The cut-off is the minimum marks that a candidate needs to secure in order to get qualified in any entrance exam and to become eligible for counselling. The GUJCET cut-off score will be declared by GSEB after the declaration of result.
GUJCET 2018 cut-off is expected to be announced in the month of May 2018. The examination authority will declare different cut-off separately for the candidates belonging to different categories. The candidates have to score more than or equal to the GUJCET 2018 cut-off marks to be eligible for admission in various government/private institutes of Gujarat.
GUJCET 2018 Cut-off
The cut off will depend on several factors. Here are some of the important factors on which the cut off marks will depend on :-
- Total number of applicants appearing in GUJCET 2018.
- Previous year cut-off marks.
- Number of seats available in the institutes/colleges of Gujarat.
- Yearly intake of candidates under the examination
- Highest and lowest scores obtained by the applicants
Steps to check GUJCET 2018 Cutoff
- Go to the official website www.gseb.org
- Candidates have to enter the required credentials like application number, date of birth, name in the specified fields.
- The displayed page will contain GUJCET cutoff marks for the counselling/admission.
Important Information on GUJCET 2018
- The Admission Committee for Professional Courses will declare the Cutoff marks for entry into the institutes on the basis of the performance in GUJCET 2018 exam and eligibility of the candidate.
- The candidates will be further shortlisted for Counselling/Seat Allotment process.
- There will be verification of documents for the admission and if any discrepancies are found then the candidate may lose his/her seat. Therefore it is important to submit valid documents at the time of Counselling.
- It must be noted that the candidates will be called for counselling according to their ranks in the Merit List prepared by GUJCET 2018 conducting body.
GUJCET 2018 Seat Reservation
In most of the entrance examination, there is a definite number of seats reserved for the candidates belonging to special categories in the participating institute by the examination conducting authority. Special category candidates here refers to SC/ST/OBC etc. Candidates have to mention their category while filling up the application form in order to avail the seats reserved for them.
The examination authority of GUJCET reserves a definite number of seats in participating college/Institutes for the candidates belonging to special categories. Candidates have to mention their reservation category while filling the application form of GUJCET 2018. Students claiming reservation are required to produce valid documents/certificates in the prescribed format at the time of counselling in order to avail the benefit of GUJCET reserved seats. The seat matrix of GUJCET 2018 will be uploaded here as soon as it is released by GSEB.
Candidates belonging to below mentioned special categories are eligible to apply under reserved seats of GUJCET 2018 only if they produce valid document in support of their claiming category:-
|S.No||Category||Percentage of seat reserved out of 100%|
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||7%|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||15%|
|3||Other Backward Class (OBC) (Socially and Educationally backward classes including widow and orphan of any caste)||27%|
|4||Unreserved Economically weaker sections||10%|
|5||Physically Disabled Category||3%|
|6||Children of Defence Personnal and Ex – Servicemen||1%|
Highlights of GUJCET 2018 Seat Reservation
- Candidates who belong to reserved category of GUJCET 2018 will have to mention their category while filling up the application form and produce their certificates whenever asked by the authority.
- The applicants will have to fulfil the reservation criteria of GUJCET 2018.
- The socially and educationally backward classes will be required to produce a certificate to the effect that they should not be included in creamy layer.
- The certificate should be signed and stamped by the concerned authorities.
- If the documents submitted by the applicants are found invalid during verification, then the applicants will not be allowed to claim a seat under reservation.
- If a reserved category candidate gets admission in an unreserved seat in order of merit list, then he/she may be alloted seats in the unreserved seat as per his/her preference.
- The vacant seats left after the completion of the admission of the reserved category will be transfered to the unreserved category.
- It is important for the candidates to fulfill the GUJCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria and be on the Merit List of GUJCET 2018 for counselling/admission procedure.
- If an applicant fails to submit the certificates within the specified date, then their application under GUJCET 2017 Reservation of Seats will be considered under the unreserved category for admission.