Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) conducts the Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test or the HP CET. This is a state level examination conducted for all those candidates who want to seek admission in undergraduate and postgraduate courses like B. Tech, M. Tech, B. Pharmacy, M. Pharmacy, etc. These courses are offered at HPTU and other colleges affiliated to it. HP CET is conducted every year in offline mode, i.e. pen and paper mode.
Check Eligibility For HPCET Exam
All those who wish to take admission in the above-mentioned courses will be required to first fill the online application form of the test that is released on the official website. 50% of seats will be filled by the qualified candidates of HP CET while the rest 50% will be filled through those candidates who have applied through the JEE Main score. The university has started inviting applications for HP CET 2018 for B. Tech course from 8th March 2018. The application will close on 28th April 2018. The exam will be conducted on 13th May 2018. Only the eligible candidates will be able to take the HP CET 2018 exam details of which are given below.
|Availability of Application Form||8th March 2018|
|Last Date to submit the Application Form||28th April 2018|
|Issue of HP CET 2018 admit Card||1st week of May 2018|
|HP CET 2018 exam date||13th May 2018|
Before starting with the preparation of the exam, every candidate must make sure that they go through the exam pattern. The Exam pattern of HP CET 2018 will include information like the duration of the exam, the mode, the language of the question paper, number of questions, marking scheme, etc. After having a look at the exam pattern, the preparation for each and every candidate will become easier and will help him understand the pattern of the question paper easily. HP CET 2018 Exam pattern has been listed below:
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
- Mode – The exam will be held on 13th May 2018 in the offline mode i.e. in pen and paper based mode.
- Duration – HP CET 2018 will be conducted for 3 hours.
- Language – The question paper will be in the English language.
- Sections – There will be 3 sections namely physics, chemistry and Mathematics.
- The number of questions – HP CET 2018 question paper will have 150 questions, 50 from each section.
- Marking scheme – 2 marks will be rewarded for each correct answer and 1/4th marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
HP CET 2018 Syllabus
Along with the exam pattern, candidates must know the syllabus of the exam. The HP CET 2018 syllabus will include topics from physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Knowing the syllabus will help the candidate gather the correct study material and prepare for the examination.
The Physics, chemistry and Mathematics syllabus is given in the table below:
- Laws of Motion
- Physics and Measurement
- Motions Rotation
- Work, Energy and Power
- Theory of Gases Dynamics
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Power
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Current and Magnetic Effects of Magnetism
- Electronic Equipment
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Communication Systems
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Hands on Skills
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Redox Reactions and Electricity
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Surface Chemistry
- Periods of Properties and Classification of Elements
- Isolation of Principles and Methodology Metals
- S-Block Elements
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- P-Block Elements
- D-F Block Elements
- Refined and Depiction of Organic Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Some Basic Principle of Organic Chemistry
- Oxygen-Containing Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry of Everyday Life
- Nitrogen-Rich Organic Compounds
- Practical Chemistry-Related Related Principles
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equation
- Set Relations and Functions
- Sequences & Series
- Determinants of Matrices
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem and Its Common Applications
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Coordinate Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Vector Calculus
- Numerical Methods
- Linear Algebra
- Partial Differential Equations
- Complex Variables
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
HP CET 2018 Exam Centers
HP CET 2018 will be held in 16 cities. During the process of Application form filling, candidates will be required to fill the preferred choice of exam center to take the HP CET 2018. The exam center will be mentioned on the Admit card of the candidate.
The list of all the exam centers has been given below: