CSAB NEUT 2018: Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) is in charge of conducting the seat allotment process for all the candidates who have got an All India Rank (AIR) In the JEE Main 2018. Aspirants can check all the information related to the CSAB NEUT 2018 counselling procedure in this article. The counselling registration for 12 north eastern states and territories has been started by CSAB from 21st June and will be carried on till 6th July 2018. Get full details about counselling Schedule, counselling procedure and more in this article.
Top 20 Percentile Cutoff 2018 Marks as Received from Different Boards / Councils has been published. Click here to check.
The Online registration for candidates has begun from 21st June 2018 and will be available till 6th July 2018. Click here to Register
CSAB NEUT 2018 Counselling schedule released. Get the dates in the table below!
Important Dates CSAB NEUT 2018
Check out all the dates released officially given in the table below.
|1||Online provisional Registration [Engg. & Arch.]||June 21 – July 06 (Midnight), 2018|
|2||• Online provisional Registration [Pharmacy] |
• Checking of domicile and category certificates by state centers and finalization of registration [Pharmacy]
• Filling Up the Choices [Pharmacy]
|June 21 – July 17 (Midnight), 2018|
|3||Checking of domicile and category certificates by state centers, Finalization of registration [Engg. & Arch.]||June 21- July 08 (Midnight), 2018|
|4||Filling Up the Choices [Engg. & Arch.]||July 10 [10 am] – July 17 [Midnight], 2018|
|5||1st Round of Seat Allotment.||July 19, 2018 (5 PM)|
|6||Reporting at the Reporting Centers Against 1st Round of Allotment||July 20- July 24, 2018 (5 PM)|
|7||2nd Round of Seat Allotment||Jul 26, 2018 (5 PM)|
|8||Reporting at the Reporting Centers Against 2nd Round of Allotment||Jul 27- July 31, 2018 (5 PM)|
|9||Seat Withdrawal||Aug 01-03, 2018|
|10||Spot Round to be Declared by State Centers||Aug 05-08, 2018|
|11||Reporting at the admitting Institute||Aug 09-14, 2018|
Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) 2018 conducts various allocations for students aspiring to seek admission in B.Tech/B.Arch programmes in various institutes. Like JoSAA, the CSAB NEUT counselling is conducted for admissions into participating institutes for students belonging to 12 North Eastern States and Union Territories (namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep).
As these states do not have engineering institutes and also lack the facility of education in technical field, the Government of India reserves certain number of seats in the private and government engineering and Technology institutes across the states of India.
CSAB NEUT (North-Eastern States And Union Territories) Eligibility Criteria
CSAB NEUt 2018 is being conducted for students who belong to the north-eastern states. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2018 are eligible to register.
- The candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
List of Qualifying Examinations
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
State of Domicile
Different states/UTs have different set of rules for defining their domicile conditions. Candidates are advised to go through the section of ‘Business Rules’ for these conditions. They are strongly advised to check the conditions of their domicile state/UT. In case of lack of information or confusion, they should contact the Directorate of Technical/Higher Education of their state/UT (which is also Reporting cum help Centre for CSAB NEUT2018) for clarification as needed. CSAB NEUT-2018 has no role in defining the conditions of domicile for any participating state/UT.
CSAB NEUT Seat Allotment Procedure 2018
The following stages are involved in the CSAB NEUT 2018 allocation procedure:
- Online registration – In this stage, candidates will be required to register online using their JEE Main 2018 roll Number and password.
- Choice Filling, saving and Locking – Candidates will be required to enter their choices of B. Tech branches and institutes. Candidates must save and lock the choices before the last date of locking. After locking, candidates must take a print out of the choices filled, sign it and take it to the reporting center.
- Seat Allotment – the choices filled in by the candidate will be centrally processed and candidates will be allotted seats based on the order of their merit according to the JEE Main AIR and the choices filled. Candidates have to check the seat allotment result online on this page. No candidate will be sent individual seat allotment letters. Candidates have to download and take printout of the seat allotment letter and visit the reporting centre.
- Reporting to the Center – Candidates will then be required carry the requisite documents, a demand draft of Rs. 2000 and a printout of the seat allotment letter. Candidate have to personally report to their Home State/UT reporting centers with these documents.
Candidates have to carry the following documents for verification at the time of reporting to the Reporting Centre:
- Printout of locked choices and terms and conditions duly signed by the candidate
- Printout of Provisional Allotment Letter
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Original documents and a set of photocopy of the following for verification
- Photo ID proof as per Government of India norms
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- JEE Main Score Card 2018 issued by CBSE (downloaded score card is acceptable)
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate for proof of date of birth
- Certificate and Marks sheet of qualifying examination
- Demand Draft of Rs 2000 drawn in favor of ‘MNIT Jaipur CSAB 2018’
- Category/subcategory/caste/sub-caste certificate (if applicable), issued by the competent authority
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) Certificate (if applicable) issued from a duly constituted Medical Board. The certificate should stand valid up to September 15, 2018.
- Proof of place of examination center of the final examination from the National Open School for candidates having Senior Secondary Certificate (required for determining the ‘State of eligibility’)
- One passport size photograph identical to the one pasted on the JEE Main 2018 application form
Provisional Admission Letter
Candidates who have completed all the formalities will be given a provisional admission letter. This letter will carry all the details like details of the candidate, details of the institute and the allotted B.Tech branch, counselling fee (deposited) details, and the Option (I or II or III) exercised by the candidate for subsequent round of allotment.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Finally all the candidates will be required to report to the allotted institute according the prescribed schedule. In case candidates fail to report to the allotted institute within the specified time, then the candidates claim to the allotted seat will be cancelled.
CSAB NEUT Spot Round
After Round 1 and 2 have been successfully completed, and there are seats that remain vacant, a spot round will be held. The schedule for spot round will be announced by the respective Directorate of Technical Education (DTEs) of the states or UTs. Candidates must keep visiting the respective websites in order to keep a track of the spot round dates.