|Application Open for MAHE Entrance Test (Manipal Univ)||Apply Now!!|
AP EDCET 2019 is a common entrance test conducted by the CONVENER, AP EDCET- 2019, Institute of Advanced Study in Education (IASE), Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. The test is held to provide admission to meritious candidates into B.Ed regular courses in the university, Government, aided and private colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The test is held in the month of April and the application form rolls out from the month of February.
This article shall acquaint you with the important aspects of the exam such as important dates, eligibility, application process, hall ticket, results and admission process.
- 1 Important Dates For AP EDCET 2019
- 2 Eligibility To Appear For AP EDCET-2019
- 3 Application Procedure For AP EDCET 2019
- 4 AP EDCET Admit Card / Hall Ticket 2019
- 5 Exam Pattern And Syllabus For AP EDCET 2019
- 6 Answer Keys of AP EDCET 2019
- 7 Qualifying Marks And Result of AP EDCET 2019
- 8 AP EDCET 2019 Counselling
- 9 AP EDCET Seat Reservations
Important Dates For AP EDCET 2019
Eligibility To Appear For AP EDCET-2019
The eligibility conditions that a candidate must fulfil in order to appear for the AP Ed. CET-2019 are as follows:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian national.
- Local/ Non-Local status: The candidate must satisfy the local/non-local status conditions as laid down in the Andhra Educational institutions.
Description of local and non-local candidates are given below
|Local candidates for whom 85% seats are reserved||Candidates who studied for a minimum of four consecutive years ending with the qualifying exam in an institution located in the three university areas viz. Andhra University, Sri Venkateshwara University and Osmania University.
Candidates who resided at the three university areas for four consecutive years preceding the date of qualifying exam even if they didn’t study at the university there.
Candidates who studied for a minimum of seven consecutive years ending with the qualifying exam in the state.
Candidates who resided in the state for seven consecutive years preceding the date of qualifying exam even if they didn’t study at an institute there.
|Non- Local candidates who can apply for the remaining 15% seats|| Candidates who have resided in the State for a total period of ten years excluding periods of study outside the State.Candidates either of whose parents is in the employment of this State or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and similar other quasi-public institutions within the State.
Spouses of government employees in the state.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have the following educational qualifications:
- Candidates should have passed/appearing for final year examinations of B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science)/B.Com./ B.C.A./B.B.M. at the time of submitting the Application for APEd.CET-2019
- The qualifying exam must be passed with a minimum of 50% marks. However, the candidates belonging to S.C., S.T., B.C. (A/B/C/D/E) and physically handicapped categories should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Age Limit: The candidate must have completed 19 years of age by 21st July 2019
The application process shall be online only. In order to fill the online application form visit the website www.sche.ap.gov.in/edcet and click on the “Online Application” option.
The category-wise application fees are as follows:
ST/SC Rs. 400/-
Others Rs. 600/-
- Click on the “Fee Payment” Tab. A webpage as shown below shall appear:
Fill in the details required and then click on “Initiate Payment button”
- You will be led to the AP Online Payment Gateway where you can select the mode of payment credit card or debit card or net banking.
- Select your desired mode of payment and follow the instructions.
- On successful payment, the following webpage shall appear:
Fill the AP EDCET application form
Click on the “Proceed to fill Application” tab after payment.
You shall be required to fill the following details:
- Candidate Details: You are required to fill in the following details:
- candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar/Enrolment Number
- Birth District
- Birth State
- Ration card number
- Caste Category
- Special Reservation Category
- Local Area
- Minority/ Non-minority
- Annual Income of Parents
- Bank Details of Candidates
- Address: You are required to fill the following details regarding your address:
- House Number
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number, Alternate Mobile Number and Telephone Number
- Email ID
- Enter the details about your Educational qualifications
- Select the Exam Centre: The AP EDCET will be conducted in Anantapuramu, Chittoor, Tirupathi, Kadapa, Kurnool, Nandyal, Nellore, Ongole, Guntur, Vijayawada, Bhimavaram, Kakinada, Rajamahendravaram, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, and Srikakulam
- Upload Photo and Signature in the following format and size:
- Photograph .jpg or .jpeg Less than 50 kb
- Signature .jpg or .jpeg Less than 30kb
Save and Preview / Submit
- After furnishing ALL correct particulars and data, read the declaration at the end of the page and select the checkbox if you are done with Online Application Form filling. Then, click on save to save the data.
- If you are sure of the data entered, you can Preview/submit the online application.
Modify and Confirm/Freeze
- Once the online application is Submitted, two more buttons pop up MODIFY and CONFIRM/FREEZE.
- Modify button enables the candidate to re-inspect the entire application to correct any error or mistake in the saved application.
- After the data is modified and saved, it needs to be confirmed by clicking on CONFIRM/FREEZE to finally submit the application. The data in the application is frozen and no more editing is allowed.
Save the “Filled in Online Application Form”
- Take a print out of the “Filled in Online Application Form”
- It should be submitted to the test centre.
- Note the Registration number for future reference.
AP EDCET Admit Card / Hall Ticket 2019
The hall ticket shall have all the information regarding the Roll no., Exam centre, date and time of the exam etc. It is mandatory for the candidate to bring the hall ticket to the examination centre.
It is advisable that the candidates go through the instructions given on the hall ticket before appearing for the test at the designated centre.
Please retain the hall ticket after the entrance examination as it will be required for the completion of the admission procedure.
Exam Pattern And Syllabus For AP EDCET 2019
Following are the highlights of the exam pattern of the AP EDCET 2019:
The question paper shall be divided into 3 parts: Part A, Part B and Part C. Part A and Part B are common for all and for the Part C, candidates can select from choices of methodology. The details of the parts and distribution of marks are given in the table below.
|Part||Content||No. of questions||Marks|
|Part A||General English||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge||15||15|
|Part C||Subject Methodology||100||100|
The candidate has to select one from the following subjects for PART C and the choice has to be made in the application form:
|Methodology||No. of Questions||No. of marks||Eligibility|
|Mathematics||100||100||Candidate with B.A./B.Sc. /B.E/B.Tech. With mathematics as one of the subjects
B.C.A. candidates with Mathematics at the intermediate level as a group subject.
|Candidates with B.Sc/ B.E/ B.Tech who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences as one of the subjects.
BCA candidates in Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at the intermediate level as group subject.
|Candidates with B.Sc./B.Sc.(Home Science) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Science
B.C.A. candidates with Biological Sciences at the intermediate level as group subject.
|All candidates with B.A./B.Com./B.B.M. or B.C.A. candidates with Social Sciences at the intermediate level as group subject|
|English||100||100||Candidates with B.A. Special English / B.A. English literature or M.A. English|
Answer Keys of AP EDCET 2019
The AP EDCET 2019 answer key shall be available on the website www.sche.ap.gov.in/edcet soon after the exam is conducted. Download a copy of it and compare the answers to the question paper. The answer keys are important as they give an insight into the performance of the candidate in the test. Also in case of any discrepancy in the answers, the grievance can be filed for correction.
Note that in case of any grievance, it must be filed within 3 days of the release of answer keys. After that, no intimation shall be entertained regarding answer keys.
Qualifying Marks And Result of AP EDCET 2019
Candidates shall be required to enter their Registration number and date of birth to view the result.
The qualifying marks for the entrance is 37 out of 150 i.e 25%. However, consider the following exceptions:
- There shall be no minimum qualifying marks for ST/SC candidates.
- There shall be no minimum qualifying marks for women in Physical Sciences/Mathematics methodologies.
A merit list shall be prepared for all the qualifying candidates according to the marks obtained in the entrance exam. In case of a tie i.e students securing same marks in the exam, the following order of priority shall be followed for ranking:
- Part C marks
- Part A marks
- Age of candidate. The Older candidate shall be ranked higher.
In the Web Counseling, candidates can select a college of their choice online after getting their certificates verified at any one of Helpline Centres. The web counselling procedure shall include the following steps:
Issue of Notification
- The Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education will issue a notification in newspapers and place the details of counselling indicating the dates and ranks of the candidates to be attended for Registration, Verification of Certificates and Schedule for Exercising options and also notify the list of Help-line Centres in the designated website.
- Candidates who fail to report for Certificates verification will not be considered for allotment of seats in any of the colleges.
The candidate has to be present at the designated Helpline centre on the designated date and get their documents verified.
Candidates should produce the following certificates:
- Hall ticket of AP EdCET
- Rank Card of AP EdCET
- SSC, Intermediate, Degree Marks Memo
- Study/ Bonafide Certificate for SEVEN academic years preceding the year of passing a qualifying examination
- Integrated Caste Certificate of SC/ST/BC/Minorities (if applicable
- Residence certificate / Aadhar card proof of candidate/parents in Andhra Pradesh for a period of 10 years
- Income Certificate issued by MRO issued after 1st January of the year of admission [ valid for three years from the date of issue] (in case the candidate desires to claim fee exemption).
PH/NCC/CAP/Sports and Games Certificates (if applicable)
• Transfer Certificate.
• Candidates will be issued a receipt of Certificates at Help-line Centres after Verification.
- After the verification process is done with, candidates will be given a login ID on their registered mobile number.
- Create a password using registration number, hall ticket number and date of birth on the official website https://apedcet.nic.in.
- Log in to the official website using the login ID, the above-mentioned credentials and the password you created for option entry.
- Use the OTP that you shall receive on successful login to enter the preferential choice number (option) for each college that you wish to join in case allotted.
- Select the maximum number of options you can and get a print out of the saved options.
Modification of Options and Freezing
The selected options can be changed any number of times during the allotted time.
- If after the allotted time is over, the candidate is yet not satisfied with the saved options, the authority shall give another opportunity to modify them.
- The seats shall be frozen after this and no further modifications can be done.
Final Allotments of Seats
The final allotment order shall be released on the web.
- Candidates must download the allotment letter and must report through self-reporting system and also report at the allotted college.
- Note that both reporting through self-reporting system and reporting at college are important. Doing just one shall not suffice and candidature may be cancelled.
AP EDCET Seat Reservations
Admission to 85% of the seats in each methodology shall be reserved for the local candidates and 15% of the seats shall be left unreserved as specified in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions
The following percentage of seats are reserved in each of the categories:
OC (open competition) 50%
SC (Scheduled caste) 15%
ST (schedule Tribe) 6%
BC (backward classes) 29%
NCC (national cadet corps) 1%
PH (Physically Handicapped) 3%
CAP (Children Of Armed Personnel) 2%
That’s an overview of all the aspects of the AP B.Ed CET 2019 for admissions into B.Ed programme at colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Keep Visiting our website for the latest updates and information.