Event Management has given a new vision towards the important events of our lives. It is a newly discovered career where you get almost everything that one desire in their job, good money, travelling, meeting people, organizing parties and events with all form of innovative ideas, you get everything in this job. The events that are organized can be as small as a birthday or as important as a wedding or presidential inauguration.
Event management is perfect for those who can’t survive the 9 to 5 job. This work does require passion and dedication though as every basic detail of the even has to go through the organizing party. Event planners have to be well trained in managing catering, decoration, venue, transportation, dress codes etc. For those who are searching something challenging and looking for a variety of roles can explore this option very much prevalent in today’s time.
There is a number of options under Event Management to be pursued by the interested individuals. From being a freelancer to being a part of an event management firm career opportunities are endless. The good part is that there is no defined or specialized area of work in this career. If one is passionate about organizing parties and have the required managerial skills, with right choices you can excel in this field. Have a look at few of the career opportunities presented below.
Public Relations Firm: Many PR Firms hires event planners for the regional organization of the events for the clients. The event may not be the lavish one but definitely requires the intricate details of every management which has to be supervised by the event planner.
Freelancer: This is an option which is mostly adopted by the individuals. Being a freelancer or opening their own company is preferred today. The idea is to work as per their schedule and preference and taking projects as desired.
Event Management Companies: Event Planners can also go for Event Management companies where they are hired for certain projects. It can also turn into a permanent dealing depending on the suitability of both the parties.
Non-Profit Organisations: NPO’s also hire event planners for the events that they organize. The detailing of the event can vary from being meeting or conferences to the event for the cause that the NPO support.
Professional Bodies: Event planners are hired by the professional bodies too for the regular events for their clients or for the official gatherings. These jobs keep appearing at the regular interval of time providing plenty of opportunities to the individuals.
Leading Institutes for pursuing Event Management:
With the rising demand and preference, many institutes have started offering Event Management as a diploma course. Candidates looking for this career can check the names of the institutes offering this course.
Institutes offering Event Management In India:
|National Institute of Event Management, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Odisha, Tamil Nadu|| |
|International Institute of Event Management, Mumbai|| |
|Impact Institute of Event Management, Delhi|| |
|National Academy of Event Management and Development, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mumbai|| |
|College of Events and Media, Pune|| |
Institutes offering Event Management Outside India:
|Blue Mountain International Hotel Management School, Australia||International Event Management Degree (Course Duration- 2.5 years)|
|William Angliss Institute, Melbourne, Australia|| |
|Swiss Hotel Management School, Switzerland||Bachelor in Hospitality and/or Event Management (Honours)|
How to Pursue:
- Candidates interested in pursuing Event Managment can go for a Diploma in Event Management for 1-2 years right after passing their 12th exam from any stream. One can also pursue PG Diploma Course for 1-2 years.
- After clearing class 12th exam from any stream, candidates can pursue graduation degree from any field for 3 years and after that can go for PG Diploma Course/MBA/MA-PR for 1-2 years.
- Planning and Organizing events such as meetings, parties, large gatherings, weddings etc.
- Giving the best to the event and ensuring quality to the clients.
- Communicating effectively with the all the members involved in a good network.
- Making arrangements as per the demand of the client for any kind of the event.
- Involving client and discussing and negotiating with them before implementing any plan.
- Organize and manage work with different vendors, suppliers or stakeholders.
- Since the budget is defined, the event planner must have the capability and managerial skills of making the best out of that limited budget.
- Taking charge of the entire event.