The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a leading institution that has opened its portals to students who want to pursue the four-year Bachelors of Science (BS) in Research at the undergraduate level. The programme was introduced in 2011 with the aim to blend core science and interdisciplinary concepts that will serve as attractive career opportunities. The application form for the admissions had been made available online on the official website from 1st February 2018. All the interested candidates had to fill the application form. Those candidates whose names appear on the merit list will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure.
A counselling session will be held for the selected candidates on June 29, 2018, at 9 am at the “UG administrative building” in the IISc campus
The counselling for IISc BS admissions 2018 will commence from 29th June 2018. The counselling will be held after the results of the qualifying exam on the basis of which the candidate is applying have been announced. A merit list will be released for candidates who have applied for the admission procedure. The merit list will be separate for JEE Main, JEE Advanced, KVPY, and NEET. All the candidates whose names appear on these merit list will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure.
The procedure of IISc BS counselling is given below:
- All the qualified candidates will be called for counselling at the Bangalore campus of IISc.
- The candidates will be required to carry the correct documents with them to the counselling venue for verification.
- After successful document verification, the candidate will be allotted seats in the Indian Institute of Science in the Bachelors of Science (Research) programme.
- After the allotment of seats, candidates will be required to submit the admission fees on the specified date and time.
The allotment of seats will take place keeping in mind the merit of the candidate, seats available and the category-based merit. Those who have qualified all the above-mentioned exams and fellowship programme will be listed in all the merit list. Candidates will then have to appear for documents verification and report to the institution to confirm their admission.
List of Documents to be brought for document verification:
- Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th .
- Passing certificate of class 10th and 12th .
- Admit Card of JEE Main 2017/ JEE Advanced 2017/ KVPY 2016/ NEET 2018
- Score Card of JEE Main 2017/ JEE Advanced 2017/ KVPY 2016/ NEET 2018
- Recent passport size color photograph
- Domicile Certificate
Depending on the performance of the candidates in national examinations such as KVPY, IITJEE (Main and Advanced), and NEET, students will be able to avail themselves of the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.
More information about the IISc 2018 Admission will be uploaded here as soon as it released on the official website of Indian Institute of Science.