Maharashtra Polytechnic Seat Reservation 2019: Government of Maharashtra has reserved seats in all the offered courses in each and every college for the reserved category candidates. Students belonging to caste like scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward class are treated as the reserved category. During application form filling, Candidate needs to mention their respective category. Reserved category candidate needs to have a valid supporting document to prove their category. They need to produce/submit the reservation criteria supporting document in the prescribed format at the time of reporting. To know more about Maharashtra Polytechnic Seat Reservation 2019 – Read Below.
Related Articles (Hyperlink)
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Merit List of Maharashtra Polytechnic
- Maharashtra Polytechnic Counselling
- Eligibility Maharashtra Polytechnic Eligibility
- Seat Allotment 2019 Maharashtra Polytechnic
- Online Form of Maharashtra Polytechnic
- Distribution of seat to various categories
Maharashtra Polytechnic Seat Reservation 2019
Allocations of seats within sanctioned intake for the first year of Post SSC Diploma Courses.
|S. No||Type of Institution||No. of seats as per sanctioned intake CAP seats|
|Maharashtra State Candidates||Minority Quota||Institution Quota (including 5% quota for NRI, if applicable)|
|1.||Unaided Private Educational Institutions|
(excluding minority institutions)
|Home District Technical – 8.4%|
Non-Technical – 47.6%
Other than home district technical -3.6%
|2.||Unaided Minority Technical Institutions||Home district – (70% od M.S seats)|
Technical 10% of M.S seats
Non-Techical – 59.5% of M.S seats
Other than home district (30% of M.S seats)
Technical- 4.5% of M.S seats
Non- Technical- 25.5% of M.S seats
|Minimum 51 %||20%|
CAP Seats = Sanctioned Intake – Institutional Quota
Maharashtra Polytechnic 2019 Allocation of Supernumerary Seats
(1) Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidates to be filled by Competent Authority- The number of seats for this quota shall be as per the policy of the Government.
(2) OCI/PIO, Foreign Students and the children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries candidates to be filled by Institution – 15% of the Sanctioned Intake seats or as prescribed by the appropriate authority from time to time.
Maharashtra Polytechnic 2019 Supernumerary Seats for OCI/PIO
(a) OCI/PIO, Foreign Students and the children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries.
(i) The Candidates having candidature and the children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries shall be eligible for these supernumerary seats.
(ii) These seats shall be subject to the maximum of 15% of the Sanctioned Intake seats. Out of 15% seats, one third shall be reserved for the children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and two third seats shall be reserved for OCI / PIO or Foreign Student Candidates, or as prescribed by the appropriate authority.
(iii) These seats shall be filled in by the institution on the basis of Inter-Se-Merit of candidates.
(b) Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature.
(i) The Candidates having Candidature of these rules shall be eligible for these seats.
(ii) The number of seats for this quota shall be as per the policy of the Government;
(iii) These seats shall be filled in by the Competent Authority.
Five percent (5%) seats of total sanctioned intake of all the Institutions under CAP shall be reserved for Candidates with following Disability.
Five per cent (5%) of Maharashtra State Candidature seats (M.S. seats) available under centralized admission process subject to a maximum of five (5) seats, shall be reserved for children of active/Ex defence service personnel. These seats are within the sanctioned intake capacity for the course.
a) Children of Ex- service personnel who are domiciled in Maharashtra State (D1).
b) Children of active service personnel who are domiciled in Maharashtra State (D2)
c) Children of active service personnel (D3) Who are transferred to Maharashtra State but are not domiciled in Maharashtra State. Who are not domiciled in Maharashtra State but their families are stationed in Maharashtra State under the provision of retention of family accommodation at the last duty station on grounds of children education.
Category of reservation
% of M.S. seat reservation
|1.||Scheduled Castes and Schedule caste converts to Buddhism ( SC )||13|
|2.||Schedule Tribes (ST)||7|
|3.||Vimukta Jati (VJ) And De notified Tribes (DT)(NT-A)||3|
|4.||Nomadic Tribes 1 ( NT-B)||2.5|
|5.||Nomadic Tribes 2 ( NT-C)||3.5|
|6.||Nomadic Tribes 3 ( NT-D)||2|
|7.||Other Backward classes (OBC)||19|
- For First Year of Post SSC Diploma Courses : Reservation in Government Institutes with Second shift Courses for Religious Minority Students:
- 70 % seats of sanctioned intake of the course for Religious Minority Students belonging to Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Sikh, Parsi and Jain community and 30% seats of sanctioned intake of the course for general & backward class category candidates are reserved in Second shift Courses for Religious Minority Students in Selected Government polytechnics. These seats will be filled through CAP at State Level.
- For each course with sanctioned intake of 60, 70% seats (42) will be reserved for above mentioned religious minority candidates as indicated in the following table, 30 % seats shall be available to all Maharashtra State Candidates and shall be filled as per the existing rules of the admission process.
Allocation of seats for Minority Religious Group
Minority Religious Group
Seats reserved for National Cadet Corps (N.C.C.):
Provision of total 15 supernumerary seats shall be allotted to NCC Students in Post SSC Diploma courses. The candidate seeking admission under N.C.C. quota, must fulfil following conditions in addition to eligibility criteria. Eligible candidates seeking admission under this provision shall first apply to competent authority by filling online CAP application. Eligibility criteria for NCC candidates are as under.
- Certification of representation of Maharashtra at All India level.
- Certificate of minimum 70% attendance in two years of N.C.C.
- N.C.C. ‘A’ certificate.
The allotment of these seats shall be carried out on basis of merit in the branch & institute as selected by the candidate. No institute shall be given more than one seat over & above SI under this category.
Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission 2019 Participating Institute
Here we have provided institutes located in the state Maharashtra which offers admission into three years diploma course on merit basis. Along with the name of the institute, seat intake, institute type (govt or un-aided) and code is provided. Click on the link below to get the name of the participating institute.
Click Here – to get the name of institute.
To ask any questions related to this topic, write the same in the comment box given below.