Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) is the official authority which conducts the counselling for three years diploma programme in the colleges located in the state Haryana. No Entrance Test will be held for admission into the Diploma Course. The admission to the diploma programme will be given on the basis of inter-se-merit of the qualifying (Class 10) exam. Candidates can check this article to get detailed information about Haryana Polytechnic Admission for the academic session 2018-19.
- 1 Candidates who can apply for Polytechnic Admission 2018
- 2 Important Dates and Updates of Haryana Diploma Admission 2018
- 3 Courses Offered at Polytechnic Colleges of Haryana
- 4 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 Application Form
- 6 Admission in Special Quota seats in Diploma engg.
- 7 Cut-off Mark
- 8 Merit list of Haryana Polytechnic Admission 2018
- 9 Counselling and seat allotment process
- 10 Seat Reservation
- 11 Contact Details
Candidates who can apply for Polytechnic Admission 2018
The candidates belonging to the below-mentioned category can also apply for the diploma programme other than those who are living in the state Haryana
- Haryana Govt. School Toppers (HGST)
- Kashmiri Migrants (KM)
- Mewat Area Residents (MAR)
- Shivalik Development Board (SDB)
- Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Categories
Important Dates and Updates of Haryana Diploma Admission 2018
The Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) has released the schedule for Haryana Diploma Admission 2018 document verification. Candidates need select the designated centre, enter the valid user ID and password to get the document verification schedule. To get the Document verification schedule at various center – Click Here
The official counselling authority has released the dates of the important events related to the Haryana Polytechnic Admission 2018. The dates regarding the same have been provided in the below-given table
|S. No||Events||Dates (announced)|
|1.||Availability of information brochure||12 April 2018|
|2.||Online Registration Starts||7 May 2018|
|3.||Online Registration Closes on||14 June 2018|
|4.||Deposit of Application Fee via online mode (debit card/ credit card/ net banking)||7 May 2018 to 14 June 2018|
|5.||Offline mode of payment at any designated bank branch||8 May 2018 to 15 June 2018|
|6.||Reporting of candidate at the selected Designated Center for Verification & Confirmation of marks of Qualifying Examination and other details filled in Online Application Form||8 May 2018 to 15 June 2018|
|7.||Declaration of Inter-se-Merit/ Rank prepared on the basis of marks
obtained in Qualifying Examination
|20 June 2018 (After 5 PM)|
|8.||Deposit of Counseling Fee either Online or through E-challan at any designated bank branch||21 July 2018 onwards|
NOTE 1: Schedule of Counseling(s) may change, therefore, the candidates are advised to visit HSTES websites regularly. However, the final date of admissions is 15.08.2018 and Final date for institutes for online uploading of institute level admissions on HSTES portal is 16.08.2018 (15.08.2018 being holiday).
NOTE 2: After Submission of Online Application Form for the candidate is required to report at the selected Designated Center and get his/ her Online Filled Application Form Verified & Confirmed by the concerned Designated Center as Inter-se-Merit/ Rank of only the Verified & Confirmed Application Forms will be prepared.
Courses Offered at Polytechnic Colleges of Haryana
|S. No||Streams||S. No||Streams|
|1.||Agriculture Engineering||20.||Food Technology|
|2.||Aircraft Maintance Engineering||21.||Information Technology|
|3.||Architectural Assistantship||22.||Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|4.||Automobile Engineering||23.||Library & Information Science|
|5.||Ceramic Engineering||24.||Mechanical Engineering|
|6.||Chemical Engineering||25.||Mechanical Engineering (Automobile)|
|7.||Chemical Engineering (Pulp & Paper)||26.||Mechanical Engineering (CAD/ CAM)|
|8.||Civil Engineering||27.||Mechanical Engineering (Production)|
|9.||Computer Engineering||28.||Mechanical Engineering (Tool & Die)|
|10.||Diploma in Business Management||29.||Mechatronics Engineering|
|11.||Diploma in Hotel Management||30.||Medical Electronics|
|12.||Electrical Engineering||31.||Medical Laboratory Technology|
|13.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||32.||Office Management & Computer
|14.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||33.||Plastic Technology|
|15.||Electronics Engg.||34.||Production Engineering|
|16.||Fashion Design||35.||Textile Design|
|17.||Fashion Designing & Garment Technology||36.||Textile Processing|
|18.||Fashion Technology||37.||Textile Technology|
|19.||Finance Account & Auditing|
The admission into any of the diploma courses will be granted only if the applicant possesses the below-mentioned eligibility criteria. However, the interested candidate needs to fill up the application form to attend counselling. Aspirants must be aware of the eligibility criteria before going to attend counselling. To know the eligibility criteria, refer to the table given below:-
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Qualifying Examination||Candidate must passed the 10th Std/ SSC Examination.|
|2.||Qualifying marks||Candidate must otained at least 35% marks (33% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes category or Kashmiri Migrants Category) at the qualifying examination.
compulsory pass in Maths and Science subjects in the qualifying examination.
The interested candidate can apply for admission to the diploma course in online mode from 7 May 2018 to 14 June 2018. Before filling up the application form, the candidate must go through the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Step by step guide to apply is provided below
- Step 1:- Click on the given link.http://www.onlinetesthry.gov.in/ It will redirect to the official registration page.
- Step 2:- Read the instruction carefully and click on “Apply Now” option.
- Step 3:- Create a “login ID” and “password” by registering yourself.
- Step 4:- Fill in the application form by entering the personal details and academic qualification.
- Step 5:- Payment of application fee.
- Step 6:- Download the application form and take the printout of the same for future use.
The Candidates can pay the application fee in both offline and online mode according to their suitability. The amount to pay as application fee for various category is provided in the table below
|2.||For all Reserved Categories of Haryana||Rs.200|
|1.||For all categories||Rs.500|
NOTE: The Application Fee shall be deposited by the candidate either Online (Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking) or through E-challan (generated while filling-up of Online Application Form) in any branch of the following Designated Banks:
- Axis Bank
- Punjab National Bank
Admission in Special Quota seats in Diploma engg.
Admissions in following Categories/ Special Quota Seats in Diploma Engg. shall also be made on the basis of merit of Secondary (class 10) School Examination (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination through online off-campus Counselling. To know the seat reserved and document to be produced in support of claiming category, read below
- Haryana Govt. School Toppers (HGST) Seats
- Kashmiri Migrants (KM) Quota
- Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme
- Mewat Area Residents (MAR) Quota
- Shivalik Development Board (SDB) Quota
Selection procedure of Admissions: Admission in Diploma Engg. Course shall be made on the basis of merit of Secondary School Examination (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination. Inter-se-Merit/ Rank of Qualifying Examination: Each eligible candidate who has submitted and got his/ her Online Application Form Verified & Confirmed by the selected Designated Center upto the last date of Verification & Confirmation of Online Application Form for admission to Diploma Engg. will be assigned Inter-se-Merit/ Rank based on the following criterion:
- Percentage of Aggregate Marks obtained at Secondary School Examination – SSC (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination shall be the basis for the purpose of determining the Interse-Merit.
- Rounding off of the marks secured by the candidate will be done upto four decimal places in individual subject and grand total while converting marks of the individual subject out of 100 and calculating percentage of Aggregate Marks.
- For calculating the percentage of subject wise and Aggregate Marks, the marks of individual subject and grand total is given by the respective School Board will be considered. In case, subject wise and Aggregate Marks are not mentioned by the concerned Board then GPA and CGPA awarded by the Board will be considered for calculating the percentage of subject wise and aggregate Marks according to the Conversion Factor mentioned in Mark Sheet. If the Conversion Factor is not mentioned in Mark Sheet, the candidate shall submit proof of subject wise and Aggregate Marks issued by the concerned Board upto the last date prescribed for the Verification/ Confirmation of Online Filled Application Form.
- In case, where the aggregate marks or the CGPA is not mentioned by the concerned Board in the DMC of Qualifying Examination (Matriculation), then total marks of all the subjects should be considered for calculating the percentage of aggregate marks of Qualifying Examination.
- In case, Mark Sheet issued by any School Education Board is in a Language other than English and Hindi, the candidate shall submit the copy of the transcript of Mark Sheet issued by the concerned Board in English or Hindi.
Tie- Breaking Criteria: In case of a tie i.e. when two or more candidates obtain equal Aggregate Marks at SSC (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination, then the official authority will follow a certain tie-break rule to break the tie.
A definite cut-off shall be determined by the official authority based on certain factors. The cut-off marks for the reserved category candidate will be less than that of general category. The candidates who have applied for the admission must match the cut-offs determined by the official authority. The candidates who clear the cut-off mark will be eligible to attend the counselling. Some of the factors for calculating the cut-off are mentioned below
- Number of candidates applied
- Seat Intake in a particular college
- Stream opted by the applicants
- Number of reserved and general category candidates applied
Merit list of Haryana Polytechnic Admission 2018
The official counselling authority will publish the merit list on the basis of marks obtained in qualifying examination on 20 June 2018. Candidate can check the inter se merit list here. Merit list will be uploaded here when it gets released. The candidates who clear the cut-off mark, only name of those candidates will appear in the merit list.
Counselling and seat allotment process
The shortlisted candidates will be allotted seats based on the merit and stream opted by the candidates. The shortlisted candidates should report to the counselling venue for document verification. The candidate who failed to do so will be debarred from the admission to the institute and his/her seat will be allotted to the next deserving candidate.
Document to be produced at the counselling venue for verification
- Class 10 Marks mark sheet and certificates.
- One recent passport size photograph
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Valid ID proof (Aadhar Card / Aadhar Enrolment Receipt).
- Caste certificate (if applicable) in prescribed format (provided in the brochure).
- Printout of Application Form 2018
- Caste/ Tribe Certificate from Competent Authority (if applicable)
- Residence Certificate
The Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) reserves a definite number of seats for the candidates belonging to special categories such as Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Person with Disability etc.
Candidates have to mention their reservation category while filling the application form of Polytechnic Counselling 2018. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of reserved seats.
Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES)
Address: Bays No. 7-12, Sector4, Panchkula
Email ID: [email protected]
Toll-free no: 1800 420 2026