MHT CET stands for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. It is also known as Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET). This is a state level examination conducted annually by the Government of Maharashtra. MHT CET is taken by candidates to take admission to Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Pharm.D courses offered in the Government, Government- aided, University managed and Unaided colleges/ Institutes of Maharashtra.
DTE Maharashtra decides the exam pattern for MHCET. Exam pattern usually includes the mode of exam, marking scheme, total number of questions, the type of questions, etc. For better preparation of the exam, every candidate must clearly know the exam pattern of MH CET 2018.
- MHT CET 2018 will be conducted in offline (pen-paper) mode.
- Candidates will have to appear for 3 papers i.e. Paper 1 – Mathematics and Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry and Paper 3 – Biology (botany and zoology)
- Each paper will be held for 90 minutes.
- The question paper will be marked out of 100 each.
- Questions in Paper 1 will be marked out of 2 mark each while questions asked in Paper 2 and Paper 3 will be marked out 1 marks each.
- Paper 1 will be conducted in English only and Paper 2 and 3 will be held in Eglish, Hindi and Marathi.
|Paper||Subject||Total questions||Marks per quetsions||Total marks|
|Paper 2||Physics and Chemistry||50 + 50||1||100|
|Paper 3||Biology (Botany) |
MHT CET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of MH CET 2018 comprises of topics from Physics, chemistry and mathematics of class 12th of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. The revised syllabus also includes topics from class 11th but according to the new notification, it will carry only 20% weightage. The rest 80% weightage will be given to Class 12th Physics, chemistry and Mathematics.
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, , States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Redox Reactions, Surface Chemistry, Nature of Chemistry Bond, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals), Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry, Alkanes. Structure of Atom, Periodic Table, Chemical Equilibrium, p-Block Elements, Alkenes, Alkynes, Aromatic Compounds, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions and Colligative Properties, Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic, Electro-chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block elements Group 15 elements, d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes (and arenes), Alcohols, Phenols and Ether Alcohol, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carbooxylic Acids, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen. Biomolecules Carbohydrates, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Trigonometric Functions, Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Sequences & Series, Probability. Measurement of Angles, Locus, Vectors, Linear In-equations, Determinants, Matrices, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Permutations & Combinations, Mathematical Induction and Binomial Theorem, Limits, Differentiation, Integration, Statistics, Mathematical Logic Statements, Matrices, Trigonometric Functions, Pair of Straight Lines, Circle, Conics, Vectors, Three Dimensional Geometry, Line, Plane, Linear Programming Problems, Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivative, Integration, Applications of Definite Integral, Differential Equation, Statistics, Probability Distribution and Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Distribution.
Measurements, Scalars and Vectors, Force, Friction in Solids and Liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray Optics, Magnetic Effect of Electric Current, Magnetism. Projectile Motion, Sound Waves, Thermal Properties of Matter, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Waves Circular Motion, Gravitation, Rotational Motion, Oscillations, Elasticity, Surface Tension, Wave Motion, Stationary Waves, Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation, Wave Theory of Light, Interference and Diffraction, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Magnetism, Electromagnetic Inductions, Electrons and Photons, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Semiconductors and Communication Systems.
MHT CET 2018 Exam Centers List
MHT CET 2018 will be conducted by DTE, Maharashtra in 36 cities and towns of Maharashtra. Candidates will have to choose the exam center at the time of filling up the application form. The number of exam centers may vary according to the number of candidates who have opted to give the exam in that particular center. It is better if the candidate chooses the exam center nearest to his/her residing place. Candidates are advised to visit the exam center a day prior to the day of the exam to avoid any situation of getting lost or reaching the exam center late.
Here is a list of few exam centers expected to be listed for MH CET 2018:
- mumbai Sub-urban