Himachal Pradesh Technical University has released the online application form of HP Common Entrance Test for the academic session of 2018-19. HP CET 2018 is a state level examination conducted for all those candidates who want to seek admission in undergraduate and postgraduate courses like B. Tech, M. Tech, B. Pharmacy, M. Pharmacy, etc. These courses are offered at HPTU and other colleges affiliated to it.
Check Eligibility For HPCET Exam
All those who wish to take admission in the above-mentioned courses will be required to first fill the online application form of the test that is released on the official website. HP CET is conducted every year in offline mode, i.e. pen and paper mode. 50% of seats will be filled by the qualified candidates of HP CET while the rest 50% will be filled by those candidates who have applied through the JEE Main score.
Important Dates Related to the HP CET Application Form
|Availability of Application Form||8th March 2018|
|Last Date to submit the Application Form||28th April 2018|
|HP CET 2018||13th May 2018|
The HP CET 2018 Application Form has been made available online from 8th March 2018. HP CET application form for B. Tech course has been released online and will be available until 28th April 2018. All candidates must carefully fill up the application form with the correct details. Applicants will be first required to register online and then fill the form with all required information. It is suggested that the information provided should be in accordance with the documents possessed by the candidate. Incomplete forms or forms with incorrect details will be rejected. Only one application form per candidate will be entertained. Candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature. The application form will be incomplete without the payment of the Application fees. Applicants belonging to the ST, SC, and BPL category will be required to pay Rs. 1400 and those belonging to the general category will be required to pay Rs. 1550. This amount has to be paid through either the offline mode (PNB Challan) or through online mode (credit, debit card, net banking). Candidates must fill and submit the application form correctly and only then will they be able to pay the above-mentioned fee.
Step by step procedure to fill the HP CET 2018 Application form
- Registration – Click on the registration link – http://apps.indiaresults.com/hp/hptu/hptu-hpcet-admission-2018/agree.aspx. Read all the given instructions carefully. Enter details like your name, username, password, date of birth, email-id and mobile number. Now create an account. An application number will be displayed on the screen and will also be sent to the email ID of the candidate. Candidates are required to note down the form number, and password for future reference.
- Filling up the Application form – Candidates will have to use the application number and password to log in and fill the application form. Applicant has to provide all the basic information like father’s name, mother’s name, aadhar card number, nationality, etc and academic details like qualifying exam result, etc. In this step, candidates will also be required to select the course and branch.
- Uploading of images – After step 2, candidates will be required click on “save and continue” and then have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature. The photograph has to be uploaded in jpg/jpeg format. The size of the photograph should be (3.5×4.5 cm) and maximum file size should be 50 Kb. The signature has to be uploaded in the same format but the file size should not be more than 30 Kb. After successfully uploading the images, a message will appear on the screen.
- Confirmation – Under the filled up application form, a confirmation button will appear on the screen. In case of a candidate wants to make any changes in the form, he/she will have to click on “Edit” button. The data filled by the candidate will appear in editable form except for the fields, programme applied for, category and subcategory. After this click on “update details”. And lastly on “Submit and Go For Payment”
- Payment of application Fee – In this step, the candidate will see the payment link. The amount to be paid has already been mentioned in this article before. Candidates will get two options to make fee payment: offline link to generate PNB challan and online fee payment link. If the candidates select the offline mode then PNB challan with a candidate copy, and university copy will be generated. The applicant then has to take a print out of the same and deposit the fee in the nearest PNB branch. If the candidates wish to pay online through credit, debit card or net banking, he/she will be required to enter the card details and click on “pay now” button.
After the whole procedure has been completed, the screen will display the whole form along with the declaration. Candidates need to take a print out of the same and get it signed by their parents or guardian and send it after scanning to the following e-mail ID [email protected]
Aspirants must remember not to make any changes in the application form after submission and provide incorrect information. As doing so will lead to rejection of the application.