AURCET 2018: APRCET 2018 Examination Dates Re- Scheduled. Read below to know more. Andhra University is one of the oldest universities in India. Established in 1926, it is located in the port city of Visakhapatnam, in the state of Andhra Pradesh. This university conducts an entrance test Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test (APRCET) to shortlist the students for admission to M.Phil. or Ph.D. programmes in the university itself. Candidates having PG degree in Science, Arts, Law, Pharmacy and Engineering Courses and seeking admission into M.Phil. or Ph.D. programmes must appear for the AURCET 2018 conducted by the Directorate of Admissions, Andhra University. To know more about AURCET 2018 in detail, read below.
- 1 Important Dates Regarding AURCET 2018
- 2 AURCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 AURCET 2018 Application form
- 4 AURCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- 5 AURCET 2018 Syllabus
- 6 Andhra University AURCET 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
- 7 AURCET Examination Centers
- 8 AURCET 2018 Rank Card and other details
- 9 Merit List for Andhra University
- 10 AURCET Admission procedure
- 11 AURCET 2018 Seat Reservation
- 12 Contact details
Important Dates Regarding AURCET 2018
- The APRCET examination on 22nd August 2018 is postponed to 27th and 28th August 2018 due to the public holiday on 22nd August 2018. The remaining examination dates 23rd and 24th August 2018 will remain the same. Click Here to view the official notice.
- To know the vacancy position of Ph.D ( Full Time / Part Time) and M.Phil. (Full Time / Part Time) in various Universities of the State of Andhra Pradesh can be obtained by visiting the respective websites of the Universities. Click Here to know the vacant position.
- To take the AURCET 2018 Mock Test – Click Here
The official examination conducting authority has released the date of the events related to the AURCET 2018. The officially announced dates is provided in the below table:
|S. No||Events||Dates (announced)|
|1.||Date of hosting the vacancy position in all websites Universities in their websites||25-06-2018(Monday)|
|2.||Issue of Notification||30-06-2018 (Saturday)|
|3.||Commencement of online application||07-07-2018 (Saturday)|
|4.||Last date for online submission without late fee||06-08-2018 (Monday)|
|5.||Last date for online submission with late fee of Rs. 2000/-||11-08-2018 (Saturday)|
|6.||Correction of online application data already submitted||12-08-2018 and 13-08-2018 (Sunday and Monday)|
|7.||Downloading of Hall tickets||From 16-08-2018 (Thursday) Onwards|
|8.||Examination Dates||23-08-2018 to 24-08-2018 (Thursday to Friday) |
27-08-2018 to 28-08-2018 (Monday to Tuesday)
AURCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are various courses offered at the postgraduate level via AURCET 2018 score. To get admission into any of the below-listed programmes, the candidate needs to qualify the AURCET. The candidates who are interested should check the eligibility criteria and apply for the AURCET 2018. The below table provides the eligibility criteria details:
Common Eligibility Criteria
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||FULL-TIME M. Phil. / Ph. D. Programme:||Candidate must be a Post-graduate degree holders with at least 55% of marks (50% in the case of SC/ST Candidates) or equivalent CGPA in the concerned subject or in an allied subject or any other PG Degree recognized by the University as equivalent to prescribed in eligibility criteria can apply for full-time M. Phil. / Ph.D. degree. They must qualify in AURCET 2018.|
|2.||PART-TIME M. Phil / Ph. D. Programme:||In-Service candidates satisfying the above eligibility conditions can apply for part-time. Admission into part-time programmes will be made by preparing merit order by considering rank and service weightage.|
NOTE 1: The P.G. Degrees of all undergraduate course recognized Universities in India will be treated as equivalent to P.G. Degrees of Andhra University. However, PG Degrees obtained through distance mode from Universities recognized by DEC only be recognized.
NOTE 2: Candidates who have already appeared or appearing for the final semester or final year examinations of the qualifying degree in May / June – 2018 can also apply for AURCET 2018. But such candidates shall be considered for admission only if they obtain PG degree by the time of admission.
Department wise eligibility criteria: To know the test codes, names of the departments, M.Phil / Ph.D programmes offered and the respective eligibility criteria – Click Here
AURCET 2018 Application form
The AURCET 2018 Application Form available in online mode on 7th July 2018. The applicants should check the eligibility criteria for a course in which he/she wants to get enrolled before application form filling. The deadline to apply for AURCET 2018 without late fee is 6th August 2018. Last date for the AURCET 2018 with a late fee of Rs. 2000 is 11th August 2018. Link to apply for AURCET 2018 is provided below. The applicants are advised to go through the official information brochure before going to apply for the test. The steps for filling up the application form of Andhra University in online mode is given below:
The following information must be kept ready in hand before AURCET application form filling:
- Select the eligible courses and corresponding tests.
- Caste in case of SC/ST/BC candidates.
- PH/NCC/ NSS/SPORTS /CAP etc.
- Date of Birth as per SSC records.
- Percentage of marks and year of Passing of Qualifying Examination, if Passed.
- Hall ticket number of the qualifying examination.
- Study or Residence (from M.R.O) or relevant certificate for proof of local status.
To register and fill up the AURCET 2018 application form, follow the steps below:
Step 1:- Click on the link “AURCET 2018“. Clicking on this link will redirect to the official website.
Step 2:- Read the instruction carefully and click on “Apply Now” option.
Step 3:- Create a “login ID” and “password” by registering yourself.
Step 4:- Fill in the application form by entering the personal details and academic qualification.
Step 5:- Payment of application fee.
Step 6:- Download the application form and take the printout of the same for future use.
NOTE: The application fee payment will have to be made by the candidate in online mode through debit/ credit cards or net banking. The amount to be paid as registration fee for AURCET 2018 is provided in the table below:
|1.||General / OBC||Rs. 1400|
|2.||ST/ SC /PHC||Rs. 1000|
AURCET 2018 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern plays a very crucial role during preparation for the exam. Applicants are advised to go through the AURCET 2018 exam pattern in order to make the preparation more effective. Exam pattern gives the candidate an idea about the mode of exam, duration, subjects and marking scheme. Candidates can refer to the following table to get complete information about AURCET 2018 exam pattern:-
|1)||AURCET 2018 exam||23-08-2018 to 24-08-2018 (Thursday to Friday) |
27-08-2018 to 28-08-2018 (Monday to Tuesday)
|2)||Mode of Exam||Online (Computer based test) mode|
|3)||Medium of Question paper||English|
|4)||Number of questions||This Paper contains 20 questions in Research Methodology with 20 marks, 70 questions in concerned subject with 70 marks.|
AURCET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for various courses is different. There is a different set of AURCET question paper for a admission to a particular department. The candidate who is going to attend the AURCET 2018 exam must check the syllabus and exam pattern for that particular course.
- AURCET 2018 for each subject/ department consists of one paper with multiple choice objective type questions including an oral examination.
- After the written examination there is an oral examination of 10 marks which will be conducted in Departments by the concerned DRC.
- The minimum qualifying marks in AURCET 2018 is 25 marks and no minimum marks for SC/ST/PHC category students.
- Based on the number of seats available and the number of applications received, the University reserves the right to conduct or not to conduct the test.
Andhra University AURCET 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
Registered candidates can view and download the AURCET 2018 Admit Card in the 1st week of July. Link to download the same will be provided in this article. The applicants should download and carry the Hall Ticket on the day of examination. Admit card contains details like the name of the candidate, roll number, date and time of the exam, signature & photograph and complete address of the exam centre. The Admit Card will not be sent to the candidates by Post/Email/SMS etc.
AURCET Examination Centers
Common Entrance test (AURCET-2018) for admission into M. Phil & Ph.D programmes in various Science, Arts, Law, Pharmacy and Engineering Basic Sciences and humanities in Engineering will be conducted by the Directorate of Admissions in Visakhapatnam only.
AURCET 2018 Rank Card and other details
- All candidates qualified in the AURCET will be awarded an individual Rank based on combining the marks secured in the test and performance in the interview. The rank card will be available for download at the official website.
- In case of a tie between candidates securing the same marks the order of merit will be decided on the basis of marks obtained in Part-II of the Test. In case of a further tie, the marks obtained by the candidate in Part-I shall be taken into account. If the tie continues the date of birth of the candidate shall be taken into account, with priority to the older candidate.
- There is no provision for revaluation or personal verification of the answer sheet. The shortlisted candidates have to attend for the counselling as per schedule and no call letters shall be sent to the Candidates in this regard.
Merit List for Andhra University
After assigning the rank to the individual candidates, the official authority prepares the merit list. The merit list contains name and details of the candidates eligible for counselling. The candidate can check the merit list by visiting the official website.
AURCET Admission procedure
Counselling for admissions into all departments of Andhra University Campus Colleges, its P.G. Centers/Campuses offering research programmes and recognized research centres in affiliated colleges shall be made at the office of DOA, AU. The below given table contains the name of courses and the procedure of admission
|1.||M. Phil & Ph. D. (Full-Time)||a) 80% of the seats with AURCET 2018 rank for Arts & Science courses and 100% each for Engineering, Pharmacy and Law courses. |
b) 20% of the seats in Arts & Science courses, to be filled by the candidates having M.Phil Degree, UGC-CSIR NET/ICMR (Lecturer ship), APSET in the subject concerned with a AURCER 2018 Rank
|2.||M. Phil. |
|Admission into part-time programmes will be made on the basis of AURCET 2018 Rank and weightage obtained in the service. In the respective category in the following order of priority. |
1. Teachers working in the University or the A.U.P.G.Centers.
2. (a) Teachers working in Post graduate and professional colleges. This provision is not applicable to teachers teaching Physics, Chemistry, mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges
(b) Lecturers / Librarians / Asst. Librarians working in affiliated degree colleges teaching physics, chemistry, mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges.
(c) Teachers working in Polytechnic / Government Junior Colleges.
3. Technical employees working in research institutes attached to Andhra University / Non-Teaching employees of Andhra University, A.U.P.G. Centres having completed at least five years of service
|3.||Ph.D. Part-Time||Admission into part-time Ph.D. will be made on the basis of AURCET 2018 Rank in the respective categories. The final ranking of AURCET 2018 will be evaluated based on the marks obtained in the written test and service weight age. |
(a) Regular Faculty working in the University or the A.U. P.G. Centers.
(b) (i) Faculty working in Post graduate and Professional colleges having completed a minimum service of two years.
(ii) Faculty / Librarians / Asst. Librarians working in affiliated degree /PG colleges and Faculty teaching physics, chemistry, mathematics and humanities in professional colleges, having completed a minimum service of three years.
(iii) Faculty working in Polytechnic / Government or Private aided Junior Colleges having completed at least four years of service.
(c) Technical employees working in research institutes attached to Andhra University / Non- Teaching employees of Andhra University, A.U. P.G. Centers, having completed at least five years of service.
(d) 25% extra seats (in part time Research) in each department are allocated for Executives / Administrators having completed at least 5 years of service, out of which at least two years with requisite qualifications in Govt./ Quasi Govt./ Legal / Public sector organizations / Public Ltd. / Private Limited companies with a turnover not less than 50 crores.
Document to be produced during counselling for verification
Candidates should submit the following original certificates in support of the Qualification and reservation claimed in the application at the time of admission.
- Post Graduate Degree / Provisional Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Marks statements of Qualifying Examination.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate from the institution where the candidate last studied (candidates who have studied in A.U. should also submit T.C. and C.C. at the time of admission).
- Migration Certificate for candidates from other than A.U.
- Date of Birth Certificate (SSC or equivalent Certificate).
- Study Certificates for the last seven years or Residence Certificate for preceding seven years of the qualifying examination, whichever is applicable (For Full-Time candidates only).
- Integrated Community Certificate issued by the competent authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates.
- Income Certificate (valid for one year only), in the case of M.Phil / Ph.D. (Full-Time) candidates.
- 4 attested recent passport size Photos.
- The candidates opting for admission under Physically Handicapped quota should produce the relevant certificate.
- Physical fitness certificate.
- Service certificate and No objection certificate from the employer in the prescribed format (for part-time programmes only).
- Two sets of Photocopies of all the above certificates.
AURCET 2018 Seat Reservation
The government of Andhra Pradesh has reserved the seat for the candidates belonging to reservation category. 85% of the available seats are reserved in favour of the Local Candidates from the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam belonging to Andhra University area.
Candidates have to mention their reservation category while filling the application form of AURCET 2018 Exam. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of reserved seats. The table given below contains the distribution of seats category-wise.
|1.||Scheduled caste (SC)||15%|
|2.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||6%|
|3.||Listed Backward Classes (OBC)||(BC: 29%, A-7%, B-10%, |
C-1%, D-7% and E-4%)
|6.||Children of Armed Forces Personnel (CAP)||2% of seats be filled by horizontal |
method of reservation.
|7.||Physically Handicapped||3% of seats be filled by following horizontal method of reservation.|
|8.||Seats in each course shall be reserved in favour of women candidates in each category.||33.33%|
Address: Vijaynagar palace, Peda Waltair, Vishakapatnam 530071
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Phone number: 91 9052456721, +91 9985666721
Email ID: [email protected]
If you have any query related to this article, then please comment in the box given below