CBSE opened the Application Form Correction window for the candidates who applied for UGC NET July 2018 exam. Today (01 May 2018) is the last date for Application Form Correction. Candidate who is required to make any form of changes in the Application form has to do it within the given time. Once the window is made unavailable there will be no other way of altering the Application form. The last date for UGC NET July 2018 Application Form submission was on 12th April 2018. The link for Application Form Correction window is available in the article below.
National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by Central Board of Secondary education (CBSE) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) for determining the eligibility of Indian Nationals for the post of Assistant Professor only, or Jointly for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor.
UGC NET is now held once in a year in 84 subjects at 91 selected cities of examination across India. The next session of NET is going to be held in June 2018.
Important Dates For UGC NET 2018
The important dates for UGC NET 2018 are as follows:
|Application procedure begins||6th March 2018|
|End of application date||12th April 2018|
|Admit card download begins||June 2018|
|Date of Exam||8th July 2018|
Please sort the following things out before proceeding to fill the online UGC NET application form:
- You have a valid Aadhaar number/ Aadhaar enrollment number.
- You are sure where you shall be on the date of the exam. Choose the centre accordingly.
- You are eligible to apply for the examination.
- Choose which of the following options you want to apply for:
- JRF and Assistant Professor
- Assistant professor alone
- You have valid documentary proof of the special categories you are applying through.
- You have all the correct information regarding your personal and educational details as mentioned in your official documents.
Corrections In The UGC NET 2018 Application Form
After the application filing date is over, CBSE has opened the correction window for the required changes in the particulars of the Application Form. The changes can be made from 25th April 2018 to 1st May 2018. For the link of Application Correction window click here.
Candidates will be required to login by providing their Application Number and Password in the given link. It should be noted that the changes should be made only to the sections where required. The corrections made at this time will not be altered once the Application is submitted and the correction window closes. The UGC Net July 2018 exam will be conducted on 8th July 2018. Only the candidates who have successfully filled up and submitted the Application form will be able to appear for the exam.
How To Fill The UGC NET 2018 Application Form
Before proceeding to apply for UGC NET 2018 ensure that you have gone through the information bulletin and confirmed that you are not exempted from appearing in the UGC NET 2018 exam.
Please note that the application process shall entirely be online and no form shall be available offline. You are also not required to post any form or documents to UGC after filling the form.
The UGC NET 2018 Application Form Procedure includes the following steps
- Fill the UGC NET 2018 Application Form.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Pay the examination fee.
- Print confirmation page.
Fill the UGC NET 2018 Application Form
- Visit the website https://cbsenet.nic.in and click on the link “APPLY FOR NET 2018”
- Click on the tab “Apply for July 2018”.
- Read all the information given on the page and click on “Proceed to Apply online”
- You shall be required to furnish the following information:
- Exam related details: Post applied for, Exam Centre etc.
- Personal Details
- Education Qualifications
- Mailing Address
- Aadhaar Number (necessary to apply)
- Password generation
- You shall be notified on the mobile number and e-mail ID you provided on registration.
- Please ensure that you have applied for the subject you pursued during your post-graduation. If that subject is not listed, go for a related subject.
Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the following format and sizes:
|Photograph||4-40 kb||3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)||JPG|
|Signature||4- 30 kb||3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height)||JPG|
Please make sure you have the scanned documents ready in the prescribed sizes and dimensions before going to fill the form.
Pay the Examination fees
- The category wise application fees are as follows:
|Category||General||OBC (non-creamy layer)||ST/SC/PwD|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
The Application Fee can be paid in two ways:
- Credit/Debit card at the payment gateway. The following extra charges shall apply on payment through credit/debit cards:
- Credit card: – 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card: – 0.75% of examination fee plus the service tax as applicable
- e-challan: generate the e-challan and print it out and pay the fee at any branch of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank.
After payment of the examination fee, please check the status of fee payment at CBSE website (www.cbsenet.nic.in ) and if the status is ‘OK’ you will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page.
- In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ then you are advised as following:
- If the fee is paid through e-challan by depositing cash in above-mentioned banks, the candidate should immediately contact the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
- If the fee is paid by credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is canceled and the amount will be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within a week. Such candidates have to pay the fee once again.
Print the confirmation page
After successful payment, you shall be directed to the confirmation page. Make sure you take a print out for future reference.