Anwar Jamal Kidwai (A.J.K.) Mass Communication Research Centre is a mass communication research centre located in New Delhi, India and a constituent institute of Jamia Millia Islamia. This university offers admission to the four MA (Mass Communication) and three PG diploma programmes via conducting an entrance test. The course name has been provided in the table below. The duration of the programme is 2 years (4 semesters). To know in detail about AMU Mass Communication (Mass Com) Entrance Exam for the academic year 2018, read below.
Programmes Offered by AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia are provided in the table below:
|S. No||Programmes||No. of Seats|
|1.||MA in Mass Communication||50|
|2.||MA in Convergent Journalism||20|
|3.||MA in Development Communication||20|
|4.||MA in Visual Effects & Animation||20|
|5.||PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology||20|
|6.||PG Diploma in Still Photography and Visual Communication||20|
|7.||PG Diploma in Acting||20|
- 1 Important Dates JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2018
- 2 JMI Mass Communication Admit Card/ Hall Ticket 2018
- 3 JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
- 4 JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form
- 5 JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam Pattern
- 6 JMI Mass Com Examination Center
- 7 JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2018 Result
- 8 JMI Entrance Exam 2018 Cut-off
- 9 Counselling and seat allotment process
- 10 Contact Details
Important Dates JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2018
JMI BA LLB Admit Card 2018 has been released online. Registered candidates can visit the “Admit Card” section of this article to download it.
The official authority has released the dates of the significant events related to the JMI Mass Communication (Mass Com) Entrance Exam 2018. The information regarding the same is provided in the below table. The aspirants have to appear and qualify in JMI (Mass Com) Entrance Exam 2018 to get enrolled in the Mass Com course
|1.||Release of online Application Form||02 February 2018|
|2.||Last day to register online||14th March 2018|
|3.||Application Form correction window starts from||8th March 2018|
|4.||Application Form correction window Closes on||18th March 2018|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card||8th April 2018 to 13th April 2018|
|6.||JMI (Mass Com) Entrance Exam 2018||28th April 2018|
|7.||Declaration of list of candidates shortlisted for interview and group discussion.||25th May 2018|
|8.||Interview/GD Schedule||18-23 June 2018|
|9.||Date for the announcement of rank list||June 30 to July 5 2018|
JMI Mass Communication Admit Card/ Hall Ticket 2018
The official date of publication of JMI Mass Communication Admit Card has been announced by the examination conducting authority. Candidates who successfully applied for JMI Mass Com Entrance Exam 2018, they can access their Hall Ticket in online mode by clicking on “JMI BA LLB Admit Card 2018“. Registered candidates need to enter Email ID and password to download the admit card. However, the Admit Card 2018 is scheduled to release on 8th April 2018. The registered candidates can access the hall ticket by entering the user name and password. The applicants must carry the printout of admit card on the day of examination.
JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
The official examination conducting authority has released a set of eligibility criteria for the aspirants who are willing to get admission into JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2018. Before registering and filling up the online application form of JMI (Mass Com) Entrance Exam 2018, candidates must ensure that they fit into all the eligibility criteria set by the examination conducting authority. The eligibility criteria required to apply for JMI (Mass Com) 2018 is provided in the table below.
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Age Criteria||There is no age criteria to apply for JMI (Mass Com) Entrance Exam 2018.|
|2.||Nationality||Indian Citizens, International candidates including PIO and NRI|
|Programme||Academic Qualification required|
|3.||MA in Communication||Graduation in any discipline in (10+2+3) order with not less than 50 % marks in aggregate.|
|4.||MA in Development Communication||Graduation in any stream with good understanding of social issues|
|5.||MA in Convergent Journalism||Graduation in any discipline with 50 per cent marks|
|6.||MA in Visual Effects & Animation||Graduation in any discipline in (10+2+3) order with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. The applicants must be proficient in Windows and it is desirable to have knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/ Adobe Illustrator.|
|7.||PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology|| |
|8.||PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology|| |
|9.||PG Diploma in Still Photography and Visual Communication||Graduation in any discipline (10+2+3) with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.|
JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form
The students who are willing to appear for JMI Mass Com Entrance Exam 2018, they can apply in online mode. The last date to apply for the Entrance Exam 2018 is 14th March 2018. However, the step by step guide regarding application form filling has been provided below:
Things to be kept ready in hand before filling up the application form:
- Email address & Mobile number.
- Scanned copy of coloured Photo with the white background, Signature, and Thumb Impression (Left Hand Thumb Impression for every candidate) of the Candidate in JPG format ONLY. The file size of each should be between 20KB to 100KB
- Details of the qualifying examination
- Online Banking details/Debit Card/Credit Card.
Step 1: Click on the JMI 2018 ‘Online Application Form’ link given on the top of this page.
Step 2: Fill in the details in the JMI 2018 application form that are given below.
Personal details -Educational qualification, partial scholarship, computer skills, course preference, choice of test centre, work experience, descriptive questions, skills and other details.
Step 3: Candidates also have to upload a scanned image of their recent colour passport size photograph in JPEG/ PNG format (less than 500 KB).
Step 4: Candidates can fill the application form online and also pay the fee of amount Rs. 700/- (applicable to all candidates) online via debit card/ credit card or net banking before the last date.
Step 5: Submission and printout of application form:
After paying the application fee, applicants must accept the “declare” option and submit the application form. The filled up the application form in the form of PDF will be generated on the screen. Candidates are instructed to download and take the printout of the same for future reference.
Correction in JMI Mass Com Application Form 2018
If any applicant has committed any mistake while filling up the application form, they can edit/ make changes in the application form. The form correction window will open from 8 to 18 March 2018. Registered candidates have to enter username and password in order to make necessary changes in their application form.
JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam Pattern
Every candidate who is going to appear for the exam must be aware of the exam pattern. The exam pattern of any examination includes information about the exam like the mode of the exam, marking scheme, the duration, the types of questions and the number of questions. Those who are going to take JMI Mass Com Entrance Exam 2018 and starting off with the preparation for it, they must have a look at the exam pattern given below:
|1)||JMI (Mass Com) Entrance Exam 2018||28 April 2018|
|2)||Mode of Exam||Offline (pen paper test)|
|3)||Medium of Question paper||English|
|4)||Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|7)||Type of Question||Objective and Descriptive|
|8)||Sections||Part – A (Objective/Multiple Choice Questions) |
Part – B (Subjective/Descriptive/Theory)
JMI Mass Com Examination Center
The JMI Mass Com Entrance Exam 2018 for postgraduate courses is going to conduct in many cities across India. The official examination conducting authority has released the examination centre for the test.
The examination will be conducetd in the following cities:
JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam 2018 Result
JMI 2018 Mass Communication Result 2018 for the candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be announced on May 25, 2018. The candidates who appeared in the test can access the result by entering the application number and date of birth. Based on the marks obtained by the applicants in the test, the official authority determines the cut-offs and prepares a merit list. The result or scorecard contains the marks obtained in the entrance test.
JMI Entrance Exam 2018 Cut-off
As per the official notification, the official authority will determine a cut-off for JMI Mass Com Entrance Exam 2018 few days after the test. The candidates who score equal to more than the cut-off mark, only they shall be called for the subsequent round.
The selection procedure of JMI Mass Communication 2018 will include participation in interview and analysis of portfolio. JMI 2018 Mass Communication selection procedure will be held from June 18- 23, 2018. The rank list will be declared between June 30-July 5, 2018.
The details of JMI 2018 mass communication selection procedure is given below.
- Interview (45 marks): The duration will be of 10-20 minutes or more according to the situation. Each candidate is evaluated on the basis of the following parameters –
- Knowledge of contemporary political, social, cultural and economic issues
- Knowledge of film — Fiction and Non-fiction
- Knowledge of contemporary media
- Visualization skills and creative aptitude
- General knowledge and subjects studied at graduation level
- Overall Performance (articulation, reasoning, confidence, etc.)
- Portfolio (55 marks): Candidates shortlisted for the interview have to carry with them a portfolio that provides documentary proof/evidence of their media-related work and extra-curricular activities.
The portfolio is evaluated on the basis of the following broad parameters:
- Proof of participation in social activities (involvement with NGOs or social organizations)
- Proof of online work
- Published work (Articles, stories or other work published in reputed journals and magazines)
- Proof of internship/work experience with a media house of repute
- Proof of production work (audio/visual media-based)
- Proof of participation in extra-curricular activities (debating, painting, music, theatre etc.)
Counselling and seat allotment process
The candidates will be allotted seats based on the Entrance test score and performance in the interview. Candidates can check their seat allotment by logging in to the official website. The shortlisted candidate must report to the institute in person along the following list of documents for verification.
- Class 10th Certificate or equivalent (as a proof of Date of Birth).
- Documents for relaxing period of residency
- Graduation Certificate and marksheet
- Certificate for reserved category (if applicable)
- Graduation mark-sheets and certificates
- Certificate of residence for address proof
- School/College leaving certificate
- Character certificate form the school last attended
- Class 12th Marks Sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Income Certificate for Tuition Fee waiver
- Print out of JMI Mass Com Entrance Exam 2018 Test 2018 Admit Card
- Printout of JMI Mass Com Entrance Exam 2018 Entrance Test Application Form 2018
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
A.J.K. Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia
Address: Maulana Mohammed Ali Jauhar Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Phone Number: 011 2698 728