The Joint Entrance Examination is a 2 stage examination that is conducted for engineering and architecture aspirants from all over the country. The JEE Main will be conducted this year by National Testing Agency (NTA) twice. The first JEE Main will be conducted in the month of January 2019. The second exam will be conducted in April 2019. All those candidates who want admission in B. Tech/ B.E and B. Planning course offered in the NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs will be required to take the NTA JEE Main 2019. NTA JEE Main will be held from 6th -20th January 2019. And after the results of the same have been announced, candidates will be called for counselling. Given below are the details of NTA JEE Main counselling.
The candidates who have qualified in the NTA JEE Main 2019 will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure. The Joint Seat Allocation authority or JoSAA will be conducting the counselling for NTA JEE Main 2019 candidates. JoSAA will conduct online allocation of seats based on the applicant’s All India Rank in JEE Main, category, availability of seats and other factors. After the seat allocation, the applicants will have to report to their allotted Institute for document verification and fee payment.
Highlights of NTA JEE Main 2019 Counselling
- NTA JEE Main 2019 counselling will be conducted by JoSAA/CSAB for admission to IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs.
- For the seat allotment procedure, the candidate will have to mandatorily participate in the counselling procedure.
- Admission to the institute will be based on AIR and choices filled by the candidate.
Steps of JoSAA 2019 Counselling/ Seat Allotment
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Go to the official website of JoSAA and click on the Counselling 2019 link.
- Enter NTA JEE Main 2019 roll number and password and login.
- JoSAA Registration Form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill the form with the necessary details, select the declaration and click on submit.
- Check and verify all the details click on “Confirm Registration” button.
Step 2 – Online choice filling and locking
- Select Choice Available option and select the institute, its name and course applying for.
- Select your College Preference-wise and programme as many as you can.
- The applicant will have the option to edit/change/delete the filled in choice.
- Lock the choices.
Step 3 – JoSAA Seat Allotment
- In this step, candidates will be allotted highest possible seat according to the preference of the candidate but will also consider the AIR of the candidate.
- A few days after choice locking, the candidates will be communicated through the registered email ID or SMS on the registered mobile number on seat allotment.
- The candidate must download the seat allotment letter.
Step 4 – Seat Acceptance and Payment of Fee
- Those candidates who have accepted the allotted seat will be required to pay the seat acceptance fee through e-challan or SBI Net banking.
- Candidates have to get all the documents verified at the reporting center, for provisional seat acceptance.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued to the candidate.
- The last step will be to report to the allotted institute with original certificate and documents.
List of Documents to be brought for verification
- 3 Passport size Photographs
- NTA JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- NTA JEE Main Result 2019
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Seat Allotment letter
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)