The All India Common Entrance Test (CET) for the admission to various engineering courses will be conducted by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune. Interested and eligible candidates can apply by filling the Application Form available on the official website of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University (BVP) i.e. bvuniversity.edu.in. The BVP CET 2018 Engineering Exam will be held for the candidates to take admission into various engineering courses. On the basis of the merit list from the entrance exam, candidates will be given admission to College of Engineering, Pune.
Interested candidates who are willing to appear for the BVP CET 2018 Engineering Entrance must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria specified by the University. Candidates will have to go through the various stages of admission process such as filling of application form, downloading the admit card, appearing for the entrance exam, attending the counselling procedure/seat allotment etc.
- 1 Important Dates Regarding BVP CET 2018
- 2 Eligibility Criteria FOr BVP CET 2018
- 3 BVP CET 2018 Application Form
- 4 BVP CET 2018 Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
- 5 Exam Syllabus For BVP CET 2018
- 6 BVP CET 2018 Exam Centers
- 7 BVP CET 2018 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
- 8 BVP CET 2018 Result
- 9 BVP CET 2018 Counselling Procedure
Important Dates Regarding BVP CET 2018
The exam conducting body of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University has released the official brochure of BVP CET B.Tech Entrance Exam 2018. The important dates related to Application Form, result declaration, admit card, counselling procedure has been provided in the brochure available on the official website. The Applicants can go through the schedule of BVP CET Engineering exam mentioned in the table below:
|Commencement of Application Form||9th January 2018|
|Last Date for the receipt of Application Form|| |
21st May 2018
|Issue of Admit Card|| |
3rd week of May 2018
|Date and Time of CET Engineering Exam|| |
27th May 2018
|Declaration of Result||04th June 2018 (After 5.00 pm)|
|Counselling Procedure||18th June to 27th June 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||04th July 2018|
Eligibility Criteria FOr BVP CET 2018
The Applicants must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria before filling out the BVP CET 2018 Application Form for Engineering Entrance Form. In the case where a candidate fails to meet the eligibility conditions, his/her application will be liable for rejection. The eligibility criteria for the interested candidates are as follows:
- Candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (HSC) or the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE) or any other examination equivalent to 10+2 or HSC examination of any recognized Board/University from any school/colleges in India.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational Subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in the case of Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribes categories and Persons with disabilities) in the above subjects taken together.
- Passed a diploma in Engineering and Technology from AICTE approved institution and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in the case of Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribes categories and Persons with disabilities).
BVP CET 2018 Application Form
The candidates interested in appearing in an Engineering Entrance exam must fill the BVP CET 2018 Application Form. The Applicant must ensure that they go through the instructions in detail before applying for the admission. The payment and submission of the application form should be done before the last date.
Steps for applying online:
BVP CET 2018 Registration
- Click on the registration link on the official website to apply online for the desired course.
- Register by entering the details such as course name, name of the applicant, Email ID, phone number and password.
- On the submission of the registration details, candidates will receive a user name and password on their registered Email ID.
Payment of BVP CET 2018 Application Fee
- Entrance Test fee: Rs. 1700/- (non-refundable).
- After Login, candidates will be required to make the necessary payment online.
- Application fee can be submitted through Debit or Credit card or net banking.
- The candidates are advised to keep a record of the transaction.
Required Details in the BVP CET 2018 Application form
Candidates will be required to fill in the necessary details in the Application form.
- Date of Birth
- Pin Code
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Name of School/College
- Pin Code
- Phone Number
- 10th standard marks
- 12th standard details
- Qualifying examination details
- Year of Passing
- Total Marks obtained
Upload Photograph and Signature-
In the final step, candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned:
|Documents to be uploaded||Format||File Size||Maximum||Minimum|
|Photo||JPG Format||60 KB||640 x 480||320 x 240|
|Signature||JPG Format||60 KB||800 x 300||400 x 150|
Submission of the BVP CET 2018 Application Form
On the completion of the above-mentioned details, candidates can proceed to submit the Application form. The Applicant will receive the confirmation page. It should be assured that the information mentioned in the Application Form is correct.
BVP CET 2018 Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
Candidates can go through the examination pattern of BVP CET 2018 entrance test. The details and other relevant information are provided in the points below:
- The written entrance exam of BVP CET 2018 engineering course will be of 200 marks.
- There will be 200 Multiple Choice Questions. The candidates need to tick mark one correct answer out of four options.
- The Question paper will consist of 100 questions on Mathematics and 100 questions on Physics.
- The question paper will only be in English language.
- Each Correct answer will carry one mark. There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer chosen or unanswered questions by the candidates.
The marking scheme of the BVP CET 2018 examination paper is mentioned in the tabular format:
|Name of Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
Exam Syllabus For BVP CET 2018
The recommended syllabus for BVP CET 2018 entrance exam is mentioned here. The interested candidates can go through the relevant topics and prepare themselves in prior for the entrance examination.
|· Trigonometry |
· Sets, Relations and Functions
· Complex Numbers
· Quadratic Equations
· Sequences and Series
· Permutations and combinations
· Mathematical Induction and Binomial Theorem
· Limits and Continuity
· Applications of Derivatives
· Application of integral
· Differential Equations
· Boolean Algebra
· Mathematical Logic
· Plane Coordinate Geometry
· Three Dimensional Geometry
· Linear programming
|Contents of Class 11th Syllabus |
· Physical World and Measurement
· Laws of Mention
· Work, Energy and Power
· Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
· Properties of Bulk Matter
· Behavior of Perfect Gas and kinetic Theory
· Oscillations and Waves
| Contents of Class 12th Syllabus |
· Current Electricity
· Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
· Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
· Electromagnetic waves
· Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
· Atoms and Nuclei
· Electronic Devices
BVP CET 2018 Exam Centers
The BVP CET 2018 entrance exam will be conducted in various centres all over the country. The candidates will be provided with the option of filling their preferable examination centre to appear for the entrance test. The entrance test will be held at the following examination centres:
- New Delhi
- Navi Mumbai
BVP CET 2018 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The BVP CET 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official website of the university. The Applicants who have submitted their Application Form will all the required details will be able to access their Admit Card for the written exam. The candidates will get the admit card or hall ticket few days before the exam. The candidate will be required to enter their valid Email ID and password as a credential detail for the accessibility of Admit Card. The BVP CET Admit Card will also be made available through email. An SMS alert will be sent on your registered mobile number about the availability of the Admit Card. The applicants in the absence of Admit Card will not be allowed in the Examination Center. The candidates should make sure that they carry one Photo ID proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving license, Pan Card, Voter Card) with them at the time of the examination.
Steps to download the BVP CET 2018 Admit Card
- The candidates are required to visit the official website of the University i.e. bvuniversity.edu.in
- Click on the available link to access the Admit Card.
- Enter the Course name, Email ID and Password.
- Admit Card will be displayed on the main page.
- Download and save the file.
- Take a printout of the page for future reference.
Particulars mentioned on the BCP CET 2018 Admit Card
- Examination Roll number of the candidate.
- Form Number.
- Date and Time of Entrance Test.
- Entrance test center.
- Time Duration of the examination.
- Validity of Admit Card.
BVP CET 2018 Result
The BVP CET 2018 Results will be made available online on the official website of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. The result will also be available offline at the office of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth and at designated centres at Navi Mumbai and New Delhi. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score secured by the candidates in the entrance examination. The candidates who will have their name on the list will be called for a counselling process and spot academic session. The Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University will prepare lists of Regular Merit Category candidates and Foreign/NRI/PIO/OCI/Institutional Quota Merit Category on the basis of CET Engineering 2018 entrance exam.
Steps to Check the BVP CET 2018 Result
- Click on the link for result that will be provided on the official website of the University.
- Select the Course name and Roll Number asked in the link.
- Result will be displayed on the screen after the submission of the details.
- Download the result and take a print out for the future references.
Tie Breaker Criteria for BVP CET 2018
If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in CET Engineering Entrance Exam 2018, there will be order of preference on the basis of which the rank of the candidates will be determined:
- The candidate who has secured higher marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Exam will be given preference.
- In case if the tie still exists, candidates scoring higher aggregate percentage of marks in H.S.C./equivalent examination will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still doesn’t resolve, the candidates scoring higher percentage of marks in Mathematics in standard 10th will be given preference.
- There will be computerized random selection of candidate if all the above mentioned measures do not resolve the tie.
BVP CET 2018 Counselling Procedure
- The counselling procedure will be held by the University as per the given schedule. The declared counselling dates for B.tech admissions is from 18th June to 27th June 2018.
- The candidate who has secured his/her name on the merit list will be called for the counselling process.
- The presence of candidate is essential at the time of counselling or for spot admission, if eligible. If candidate find it impossible to attend the counselling for some unavoidable reason, he/she may authorize any other individual to represent him/her at the time of counselling. This representative must carry with him/her the letter of authorization in the specified format and all the documents mentioned.
- Counselling will be held at Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune.
- In case if candidate fails to appear at the allotted center, his/her candidature will be liable for cancellation.
- At the time of reporting, candidate is required to produce essential documents (original and two sets of photocopies).
- The candidates will be called for counselling as per their rank in the merit list.
- After filling all the seats, the waiting list numbers will be allotted to only those candidates who have reported for counselling.
List of Documents required at the time of Counselling
At the time of counselling, candidates are required to carry with them essential documents (original and two sets of photocopies). The absence of these documents could lead to the cancellation of admission.
- Letter of Counselling
- Proof of Date of Birth (SSC Certificate, Certificate of Domicile)
- A certificate of the principal/headmaster of the school for having studied for 11th and 12th standard in India.
- Statement of marks of 10th standard examination.
- Statement of marks of 12th standard examination.
- Transfer certificate from the institution in which the candidate has studies last.
- Migration Certificate.
- Aadhar card
- Gap Certificate (for students who joined a course after 12th)
- Conduct and Character certificate.
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST Candidates only)
- Caste validity certificate issued by competent authority (for SC/ST Candidates only)
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Six recent passport size photographs with the candidate’s name written on back side.
- An affidavit signed by the candidate and countersigned by the candidate’s parent/guardian in the presence of Notary Public on stamp paper.