|Application Open for MAHE Entrance Test (Manipal Univ)||Apply Now!!|
Faculty of Law, Delhi University offers the LLB programme which is one of the most sought-after programmes. Faculty of Law is one of the most reputed faculties of DU. The selection of candidates for the LLB course is done through an entrance examination. As the number of candidates seeking admission grew, with the view to accommodating the candidates, DU Faculty of Law now has three centres: Law Centre I, Law Centre II and Campus Law Centre.
The LLB course is of a duration of 3 years and the candidates are selected solely on the basis of their scores in the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria, the procedure to apply, exam pattern, admit card, Results and Admission procedure are discussed in this page.
- 1 Important Dates for DU LLB Entrance Examination 2019
- 2 Application Procedure for DU LLB Entrance Examination
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for DU LLB programme
- 4 Availability of seats
- 5 Admit Card for DU LLB Entrance Examination 2019
- 6 Answer Keys of DU LLB Entrance Exam 2019
- 7 Results of DU LLB Entrance Exam
- 8 Counselling of DU LLB 2019
Important Dates for DU LLB Entrance Examination 2019
Go through the tentative dates mentioned in the table below for getting a timeline of DU LLB Entrance examination 2019:
|Beginning of Online Application||May 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||June 2019|
|Date of Release of Admit Card||June 2019|
|Date of Entrance Examination||June 2019|
|The release of Answer Keys||July 2019|
|Result Declaration||July 2019|
Application Procedure for DU LLB Entrance Examination
The candidates will have to fill the application form for DU LLB online. No offline mode will be available for applying. Before applying, candidates must ensure that they are eligible for the course. The various steps involved in the application procedure are outlined below:
Registration at PG Admission Portal with your Email & Mobile number
Candidates must visit the PG Admission portal of DU. The following details will have to be provided for registration:
- Mobile number
- Candidate’s Name (First/Middle/Last)
- Date of Birth
- Mother/Father/Guardian’s name
- University Last Attended
After registration, candidates shall receive a confirmation mail through their registered Email ID.
Upload scanned documents
Candidates must upload the following scanned documents and in the size and formats given below:
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG/PNG||100×130 px||50 kb|
|Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter’s Identity Card, Passport, College Identity Card)||JPG/JPEG/PNG||—||50 kb|
|Date of Birth Proof||JPG/JPEG/PNG||—||100 kb|
|Caste Certificate||JPG/JPEG/PNG||—||100 kb|
Fill the Application Form
While filling the application form, the following details should be furnished:
- Address: Enter your correspondence and permanent addresses.
- Educational Qualification: Enter all the details related to your educational qualification such as the university/board last attended, percentage of marks in the qualifying exam, Subjects taken, Year of Passing etc.
- Course/Programme selection: Under this section select LLB course. You shall have to select your preferred examination centres.
- Refund of fee: Enter your bank details for a refund of fee if the need arises.
- Declaration: You shall have to declare that all the statements made and documents uploaded are true from belief. If any information is found to be incorrect, your candidature is liable to be cancelled and may be subject to legal/disciplinary proceedings.
- Preview your form: Here you shall be able to view all the details you have entered. You can also modify your entries. Click on “Pay fee” if all the details are correct.
Payment of Application Fees
You shall have to pay the application fees using Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking. The application fees for different categories are as follows:
Eligibility Criteria for DU LLB programme
The eligibility conditions for DU LLB course are given below
The candidate must be a Graduate or a Post graduate in any stream from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University considered as equivalent by the University of Delhi.
The candidates must have scored the following marks at least, according to their categories, in the qualifying examination:
|widows/wards of ex-servicemen/serving personnel (CW) & Physically Handicapped (PH)||45%|
Availability of seats
The category wise availability of seats for the DU LLB programme is shown below. The acceptance of candidates into the programme shall be based on the interview only and merit in the qualifying examination shall not be the criteria for admission.
Admit Card for DU LLB Entrance Examination 2019
Admit cards will be released and available for download. It will be issued in the name of only those candidates who have submitted the application form online. The admit card must be downloaded online and no offline mode for accessing the admit card shall be available.
The admit card can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the PG Admission Portal of DU at www.du.ac.in
- Login to your registered portal using your Email ID and Password.
- On your portal, you shall see the link “Download Admit Card”
- Clic on the link to download your admit card.
- Take a printout and keep it safe.
The candidates shall be informed about the allotted examination centre through the admit card. The admit card must be brought to the examination centre on the day of the exam accompanied by a photo ID proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN card, Voter’s ID card, Passport, Driving License etc.
Exam Pattern and syllabus
The entrance exam shall be the sole criteria for selecting candidates for admission. The exam shall be objective type in nature.
The following points highlight the important aspects of the DU LLB Entrance Examination:
- Exam Mode: Pen and Paper
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: English
- Type of Questions: Objective type
- Total MCQs: 175
- Total Marks: 700
- Marking: 4 marks for each correct answer
- Negative Marks: 1 mark for every wrong answer
The different topics from which questions shall be asked and the number of questions to be expected from each topic are shown below:
|S.No.||Topics||No. of MCQs||Marks|
|2.||General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35||140|
|3.||Legal Awareness and Aptitude||35||140|
|4.||English Language and Comprehension||35||140|
Answer Keys of DU LLB Entrance Exam 2019
DU shall release answer keys of the entrance examination after a week of the date of the examination. The answer keys shall contain the correct answer to the questions according to the different sets of question papers. Candidates can download the answer keys of the set they received in the examination and compare their answer. This will help them estimate their score in the examination.
The answer keys can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the official DU website www.du.ac.in.
- Under the admissions section, select the PG Admissions portal.
- Under the notifications on the PG Admissions portal, Click on the Link “Answer Keys of LLB entrance exam”
- Select your set of question paper to download the answer keys.
- Open the pdf file to view the answers.
In case there is any objection regarding the answer keys, candidates must contact the Nodal officer for DU LLB as soon as possible.
Results of DU LLB Entrance Exam
The Results of DU LLB shall be available on the Admission Portal of DU. The results will be released in a pdf format containing the names of the candidates who appeared in the examination Roll number wise. It shall display the Score, Category Rank and combined Rank of the Candidates.
To view the results, you shall have to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of DU www.du.ac.in
- Click on the link “PG Admissions”
- Under Archives, click on the link “PG Admissions(Entrance Results, Notices and Answer Keys)”
- Click on the link “LLB Entrance Results”
- On the pdf list that appears, look for your Roll number and name to know your score and rank.
Counselling of DU LLB 2019
The counselling for DU LLB shall be conducted for proper allotment of seats to deserving candidates. DU shall release the counselling schedule for LLB according to the ranks of the candidates in the entrance examination. Candidates shall have to visit the venue on the appointed date and time and complete the counselling procedure.
The counselling procedure shall include the following activities:
- Candidates must login to their account on the PG Admission Portal and register themselves for the counselling procedure. They shall have to enter their rank, score, preferred centre of study etc.
- DU shall release the rank wise counselling schedule. According to their ranks in the Merit list of the entrance exam, they shall have to visit the venue of counselling.
- Counselling shall take place according to the categories of the candidates.
- At the venue of counselling, candidates must get their documents verified to ensure they are eligible.
- They must then pay the admission fees within the given time and confirm their seat.
The following documents must be carried during the time of counselling:
|S.No.||Important Documents for DU LLB Counselling|
|1||DU LLB Admit Card|
|2||Downloaded Original DU LLB Application Form|
|3||Downloaded Admission Form of Faculty of Law|
|4||DU LLB Rank Card/Merit List|
|5||5 Passport Size Photographs|
|6||Age Certificate (High School/Matriculation)|
|7||Class 12 Passing Certificate|
|9||Graduation Certificate/Migration Certificate|
|10||Character Certificate (not older than 6 months on date of admission)|
|11||College Leaving Certificate|
|12||Cast Certificate (If required)|
|13||PwD Certificate (if required)|
|14||Downloaded Anti-Ragging Undertaking|
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have anything to ask. We look forward to your feedbacks as well.