Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology(KIIT), Bhubaneshwar conducts its own entrance exam for admission to the various undergraduate programme, postgraduate and research programme. The result of an entrance examination is generally declared after the exam is conducted. This article is about the Result, Merit List, cut-off and counselling for KIIT Entrance Examination 2018.
Latest Update: The Reporting Schedule for B. tech Candidates has been released. check here.
KIITEE 2018 Counselling had been extended till the 24th May 2018. Read full details here!
KIITEE 2018 B. Tech Counselling Dates, venue and Document to be produced at the time of reporting has been released- Visit the “Counselling procedure” section to check the updates.
KIIT, the official examination authority has declared the date of result publication for entrance exam of the year 2018. Applicants can view and download their result on 5th May 2018 on the official website by entering their application number, however, the entrance examination will be conducted from 15th April to 24th April 2018. Cut-off mark and rank card will be also published along with the result.
Step by step guide to download the Result of KIITEE 2018
KIITEE 2018 Results have been released – Click Here to Check.
- Go to the official website of KIIT – http://kiitee.eduquity.com/YEAR2018/kiit2018result/Default.aspx
- On the homepage appeared on the screen, click on “Result 2018” option.
- In the login portal, enter your KIITEE 2018 application number and click on “continue” button.
- Result in the form of PDF will display on the screen.
- Check all the information mentioned in the result carefully.
- Download and take the print out of the same for future use.
KIITEE 2018 Rank Card
The candidates who appeared in the KIIT 2018 Entrance Examination can view and download the Rank Card indicating their rank obtained in the exam by visiting the official website. The official authority shall post/courier the hard copy of the rank card to each of the shortlisted candidates.
Procedure of Tie – Breaker for various programmes/courses
In case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks, inter-se merit of such candidates shall be determined as follows:
|1.||B.Tech(4 Years):||On the basis of marks obtained in Mathematics, then in Physics and then by age (preference to older candidates).|
|2.||B.Arch:-||On the basis of marks obtained in NATA 2018 Examination.|
|3.||B.Tech. (LE)||On the basis of marks obtained in Mathematics then in Basic Electrical Engineering and and then by age. (Preference to the older candidate).|
|4.||B.Sc. Nursing||On the basis of marks obtained in Biology, then in Chemistry and then by age (Preference to older candidate).|
|5.||BBA / BCA/Bachelor in Design (Fashion/Textile)/Bachelor in Film & Television Production /BA.LLB/BBA LLB/B.Sc.LLB/ Master of Mass Communication(Integrated):||On the basis of Marks obtained in Mathematical Ability, then in Analytical Ability. Then in English and then by age. (Preference to the older candidate)|
|6.||Biotechnology- Dual Degree (B.Tech/M.Tech)(5 years):||On the basis of marks obtained in Biology, then in Chemistry and then by age (preference to older candidate).|
|7.||MCA / MCA(LE):||On the basis of the marks obtained in Computer Awareness, then Mathematics and then by age ( Preference to older candidate).|
|8.||M.Tech||Preference to Older Candidates|
|9.||M.Sc. (Applied Microbiology/Biotechnology)||On the basis of marks obtained in Biology, then Chemistry, then Mathematics and then by age. (Preference to Older Candidates).|
|10.||LLM:||Preference to Older Candidates|
Cut-off of KIITEE 2018
The official examination authority prepares the cut-off or minimum qualifying marks for the KIITEE. The cut-off marks in the form rank of KIITEE 2018 will be declared along with the publication of Result. Candidates can check the cut-off for the KIITEE 2018 by visiting the official website on 5th May 2018.
Cut-off mark determined by the official authority of the examination depends on the many factors:-
- The maximum percentage of marks scored by the candidates.
- The difficulty level of the question paper of entrance exam.
- Total Number of Candidates appeared in the examination
- Marking Scheme
- Last Year Cut-off
- The maximum percentage of marks scored by the candidates.
- As per the availability of seats in different courses
KIITEE 2018 Merit List
On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examination, the official authority of KIIT prepares the merit list. Merit list contains names of the shortlisted candidates who are eligible for the counselling round. The candidates having the higher rank in the merit list will be called for the first for the counselling. The merit list will be published on the official website after some days of the result declaration. Merit list of KIITEE 2018 is expected to be declared on the 2nd week of May 2018.
Steps to download the Merit List of KIITEE 2018
- Go to the official website of KIIT.
- On the homepage, Click on “Merit list 2018” Option.
- A new page along with the name of the programmes/courses will appear on the screen.
- Click on the appropriate programme/courses link.
- A page in PDF format will appear on the screen.
- Check the merit list properly. Download and take the print out of the same for future use.
The official authority will prepare and release the separate merit list for the following programmes :-
- Bachelor of Technology.
- Bachelor of Architecture.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) (Lateral Entry).
- Bachelor of Design(Fashion/Textile).
- Bachelor of Film & Television Production.
- Biotechnology- Dual Degree (B.Tech / M.Tech).
- Master of Technology (M. Tech)
- M, MCA/MCA(LE)
- Master of Science (Biotechnology/Applied Microbiology)
- Master of Mass Communication(Integrated)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
So candidates need to go through this article in order to know about the Result/Cut-off/Merit List of KIIT Entrance Examination for the academic session 2018.
KIITEE 2018 Counselling Dates (announced)
The Admission Committee of KIITEE 2018 has announced the Counselling dates and venue, documents/certificates to be carried during reporting at the scheduled counselling venue. The counselling dates, venue of B.Tech 2018 Admission is provided in the table below. The information regarding the same has been provided in detail below
|Date of Counselling||Time of Counselling||Category||Rank|
|10th May, 2018||8:00 a.m||General Women||1-3547|
|1:00 p.m||General Women||3548-5756|
|11th May, 2018||8:00 a.m||General||1-7378|
|12th May, 2018||8:00 a.m||General||14769-22228|
KIITEE 2018 B.tech Counselling Venue:- Counselling venue for all the dates is same. Candidates falling under a particular rank must report to the counselling venue along with all the necessary documents. The counselling venue is provided below
Campus – vi, convention centre
Kalinga institute of industrial technology(kiit),
Deemed to be university,bhubaneswar – 24
Ph. – 0674 – 2742103, 2741747
Document to be carried at the day of counselling
Candidates should produce following Certificates in original forms with one set of Xerox Copies on the day of counselling. Original Certificates will be returned after verification and Xerox Copies will be retained by the admission authority for office use.
1. KIITEE 2018 Admit Card
2. KIITEE 2018 Rank Card
3. 10th Pass Certificate / Marksheet
4. 12th Marksheet (For Pass out candidates)
5. 12th Admit Card (For Appearing Candidates)
6. Two numbers of passport size colour photographs
7. Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar. Cash payment will not be accepted. Balance fees is to be deposited by 11th June,2018.
8. Reserved category
(i) SC/SC(W)/ST/ST(W) – Relevant Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, clearly indicating the Reservation Criteria claimed by the candidate.
(ii) PC/PC(W) – Physically Challenged certificate issued by authorized Medical Board.
NOTE: Appearing Candidates, whose result is not declared by the day of counselling, can attend the counselling with an undertaking to submit the result by 30th May, 2018.
Authorization to parents for attending Counselling
Either of the parents (Father or Mother) can attend counselling on behalf of the candidate with following additional documents.
1. Authorization letter from the candidate
2. Identity proof with photograph
3. Certificate mentioning the name of the parent attending the counselling (Birth Certificate/10th Pass certificate). In such cases, admission will be purely provisional and seat allotment letter will be issued only after biometric verification of candidate.
1. Candidates have to report at the counselling venue half an hour before the time of counselling.
2. Counselling will be stopped at any time as soon as all the seats are filled up.