COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. The Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association which is also known as KUPEC has entrusted COMEDK with the task of conducting a single entrance examination for students seeking admission in their member institutes. Therefore COMEDK as an association conducts the state-level entrance examination for undergraduate engineering programmes offered in various colleges of Karnataka.
Check Eligibility For COMEDK Exam
COMEDK has recently released the UGET 2018 calendar and announced that UGET 2018 for engineering courses will be held on Sunday 13th May 2018 across many cities in India. COMEDK scores are accepted by more than 150 engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka. The BE course that engineering aspirant opts for is for a duration of 4 years. The Application for COMEDK UGET 2018 are still going on. Candidates must apply before the last date.
There are certain parameters laid down by COMEDK that the candidates need to satisfy in order to be eligible to take the exam. The eligibility criteria along with the date of COMEDK UGET 2018 for engineering and architecture courses has recently been announced on the official website www.comedk.org. The eligibility criteria are given below:
For Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech)
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination or equivalent recognized by state/central government.
- Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates belonging to the General category should have obtained at least 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics individually. Candidates belonging to the reserved category of SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka state have been given a relaxation of 5%. The minimum marks these reserved category students should have obtained is 40% in each of the subjects mentioned above.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with chemistry/ biology/ biotechnology/ or any technical vocational course as optional subject
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply.
To know more about COMEDK 2018 Application Form- click here
For Architecture (B. Arch)
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination or a 10+3 Diploma or equivalent examination recognized by state/central government.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 with mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.
- It is a must for the candidates to have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of the total 200 for both unreserved and reserved category.
- The candidates belonging to the General category should have obtained at least 50% marks. Candidates belonging to the reserved category of SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka state have been given a relaxation of 5%. The minimum marks they should have obtained is 45%.
Please note that there is no entrance examination for candidates taking up the B. Arch course. Candidates will have to submit a separate application for B. Arch counselling.
Not being able to satisfy the eligibility criteria will debar the candidate from taking the exam. Any changes that will be made to the eligibility criteria will be adopted before the beginning of the rank generation process. There will be no alterations to any of the prescribed eligibility criteria.