Cachar College Selection List 2020: Cachar College, Silchar was established in 1960. It is a premier institute of higher learning in south Assam. Cachar College is one of the finest institutions for higher studies in the north-eastern part of India. It is located in the picturesque town of Silchar, Assam. The Cachar college offers both higher secondary and undergraduate courses in Arts, Science, and Commerce. It is affiliated with Assam University and the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council and also supported by the Government of Assam. In order to study in this College, candidates must fill the application form. For more information, keep on reading this article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Cachar College Selection List 2020
The candidates applying for admission to Cachar College must keep themselves up-to-date with the latest release of the Selection list on the official website of the college. It is important that the candidate must apply for admission to the course by filling up the Application Form & submit it before the due date. The availability of the Merit list as per on the date in the admission schedule of Cachar College 2020. Only the candidates who successfully submit the Application Form will be able to go through the selection list. The College will not conduct any entrance examination for the admission. Candidates will get admission on the basis of their marks in the previous qualifying examination.
Once the Merit list available on the official website of the college, the applicant must go through it in detail. The Merit List will provide the details which will be important for the candidates. The Merit List will have mention the name of the candidate, Application Number, Course Name, Marks of the candidate in the qualifying examination, rank of the candidate in the Merit List. In case, if the applicant finds any incorrect information, the candidate must contact the admission authorities immediately. The applicant will have to get the multiple photocopies of the Merit List on the day of the counselling. The seat allotment and the final admission is through the counselling procedure.
Cachar College Admission 2020
The admission process will be done on the basis of the selection list. If the candidate’s name is present in the selection list, they would become eligible for admission. Candidates whose name is present in the Cachar College Selection list can follow the steps below:
- Applications for admission to Cachar College can be submitted online @ www.cacharcollege.ac.in.
- Candidates need to log in to the admission portal, fill up the details asked for and submit the form online.
- Candidates must pay a fee of INR 200 for the application form through net banking/ debit card/ credit card/cash cards/ online wallets.
- To be eligible to apply for UG courses, the candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with relevant subjects.
- Admissions to undergraduate programs are merit-based.
Also, read about Memari college Merit List 2020.
Cachar College BA, B.Sc. and B.Com Admission 2020
Cachar College Silchar offers UG courses in Arts, Commerce, and Science. Undergraduate applicants need to successfully clear 10+2 examination to be eligible to apply for admission to any UG program. Candidates are given admission purely on the basis of their 10+2 marks (as applicable). The qualifying candidates must appear before an Admission Committee for document verification and counselling. The names of qualifying candidates will be on the college website. Qualifying candidates have to make the fee payment for admission on the scheduled date.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B.A||English||Pass marks in 12th examination with relevant subjects from a recognized higher secondary board.||10th/ 10+2 Marks, evaluation by Admission Committee.|
|B. Com||Business Management|
|Accountancy and Taxation|
Document Verification for Cachar College Admission
- Print out of application form signed by the applicant and parent/guardian of the applicant.
- System generated fee receipt as proof of payment.
- Cachar College enrolment card (applicable for candidates who have passed HS from Cachar College).
- 2 recent passport size photographs with application number written on the reverse side.
- Original and self-attested photocopies of HSLC examination admit card as age proof document.
- Original and self-attested photocopies of HSLC and/or HS mark sheets and pass certificates.
- Character certificate.
- Parent income certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Differently Abled person certificate.
- Gap period certificate.
- Migration and Transfer certificate.
- Document/ certificate for sports quota/ NCC/ Scouts and Guides.
- AHSEC/AUS registration card for re-admission.
- 3 stamp size photographs.
Important Points Regarding Cachar College
- The selection list will release on the official website of Cachar College.
- Maximum student intake in HS for each of the 3 streams (Arts, Commerce and Science) is 300.
- The maximum student intake for B. Sc and B. Com courses is 300 while for B.A it is 350.
- The fee amount for HS first year is Rs. 3,325 for male students and Rs. 2, 785 for female students.
- Fee amount for TDC 1st semester is Rs. 3,795 for Arts and Commerce Honours and Rs. 4, 525 for Science Honours.
- Students who have cleared HSLC/HS examination from boards other than SEBA must pay an additional amount of Rs. 500 along with the regular fee for each course.