Odisha MBBS Admission 2019 will take place in July 2019. The Admission will be held based on the NEET 2019 Scores. The conducting body of Odisha MBBS Admission is Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE). Through NEET Scores, candidates will be offered seats in various Medical and Dental Colleges in Odisha. Candidates who are interested in getting admissions in MBBS Courses can check out this article to get all the information about the Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees, Process etc. As you know that, the NEET has replaced the AIPMT and other State Level Entrance Examinations. Therefore in order to get a seat in Medical Colleges of Odisha, candidates have to qualify NEET. Admission to MBBS Courses in Odisha will be provided to 85% State Quota Seats and 15% All India Quota Seats. Read the article further to know more about the Admission.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Odisha MBBS Admission 2019
The Dates that we have mentioned down below is tentative. The Official Dates for Odisha MBBS Admission is not yet announced. Candidates who are interested in the course can check out the tentative dates.
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of Online Registration and Application Form 2019||July 2019|
|List of the Registered Applicants will be published on||July 2019|
|The Date for Document Verification||July 2019|
|Publication of State Merit List||July 2019|
|The Date of Choice Filling and Locking||July 2019|
|The Release of Provisional Allotment/ Admission letter (1st Round)||July 2019|
|The Date of Provisional and Joining (1st Round)||August 2019|
|Display of Vacant Seat||August 2019|
|The Date of Choice Filling and Locking||August 2019|
|The Release of Provisional Allotment/ Admission Letter (2nd Round)||August 2019|
|The Date of Provisional and Joining (2nd Round)||August 2019|
|New Session will commence from||August 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha MBBS Admission 2019
Candidates who are seeking admission in MBBS and BDS will have to satisfy a certain eligibility criterion. The Eligibility Criteria include- Age limit, Educational Qualifications and, Domicile Criteria.
- The Minimum Age of the candidate must be 17 years as on 31st December 2019/+.
- There is no upper age provision
- Candidates should possess a permanent domicile in Odisha.
- Candidates must have passed 12th(Matriculation) having subjects Chemistry, Physics and English individually.
- Must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (Non-reserved category) and 40% marks for (Reserved Category) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Minimum Qualifying Percentage and Marks for Odisha MBBS Admission 2019
The Minimum Qualifying percentage of marks is sorted based on the Categories. The Minimum Qualifying Percentage of Marks is as follows-
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|ST/SC/OBC (including PWD Reserved Candidates)||40%||96|
NEET 2019 Exam
Applicants who are interested in MBSS and BDS Admissions will have to qualify NEET 2019 Exam. Candidates have to qualify a minimum qualifying percentage of 50% marks for Non-Reserved Category and 40% for Reserved Category in the NEET Exam.
Odisha MBBS Application Form 2019
The Odisha MBBS Application Form is to be available in July 2019 (tentative). The Application Form will be available online only. Candidates have to provide their correct details. Candidates will have to upload photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned.
How to Apply Odisha MBBS Application Form 2019 Online?
The step by step procedure to fill the Application Form of Odisha MBBS Online is as follows-
Stage 1- Registration Process
This is the first stage of the Online Application Form Filling Process.
- Visit the official website of Odisha JEE- wwwodishajee.com
- Click on “New Candidate Registration” Link.
- Click on “I Agree” and proceed.
- Enter the basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-Mail ID etc.
- Click on Submit.
- You will be allotted with a Registration Number and Password, which is your Login Credentials.
Stage 2 – Fill in Academic Details
- In this stage, candidates have to fill in their Academic Details such as Class 12thMarks, NEET Scores and Rank.
- Candidates must submit their proper academic details. If a candidate enters wrong information, then the application form might get rejected.
- The details that have been mentioned in the application form will be verified in the Document Verification Round.
Stage 3 – Upload Photograph and Signature and Make Fee Payment
- Candidates have to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications.
- Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, make the payment of the application fees.
Stage 4 – Final Submission
- Once you have completed filling all the details, recheck the details and click on the submit button.
- Take the printout of the Application Form and keep it safe for future reference.
Application Fees of Odisha MBBS Application Form 2019
The Application fees for both Reserved and Unreserved Category is Rs 1000/-. Candidates can make the payment of the Application fees both offline and online (Debit/Credit/ Net Banking/ Challan).
Odisha MBBS and BDS Merit List 2019
The Odisha MBBS Merit list 2019 will be released online on the official website of OJEE. The Merit List of Odisha MBBS 2019 will contain the name of the candidates whose marks qualify the selection criteria of NEET 2019. Candidates whose names appear on the merit list will be called out for the counselling procedure.
The Merit List of Odisha MBBS Admission 2019 will contain the Name of the Candidate, NEET Scores, NEET Rank, State Common Rank, Category etc.
Odisha MBBS Seat Reservation Criteria 2019
Candidates must note that there is no OBC Category in Odisha State, therefore the candidates who belong to OBC Category will be treated as Unreserved Category. The Minimum Qualifying Percentage of Marks of 50%. Candidates who are claiming reservation under Green Card Holder Category must be permanent natives of Odisha. The Odisha MBBS Reservation Category 2019 Policy is as follows-
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||5%|
Documents Required at the Time of Document Verification
Following are the documents that are required at the time of Document verification of Odisha MBBS Admission 2019-
- Secondary School Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Class 12thPass Certificate and Mark Sheet
- College/School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Odisha
- AIIMS/NEET 2019 Admit Card
- AIIMS/NEET 2019 Call letter
- Birth Certificate of the Candidate
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate (Qualifying Exam)
- Category Certificate (optional)
- Migration Certificate (from the last institution)
- Six recent passport size photograph.
Odisha MBBS Counselling 2019
The Counselling for Odisha MBBS Admission 2019 will take place based on the NEET 2019 Scores and Rank. For appearing the Counselling round, candidates have to register themselves first. It is expected that the counseling will take place in the month of July/August 2019. Candidates will have to pay Rs 1000 / Rs 500 (SC/ST/PWD) as a Counselling Fees. The payments can be done through offline and online.
Top Medical Colleges in Odisha
Some of the top Medical and Dental Colleges of Odisha are as follows-
- Sri Ram Chandra Bhanj Medical College and Hospital – Cuttack
- Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College and Hospital – Berhampur
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences – Bhubaneswar
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences – Bhubaneswar
- Bhava Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS – Bhubaneswar
- Sri Ram Chandra Bhanj Medical College and Hospital – Cuttack
- Institute of Dental Sciences – Bhubaneswar
- Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences- Bhubaneswar
- Gandhi Dental College – Bhubaneswar
- Hi-Tech Dental College and Hospital- Bhubaneswar
Odisha MBBS/ BDS Admission 2019 will be conducted purely based on the NEET 2019 Scores and Rank. Candidates will have to appear NEET Exam in order to get selected in the Government and Other Private Colleges of Odisha. The Application Forms will be available in July 2019. The Selection of the candidates will be through Counselling and Document Verification Round and the selected candidate’s name will be on the Merit List which is expected to be released on August 2019.