BITSAT is a national level exam conducted by the leading and pioneering institute of India, namely Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani for admission in various engineering, pharmacy, science, management, and humanities. BITS, Pilani is a deemed university under section 3 of UGC Act. The institute aspires to best serve the nation and the world by educating students and advancing knowledge in science, technology and other areas of scholarship.
Check Eligibility For BITSAT Exam
BITSAT is the annual entrance exam conducted by BITS for admission in its three campuses in Hyderabad, Pilani, and Goa. It is an online test that takes place in various slots. It is conducted to test students aptitude in Physics, chemistry, and maths. The application process for BITSAT 2019 will start from December 2018. The exam centers and slots booking by the candidate will start from the last week of March 2018. BITSAT 2019 admit card will be available on its official website from the third week of April 2018. BITSAT 2019 exam will be conducted in the third week of May 2018.
Eligibility Criteria For BITSAT 2019
The eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2019 will be prescribed by the institute and its decision will be final. The eligibility criteria for various courses for BITSAT 2019 are given below:
- Education qualification for Bachelors in Pharmacy: Candidates must pass class 12 or equivalent exam in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths from any recognized university.
- Education qualification for B.Tech: Candidates who are interested to pursue B. Tech from BITS Pilani must conform to the following academic criteria:
- Candidates must pass their class 12 or equivalent exam from Central or State Board or any board which is recognized by the government.
- Candidates must qualify in Physics, chemistry, and maths as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English and logical reasoning.
- The best of three subjects are taken into account. A candidate must secure a minimum of 75 % in their best of three subjects and a minimum of 60 % in each subject.
- Only those students who passed class 12 in 2017 or is appearing in 2018 are eligible for BITSAT 2019.
- Those candidates who have reappeared in their class 12 exam, their latest performance will be considered.
- Class 12 toppers: Candidates who have scored the highest rank in their board’s exam will be provided direct admission. They will be given the choice to select the course of their choice.
- Education qualification for other courses: For all the rest of the courses the eligibility criteria are:
- Students must pass their class 12 boards or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Students must have Physics, chemistry, and maths as their compulsory subject.
- Students must score at least 75 % in any three subjects with 60 % in each subject.
- Students who have passed class 12 in 2016 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
- Students who are already studying in BITS Pilani are also not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2019.