Last Date for Assam CEE 2018 Application Form Submission is today i.e. 26th March 2018 – Click the link below to Apply Now!
As per the recently released notification, the official examination body of Assam CEE 2018 is Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU). The application form for Assam CEE 2018 is going to be released on 1st March 2018. The aspirants can apply online for the exam until 26th March 2018. This test is conducted every year for admission to under graduate B Tech/B.E course in the field of engineering. Candidates who qualify in the exam get admission to Government and Private colleges/institutions of Assam.
This article will guide the aspirants of Assam CEE 2018 entrance examination to fill up the application form. Candidates must read the eligibility criteria article to find their eligibility for appearing in the exam.
To participate in the examination, candidate must read the eligibility criteria of Assam CEE 2018. If the candidate possess all the basic eligibility criteria set by the authority, then he/she can fill up the application form to appear in the entrance exam.
Important Dates of Assam CEE exam 2018
|1.||Availability of online application form||1st March 2018|
|2.||Final Date for Submission of Online Application Form||26th March 2018|
|3.||Release of Admit Card of Assam CEE 2018||9th April 2018 onwards|
|4.||Assam CEE 2018||29th April 2018 (sunday)|
Assam CEE 2018 Application Form
After checking the eligibility criteria for the Assam CCE 2018, interested applicants can fill up the application form to appear in the Assam combined entrance examination. Assam CEE 2018 application form will consist of two sets – Form A and Form B. The candidates will have to fill up Form (A) in order to appear in the entrance examination whereas Form (B) has to be filled and submitted at the time of counselling.
Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) had released Assam CEE 2018 application form in online mode from 1st March 2018. Candidates must fill up and submit the application form (A) by today i.e. 26th March 2018. Candidates have to visit the official website in order to fill up the online application form. However, the offline mode exam will be conducted on 29th April 2018 (sunday).
Step by step guide to fill up the Assam CEE application form 2018
Filling the requisite details
Candidates will be required to fill the following details in their Assam CEE application form 2018:
- Examination centre
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Are you Physically Challenged?
- Are you Grandson/ Granddaughter of Freedom Fighter?
- Are you Son/ Daughter of Ex-Defence Service Personnel?
- Are you applying against Sports Quota?
- Are you applying against N.C.C. Quota?
- Are you Son/ Daughter of employees of Central Govt./ Central Govt. Undertaking Service in Assam? (Only for Non-Resident of Assam)
- Are you Son/ Daughter of an Employee under Directorate of Technical Education, Assam?
- Date of birth
Details of qualifying exam H.S. (10+2) or its equivalent examination
- Present status – Appearing H.S. (10+2) or its equivalent examination/ Already Passed H.S. (10+2) or its equivalent examination
- Permanent Address
- Address for Communication
- Guardians name
- Valid E-Mail ID and phone number
Uploading photograph and signature
After filling up the general information, candidates need to upload their scanned images of photograph (with blue/white background) and signature in the given specified format.
|Photograph||Less than 100 KB||Height (250-320)
|Signature||Less than 100 KB||Height (100-180)
Checking and submission of the Assam CEE 2018 application form
- After successfully uploading the scanned images of photograph and signature, candidates are advised to check all the details provided carefully before submission as changes will not be allowed later.
- Candidates will receive a unique application number which they must keep safely till the end of the admission procedure.
- Candidates must take a print out of the application form of Assam CEE 2018 and e-challan generated after submission.
Payment of Assam CEE Application Fee
- After checking and submitting the application form (A), the final step is to pay the requisite application fee through either of the ways – online or offline.
- Candidate can pay the fee by using “State Bank Collect” which facilitates payment through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking. Candidates can also make payment at any State Bank of India branch after generating the Cash Deposit Form from “State Bank Collect” in final Step of online Application.
- To pay the Assam CEE application fee in online mode, candidates will have to use net banking or debit or credit card.
- To submit the application fee in offline mode, candidates will have to download the e-challan that will be generated after the submission of the Assam CEE 2018 application form.
- Candidates will have to use the e-challan on the second day of the application form submission by visiting their nearest SBI branch and paying the fee in cash.
- Candidates must ensure that e-challan has the seal of the bank, signature of the bank official and Journal number. The e-challan has to be kept safely by the candidates till the end of the admission procedure.
Assam CEE 2018 Application Fee
|S.No.||Mode||Amount (in INR)|
|1||Online (SBI-Collect – Net banking, credit card, debit card)||600|
Assam CEE 2018 Application Status
Candidates can check their Assam CEE application form 2018 status by logging in to the official website and by entering the application number. However, applicant are advised to check their Assam CEE 2018 application form status by login, if the payment has been made in offline mode, since, the Assam CEE application form 2018 will be taken into consideration only if the payment will be complete.
List of Assam CEE 2018 Examination Centers
Assam CEE 2018 exam will be held at 9 exam centers across state of Assam. Candidates have to choose any one Assam CEE 2018 exam center from the list as per their convenience while filling up the application form. The name and address of Assam CEE exam centre 2018 will be mentioned on the admit card. The centre alloted to each candidate is usually the one that is indicated by the candidate as his/her preference while filling the application form. The list of possible Examination centre along with the code for Assam CEE 2018 are provided below.
|S.No||Assam CEE 2018 Exam Centers|
Assam CEE 2018 Seat Reservation
The Government of Assam reserves a definite number of seats in every participating institute for the candidates belonging to special categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Disabled and Defence Categories. Candidates have to mention their reservation category while filling the application form (A) of Assam CEE 2018. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid supporting documents in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of Assam CEE reserved seats.
|S.No||Categories||Percentage of seats reserved in colleges of Assam|
|1.||Scheduled Castes (SC)||7% of College intake capacity|
|2.||Scheduled Tribes ( Plains) (ST)||10% of College intake capacity|
|3.||Scheduled Tribes ( Hills) (ST(H))||5 % of College intake capacity|
|4.||Other Backward Classes ( including MOBC)||15% of College intake capacity|
|5.||Tea garden labour community (TGLC)||1 seat in each college|
|6.||Ex-tea garden labour community (Ex TGC)||1 seat in each college|
|7.||Son, and Daughter of Ex-Service man||1 seat in each college|
|8.||Physically Challenged||3% of College intake capacity|
|9.||NCC (National cadet corps)||1 seat in each college|
|10.||Sportsman||1 seat in each college|
|11.||Moran / Motak communities||1 seat in each college|
|12.||Son, Daughter, Grand- Son and Grand –Daughter of freedom fighters (both paternal & maternal)||2 seats in Assam Engineering College (AEC), 2 seats in Junior Engineering College (JEC), 1 seat in Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology (JIST), Jorhat in specific branch Above these seats, one seat is reserved for ST/SC/OBC/MOBC|
Assam combined entrance examination 2018 will be held by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam for admission into the following Engineering Colleges and Engineering & Technical Courses.
|S.No||Name of the Institute||Seat Intake|
|1.||Assam Engineering College, Guwahati.||420|
|2.||Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat.||315|
|3.||Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat.||240|
|4.||Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar||120|
|5.||Barak Valley Engineering College, Karimganj.||120|
|6.||Private Engineering Colleges and State Universities of Assam||–|
So, to apply for the Assam Common Entrance examination for the year 2018, candidates can go through this article.