Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The GPAT 2018 was conducted on 21st January 2018.
The test is the criteria for the selection of suitable candidates into Master’s programme of Pharmacy in institutes across India. The GPAT was three-hour computer based online test which was conducted in a single session. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score.
The GPAT 2018 Exam Score will be valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of the result for admission in PG programme.
The GPAT Result was announced on 15th February 2018 on the official website after 1700hrs.
- 1 Important Dates For GPAT 2018 For M.Pharma
- 2 Eligibility Criteria For GPAT 2018 M.Pharma
- 3 Application Form For GPAT 2018 For M.Pharma
- 4 GPAT 2018 Registration Process
- 5 Syllabus For GPAT 2018 For Admissions To M.Pharm Programme
- 6 Admit Card For GPAT 2018
- 7 Result And Score Card For GPAT 2018
- 8 Counselling And Admission For GPAT 2018
Important Dates For GPAT 2018 For M.Pharma
|Registration start date||20th October 2017|
|Registration end date||18th December 2017 (10:00 am)|
|Admit card download||12th January 2018(Available Now)|
|Exam date||21st January 2018|
|Result declaration||15th February 2018|
|Print out of score Card||15th February 2018|
Eligibility Criteria For GPAT 2018 M.Pharma
In order to apply for the GPAT 2018, the candidates were required to meet the following eligibility conditions. In case they were not met, the candidature of the student was cancelled. Please check the minimum eligibility criteria below.
The GPAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria for GPAT 2018 are
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- They must be Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates)
- Those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are also eligible for appearing in GPAT exam.
Application Form For GPAT 2018 For M.Pharma
The Online Registration Form for Submitting the Application for GPAT 2018 started on 20th October 2017 and had to last until 18th December 2017 (10:00 am).
Prerequisites for the GPAT 2018
- All your qualification details as you needed to enter them while registering for GPAT exam.
- Scanned photograph taken on a white background.
- Scanned clear signature done on a white background.
- A Valid e-mail id which you were to use at least for the next 6 months. All communication was to be done on this e-mail id which you will be entering while registering for GPAT exam.
- A Valid mobile number as all information via SMS was to be sent to this number.
- A valid Credit / Debit card in case you preferred to pay ONLINE.
- A Printer connected to your system as you will have to PRINT 3 copies of CHALLAN in case you are planning to pay by CASH at the bank.
GPAT 2018 Registration Process
- Click on the “New Registration” option under the Registration Info Tab on the GPAT website.
- Registration page must have appeared where you had to fill in the following information:
- Bachelor’s degree Status in Pharmacy (Final year or Completed)
- Candidates’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Category (General/OBC/SC/ST)
- Gender (Male/Female/Transgender)
- Physical Disability (YES/NO)
- Email Id
- Aadhar Number
- Mobile Number
- Password recovery question and its answer
- Preferred centre for online test (3 options)
- Characters given in the Verification Image
- Click on the SUBMIT button after filling in the details. You were directed to a Page saying “Thank you for successfully registering to AICTE GPAT 2017 exam”
- A 6 digit password was generated which had to be your Login password in future and your E-mail Id had to be your Login ID.
Payment Of Application Fee
After Registering yourself, you had to pay the application fee to proceed further.
The application fee was as follows:
The application fee was to be paid in two ways:
- Online Payment:
Online payment was to be made using Net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card. The required credentials were to be mentioned correctly on the payment gateway.
- Cash payment in SBI bank:
Once you select this option and proceed, CHALLAN appeared on your screen with your details already filled in it.
Take 3 Print outs of this challan, fill in the details wherever required in all the copies, and walk in to your nearest SBI bank branch with CASH.
Cash Deposit was to be accepted only from the next day of your Challan generation.
On successful payment of the amount, you were to be notified through your registered E-mail and Phone number.
Filling The Remaining Details
- The remaining part of the form had to be completed after you were done with the payment.
- Once you had filled the complete form, it was suggested that you check the complete data entered once again by clicking on VIEW/MODIFY button.
- Clicking on VIEW/MODIFY button allowed you to modify your data in case you wanted to modify.
- Once you were sure that all the data entered was accurate, you had to accept a declaration and click on I AGREE. The system was to ask you to re-confirm before SUBMIT.
- Once you confirm, your form got SUBMITTED and no change in the data was possible after this SUBMIT.
- A message displayed on your screen stating “Thank you for successfully registering for the AICTE GPAT 2018 exam. Please login from 5th January, 2018 onwards to download your exam ADMIT CARD.”
- You had to keep a printout a copy of your filled form for future reference.
Syllabus For GPAT 2018 For Admissions To M.Pharm Programme
The questions in the Entrance test was asked from the following topics:
|Physical Chemistry||Composition & Physical states of matter |
|Physical Pharmacy||Matter, properties of matter |
Micromeritics and powder rheology
Surface and interfacial phenomenon
Viscosity and rheology
|Organic Chemistry||General Principles |
Different classes of compounds
Protection and deprotection of groups
Aromaticity & chemistry of aromatic compounds
Diff. Aromatic classes of compounds
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
Kinetic & thermodynamic control
amino acids and proteins
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Pharmaceutical impuities |
dentifrices,desensitizing agents & anticaries agent
Therapeutic classes of drugs
Various classes of therapeutic agents
different classes of therapeutic drugs
|Pharmaceutics||Pharmacy profession & Introduction to pharmaceuticals |
Introduction to dosage form
sources of drug information
Allopathic dosage form
Dosage form znecessities and additives
Parenterals- products requiring sterile packaging
Stability of formulated products
Prolonged Action Pharmaceuticals
Novel Drug delivery system
GMP and validation
Pilot plant scale-up techniques
|Pharmacology||General pharmacology |
Nerohumoral transmission in automatic and CNS
Pharmacology of CNS
Pharmacology of cardiovascular system
drugs acting on urinary system
Drugs acting on Respiratory system
Pharmacology of endocrine system
Autocoids and their Antagonists
Pharmacology and gastrointestinal system
Vitamins and Minerals
Principles of toxicology
|Pharmacognosy||Introductory Pharmacognosy |
Classification of crude drugs
Factors influencing quality of crude drugs
Techniques of microscopy
Introduction to phytoconstituents
Principles of plant classification
Natural pesticides and insecticides
Adulteration and evaluation of crude drugs
Carbohydrates and lipids
Extraction and isolation techniques
Quality control and standardization
Worldwide trade of crude drugs
Traditional herbal drugs
Plants based industries and research intitutes
Ayurvedic system of medicine
Homeopathic system of medicine
|Pharmaceutical Analysis||Importance of quality control in pharmacy |
Miscellaneous methods of analysis
General principles of spectroscopy
UV visible spectroscopy
Flame photometry & AAS
Proton nuclearmagnetic resonance spectrometry
nephelometry and turbidimetry
biological oxidation and reduction
|Biotechnology||Plant cell and tissue culture |
Animal cell culture
fermentation tech and industries
Recombinant DNA technology
Process and applications
Biotech derived products
Microscopy and staining technique
Biology of microorganisms
Fungi and viruses
Sterilisation and Disinfection
Vaccines & sera
|Pathophysiology||Basic principles of cell injury and adaptation |
basic mechanisms of inflammation and repair
disorders of fluid, electrolyte and acid-base reaction
disorders of homeostasis
Immunopathology including amyloidosis
Pathophysiology of common diseases
Lab tests for liver function and kidney tests
|Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics||Bio-pharmaceutics |
Bio-availability and bio-equivalence
|Clinical Pharmacy and Therapautics|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||Cell physiology |
Autonomic nervous system
Central nervous system
|Pharmaceutical Engineering||Fluid flow |
size reduction and size separation
Filtration and centrifugation
Dehumidification & humidity control
Refrigeration and air conditioning
Material of constructions
Automated process control systems
Industrial hazards & safety precautions
|Pharmaceutical management||Introduction to management |
Planning and forecasting
Leadership and motivation
WTO and TRIPS
Standard institutions and regulatory bodies
|Dispensary and Hospital Pharmacy|
Admit Card For GPAT 2018
Admit card was available to be downloaded online from the official website from 12th January onwards.
The admit card contained the photo, name and signature of the candidate, GPAT Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.
It was mandatory for the candidate to bring their admit card on the day of the online entrance test.
Result And Score Card For GPAT 2018
The result was expected to be available on the website by 14th February and the candidates who appeared for the test were to download the scorecard.
The scorecard contained all the details of the candidate and should be used for admission into AICTE approved institutions.
The qualifying marks in the test for different categories were:
|General and OBC||113|
A revised national merit ranking list was made based on the Score of the qualifying candidates.
In case more than one candidate had secured the same score then the same rank was to be assigned to all of them but their names were to be displayed alphabetically in the merit list.
Counselling And Admission For GPAT 2018
All the students who had qualified the entrance test and have got a ranking in the merit list were eligible to go for the counselling procedure. The candidates must have fulfilled the maximum eligibility criteria and allotment of seats and institutions was solely depended upon the score and ranking in the entrance examination.
Based on the GPAT 2018 rank/score, students were to apply in participating institutions for admission to the Post Graduate Pharmacy programmes. The Admission process had to be accomplished through a centralized counselling programme.
However, if centralized counselling did not happen, the candidates had to directly apply to the AICTE approved institutes/University departments/constituent colleges/affiliated colleges. The merit list was to be forwarded by AICTE to the participating instutions.
The counselling is likely to happen in the month of MAY 2018
The counselling for GPAT 2018 included the following steps:
- Check the rank wise counselling dates which were available on the official website.
- Arrive at the designated venue on the assigned date and time with all your original documents.
- Get the documents verified by the authorised person at the venue.
Web Options Entry
- Log on to and click on the web options entry portal.
- Select all the institutes of your choice from the list that appears. It was advised to select a maximum number of institutions to increase the chances of getting a seat.
- Lock your selected choices. Choices were not be changed hereafter.
- Take a printout of the locked choices for future reference.
Allotment Of Seats
- Seats had to be alloted from the choices filled by the candidates owing to the availability and rank scored in the entrance exam.
Reporting At The Alloted Institute
- Report at the alloted institute along with your required certificates.
- Pay the admission as per the norms of the college and confirm your seat.
- List Of Documents To Be Submitted At The Time Of Counselling Of GPAT 2018:
- GPAT 2017 Score Card
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- 10th Class Mark Sheet
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet (all years)
- Provisional Degree Certificate
- Category Certificate (if any)
- Latest passport size color photograph.
- Participating Institutes In The GPAT 2018
The following is a list of the TOP 10 AICTE approved institutions that accepted GPAT 2018 scores
GPAT 2018 participating institutes
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
Department of Pharmaceutics, IIT BHU, Varanasi
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam
NOTE: There are many more universities across India that accept GPAT scores. This is a list of the ones that are most sought after.