RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020: Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Amethi will conduct RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020 for interested applicants. The institute offers admission under 2 branches of B.tech course which are Petroleum and Chemical engineering. There are total 120 seats which are available for both the branches. B.Tech. Admission for RGIPT 2020 will be provided to candidates based on the score obtained in JEE Advanced 2020. The registration process will start from the 4th week of May, 2020. The authority will also release the cut-off which will vary branch and category wise. The shortlisted candidates need to pay admission fees in order to confirm their seats.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Overview of RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020
A quick overview of RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020 is shown in the table below for applicants applying to get admission in the institute:
|Name of Admission||RGIPT B.Tech Admission|
|Conducting body||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology|
|Level of Admission||Undergraduate|
|Admission based on||JEE Advanced|
|Availability of Seats||120 (60 in each program)|
|Programmes offered||Petroleum and Chemical Engineering|
RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020 Dates
Applicants must be aware of important dates related to RGIPT 2020 B.Tech Admission. Some of the tentative dates are listed below in the table:
|Releasing online application form||4th week of May 2020|
|Last date of application form submission||2nd week of July 2020|
|Declaration of the first provisional list of shortlisted candidates||3rd week of July 2020|
|Last date for acceptance of Registration Fee (General/ OBC: Rs. 30,000/-, SC/ST/ PwD: Rs. 10,000/-) from candidates in the first provisional list||3rd week of July 2020|
|Declaration of the first list of selected candidates, who paid the registration fee||3rd week of July 2020|
|Payment of remaining amount (General/OBC: Rs. 1,00,000/-, SC/ST/ PwD: Rs. 25,000/-) of Admission Fees by selected candidates in the first list||3rd week of July 2020 (up to 6:00 PM)|
|Registration at RGIPT, Amethi||4th week of July 2020|
|Academic session starts||4th week of July 2020|
RGIPT B.Tech Selection Process
The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the following prescribed process.
- Candidates will be selected for Admission of RGIPT B.Tech 2020 based on the rank secured in JEE Advanced.
- Then the selected aspirants will be called for participating in the RGIPT counselling process
- Applicants have to attend the counselling in person and they need to carry and submit their original documents for verification purpose.
- After verification has been performed, candidates will be allotted seats which will entirely depend upon the rank secured.
- Then candidates will be asked to pay admission fees in order to complete the admission formalities and process.
RGIPT B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2020
Applicants applying for RGIPT Admission 2020 under B.Tech programmes must go through the eligibility criteria. These criteria are set up by the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Amethi. Only eligible candidates can then take part in the application process. The eligibility criteria for RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020 are listed below:
- An applicant must hold citizenship of India
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- General category candidates must have a minimum aggregate of 60%
- Reserved category candidates must have secured an aggregate of 55% to be eligible for admission.
- Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of common merit list of JEE Advanced 2020 of the present year and will also depend on the extended merit list.
- The candidate who will apply under the Reserved category will be selected as per the norms of Government of India.
NOTE – Applicants having color blindness are not eligible for RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020 in Petroleum Engineering but they are eligible for Chemical Engineering.
Pre-Requisite Things Before Filing An Application form
The conducting authority advises the candidate to keep a list of documents ready before proceeding to fill an Application Form. These documents may be needed at any point in time while filling the application form. The list consists of the following documents:
- Application number
- Registration number
- Roll number
- JEE Advanced 2020 rank
- Details about the academic qualification of 10th and 12th standard.
- Photograph of the candidate which must be less than 50 kb in jpg format
- Signature of the candidate which must be less than 20 kb in jpg format
RGIPT B.Tech Application Form 2020
It is necessary to fill the application form in order to apply for RGIPT B.Tech 2020 Admission. The application form will be available via online mode on its official site. Along with filling of the application form, the candidate also needs to make the payment of application fees. Filling of RGIPT Application Form 2020 includes various steps which are mentioned below:
- Payment of Application Fee
- Preview the Application Form
- Application Form completion
- Printing of preview
- Applicants log in page for making modifications
- Updating of the Registration form
RGIPT B.Tech 2020 Application Fee
Applicants require to pay an application fee before the registration process and this fee varies for different categories of candidates. The amount that needs to be paid by different categories are displayed in the table below:
|Category of Candidates||Application Fee|
|For Female Candidates (All Categories)||Rs. 600.00 + Rs. 108.00 (Taxes)|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Rs. 600.00 + Rs. 108.00 (Taxes)|
|For All Other Candidates||Rs. 1200.00 + Rs. 216.00 (Taxes)|
NOTE – The payment of application fee can be made via online mode only through Net banking, Debit card or Credit card. General/OBC candidates have to pay an extra amount of Rs. 216 as GST rate while SC/ST/PwD and Women candidates have to pay Rs. 108.
RGIPT B.Tech Merit List 2020
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Amethi will publish a Merit List for B.Tech Admission of RGIPT 2020. The merit list will be prepared based on the JEE Main rank and choice of course filled by an applicant. Applicants whose name will be mentioned on the merit list will be called to attend the counseling process.
RGIPT B.Tech Cut- off 2020
The Institute will release the cut-off of RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020 which will contain the opening and closing ranks of the two B.Tech programmes (Petroleum and Chemical Engineering). Applicants must be aware that the RGIPT B.Tech Admission Cut-off 2020 will vary for each of the branch and for different categories. The candidate can check the previous year cut-off as the cut-off for this year is nit yer released by Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Amethi.
Previous Year Cut – off for RGIPT B.Tech Admission 2020
The cut-off of RGIPT Admission for the year 2018 are displayed in the tables below:
RGIPT B.Tech Opening & Closing Ranks 2018 after round-1
|B.Tech Programme||General candidates||OBC-NCL candidates||SC candidates||ST candidates|
RGIPT B.Tech Closing Ranks 2018 after round-2
|B.Tech Programme||General candidates||OBC-NCL candidates||SC candidates||ST candidates|
RGIPT B.Tech Counseling 2020
The concerned authority will organize Counselling for Admission of RGIPT B.Tech 2020. This counselling will be conducted in offline phase and candidates need to report to the allotted centres. During counseling process, applicants need to carry original documents as well as photocopies for verification of documents. The shortlisted applicants will then be allotted with seats.
Documents to be carried during RGIPT B.Tech Counseling process
The list of documents that need to be carried along by an applicant consists of the following:
- Class 10 & 12 mark sheets and certificates
- Original transfer or migration certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Admit card of JEE Advanced 2020
- Letter of Acceptance
- Caste certificate
- OBC category candidates need to carry a Non-Creamy Layer certificate and a self-declaration form.
- Valid certificates for the physically handicapped category
- Medical Certificate
- Anti-Ragging cum Undertaking Form
- 5 passport size latest color photos
- Receipts of Online payment mode
NOTE – Applicants belonging from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir are not allowed to enter Aadhaar card number in the application form. However, during the time of admission, they will have to produce any government approved identity proof like passport, ration card, bank passbook, or any other valid government identity card.
RGIPT B.Tech Admission Fees 2020
Candidates need to pay registration fee along with admission fees for RGIPT 2020 B.Tech Admission. General and OBC category applicants need to pay an amount of Rs. 30,000 as the registration fee while Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and PwD category candidates need to pay Rs. 10,000.
The table below shows the admission fees required to be paid by various categories:
|Categories||Admission Fees in INR (Subject To Change)|
|General/ OBC applicants||1,30,000|
NOTE – The fees will be refunded for those aspirants who will not get B.Tech Admission of RGIPT 2020 in the institute.