KVPY Exam Pattern 2018: All the candidates who are going to appear for KVPY 2018 must make sure to go through all the KVPY exam pattern 2018. KVPY Exam pattern details like mode, duration, marking scheme, etc are provided in this article. Check the subject wise syllabus of KVPY 2018 in this article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The exam for the KVPY fellowship programme is conducted every year in the month of November and the interview for the same is held in between January to February. The Answer keys of the exam will be released on the official website i.e. www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in within 15-20 days of aptitude test. The results of KVPY 2018 are expected to be published in December.
KVPY Exam Pattern 2018
This year the exam is expected to be conducted in the 1st week of November 2018. All the candidates planning to take the exam must be thoroughly prepared. To start with the preparation of any exam, every candidate must know the exam pattern like the mode in which the exam will be held, the language of the question paper, the time duration given to complete an exam, number of questions, total marks and the marks awarded and deducted for each exam. The exam pattern for KVPY 2018 is enlisted below:
- MODE – The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- MEDIUM OF THE PAPER – The medium of the question paper will be both English and Hindi.
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS – All the questions will be of objective type and the exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours.
- TOTAL MARKS – KVPY 2018 question paper will be marked out of a total of 100 marks. The paper will be divided into two parts.
- MARKING SCHEME – In Part 1, 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- MARKING SCHEME – In part 2, 2 marks will be awarded to each correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
KVPY Syllabus 2018
The syllabus for KVPY is based on class 10th / class 12th and 1st year of B.Sc/ BS/ B.Stat/ B.Math/ MS/ Int. M.Sc. The topics covered in these three years from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics form the syllabus of the KVPY 2018 exam. It should, however, be noted that there is no pre-defined syllabus for the exam. Candidates must be very careful in gathering the study material for the exam. The aptitude test is formed to check the analytical ability and the understanding of the candidate. All candidates planning to take the exam must make sure that they go through all the topics and understand the concept to be eligible for the fellowship program.