide admission through KVYP, JEE Advanced 2021 and SCB. Applicants are advised to select participating institutes according to their convenience as seats will be allotted based on this selection during the counselling process. The seven IISER 2021 participating institutes are given below:
Address of Correspondence
Joint Admission Committee,
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune 411008,
Phone: +91 020 2590 8222 (10 AM to 3 PM on weekdays)