SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019: The tentative list of SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme selected students is now available. The students who belong to the state Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand and Maharashtra are eligible for this scholarship. Those who have passed class 12 exam in any discipline from the state board, CBSE, ICSE with 60% marks are eligible to apply. Other than these criteria, there are other conditions which the applicants should meet in order to get the scholarship amount.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The concerned authority will shortlist 250 applications based on some criteria and pay them Rs.2000/- every month throughout the regular course after class 12th. Applicants must read this article to know how to apply and rest of the procedure of SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019.
The Candidates Can Now Download The SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Tentative List. The Tentative List of Selected Students Mentions The Name Of The Selected Candidates. It Is Released State & Category Wise.
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
SJVN Ltd., a Mini Ratna and Schedule ‘A’ Central Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India, is a joint venture between Government of India and Government of Himachal Pradesh. The company has adopted its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy to make a meaningful contribution towards the sustainable socio-economic development of communities through various programs.
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Starting Dates
As of now, check the tentative date of the scholarship events.
|S. No||Event name||Date|
|1.||SJVN Application form starting date||2nd week of Oct 2019|
|2.||SJVN Document Verification date||Nov 2019|
|3.||SJVN Merit List publication date||Dec 2019|
|4.||SJVN Scholarship amount provided||Jan 2019|
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Applicant’s who are willing to apply for the scholarship must possess the below-mentioned eligibility criteria. Before going to fill up the registration form, candidate’s should check the desired eligibility criteria mentioned below. Eligibility criteria related to age, academic qualification etc are explained below.
|1.||Academic qualification||The students who have secured minimum 60% or its equivalent grade in 12th class examination in any discipline from a school under State Education Board, CBSE or ICSE in the immediately preceding academic session. Eligibility for the percentage of marks for BPL will be 50% and for PWD pass marks.|
|2.||Eligibility of state for the students||States of Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh and Maharashtra.|
|3.||Domicile||There will be no domicile restriction for the students for eligibility for the scheme. Recipients of any other scholarship will not be eligible for getting this SJVN scholarship.|
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Scholarship Amount Details
Total of 250 students will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. two thousands only) per month for pursuing regular course for the whole duration of next higher course after class 12th like bachelors degree in Engineering, Medical, Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Veterinary/ Business Administration/ Computer Applications/ LLB (5 years course)/ CA etc. The allocation of the scholarship will be as per the following:
|Category / State||HP (All districts)||Uttrakhand (Distt Uttarkashi and Chamoli)||Bihar (Distt Buxar)||Maharashtra (Distt Ahmednagar)||Total|
NOTE: Abbreviations used in table- State Board=S, CBSE/ISC= CI, Total=T. The merit of CBSE and ISC will be merged.
SJVN Scholarship Amount
Total 250 shortlisted students will be granted scholarship throughout their regular course. Rs.2000/- per month will be provided for the whole duration of net higher education program after class 12.
|S. No||Regular course year||Per month (Rs.)||Total (in a year)|
Shortlisted eligible students will get the following total scholarship amount for the whole duration of the regular course.
- The total scholarship amount for the 3 years course – Rs.72000/-
- The scholarship amount for the 4 years course – Rs.96000/-
- The amount for the 5 years course – Rs.120000/-
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Eligible Course
Selected students shall be eligible for the scholarship if they pursue the following regular course after class 12th.
- Veterinary, Business Administration
- Computer Applications
- LLB or MBBS etc.
How to Apply for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
To apply for the scholarship, student’s need to meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above. The Scholarship Scheme 2019 will be available on the official website in the 2nd week of Oct 2019. Follow the steps below to apply for the SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019.
- The Application form can be downloaded from SJVN website or from the outsourced agency’s website or can be obtained from other sources also such as notified in newspapers.
- The filled-in application should be enclosed with a photograph of the student and mark sheet of Class 12th examination.
- The duly filled in application should be attested by the Principal of the school/ institute from which the student is pursuing a higher course after passing 12th class.
- The filled-in application must be submitted/ sent to SJVN (below mention address) or the outsourced agency by the last date as notified. No application will be accepted after the last date under any circumstances.
Himachal Consultancy Organization Ltd.
1st Floor Shree Niketan,
Lower Panthaghati (Near IT Bhawan)
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Selection Procedure
Duly filled SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship application forms will be screened by the concerned authority. The committee/ agency will shortlist the candidates on the basis of the following factors:
(i) Rank obtained by the student in terms of marks/ equivalent grade obtained in 10+2 Board Examination.
(ii) In case of a tie of the ranking, the candidate of higher age will be preferred.
(iii) The shortlisted candidates will be called for the screening with all original academic certificates and testimonials. Mere submission of the application will not guarantee the eligibility for the scholarship.
(iv) SJVN will have the right to accept or reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage without assigning reasons.
(v) If sufficient applications are not received in a particular board/ category then the vacant seats can be filled by other boards with the approval of Chairman SJVN Foundation.
Highlights of SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019
Some significant points are mentioned below related to the Scholarship programme. Please go through the below-mentioned points carefully.
- In the states of Bihar, Maharashtra, and Uttrakhand the first 50% seats will be earmarked for the students studying in the schools situated under Project Affected Area (PAA) villages and then remaining 50% for the district(s) in which the project is located. However, the vacant seats in one category will be considered for the other category with the approval of Chairman, SJVN Foundation.
- The list of PAA villages will be provided by the respective projects to the implementing agency.
- The scholarship will be provided annually subject to the passing of the previous year/session examination successfully. The scholarship will be discontinued for the succeeding year/session if a student fails to pass the examination or passes the examination through supplementary examination.
- The student will be required to submit the prescribed requisition form for the scholarship for the release of the scholarship. The first instalment of scholarship to the students will be provided on some special occasion like SJVN Raising day, Republic day, Teacher’s day etc.
If you have any doubt related to SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019, feel free to drop in your query in the comment box given below.
Other Scholarship In India