MP MBBS Admission 2019: Department of Medical Education (DME) Madhya Pradesh will be conducting the annual admission counselling for medical under graduate aspirants under the state quota of Madhya Pradesh. Candidates who will be appearing and clearing NEET 2019 can register for the MP MBBS Admission 2019 from the third week of June 2019. DME will be responsible for about 85% of the total seat allotment. Interested candidates will have to register themselves from the official website, view the merit list, give college preferences, and wait for the seat allotment result. Candidates will have to confirm their admission within a given time frame.
In this article, viewers will learn about the MP MBBS/BDS Admission Dates, Registration Procedure, Merit List, Counselling and Seat Allotment.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
MP MBBS 2019 Admission – An Outline
- Department of Medical Education (DME) will be responsible for student allocation into various governmental and privatized colleges/institutes/universities located in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Counseling conducting body of Madhya Pradesh MBBS Admissions 2019 will be considering National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) score of the students to allot seats as per the latest norm.
- Programmes offered under NEET include Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Department of Medical Education (DME) will be taking care of 85% of the total candidate list; the remaining 15% will be controlled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Around 28 governmental and privatized college/institute/universities will be inviting students for admissions into MBBS and BDS programmes.
- There will be an estimated 1100 seats available for both MBBS and BDS UG programmes in Madhya Pradesh medical and dental colleges/institutes/universities.
MP MBBS Admission 2019 – Important Dates
Department of Medical Education (DME) will be releasing online applications for the MP MBBS Admission 2019, provisionally, during the third week of June 2019. Candidates will only have a few day opening of the registration window, and thus, candidates are hereby advised to get registered as soon the registration window opens. Given below is the complete schedule for MP MBBS 2019 Admissions.
|1||MP MBBS Admission Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||State Merit List Release||4th week of June 2019|
|4||Choice Filling and Locking||Last week of June 2019|
|5||Seat Allotment Result||1st week of July 2019|
|6||Admission Confirmation||2nd week of July 2019|
|7||Second Round Choice Filling||1st week of August|
|8||Seat Allotment Result||2nd week of August 2019|
|9||Admission Confirmation||3rd week of August 2019|
|10||Mop up Rounds||3rd week of August 2019|
MP MBBS/BDS 2019 Admission – Eligibility Criteria
To be able to participate in the Madhya Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019, candidates are required to clear certain guidelines set forth by the DME. These guidelines are espoused to maintain a specific standard in the student resources appearing in the Madhya Pradesh MBBS Counselling 2019. Refer to the table for detailed explication of Madhya Pradesh MBBS 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
|S. No.||Factor||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Nationality||· Candidates must be a citizen of India.
· Other than that, candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
|2||Domicile Factor||· Candidates seeking admissions for the medical programmes must satisfy the domicile criteria of Madhya Pradesh, i.e. students with either roots in Madhya Pradesh, who have spent considerable amount of years in the state of Madhya Pradesh, and has done their schooling from Madhya Pradesh will be considered eligible.
· Candidates must have passes 10+2 from the state board of Madhya Pradesh.
· Candidates who are wards of Freedom Fighters, Defense Personnel, and government service employees of Madhya Pradesh are eligible to apply.
|3||Age Factor||· The minimum age required to apply for Madhya Pradesh MBBS 2019 admissions is 17th years.
· The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories.
· There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.
|4||Qualifying Examination||· Qualifying examination will be National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
· Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of Madhya Pradesh or equivalent.
|5||Qualifying Subjects||· Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seek admission.
· Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
|6||Qualifying Marks/Percentage||· Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
· There will be relaxation of 5 percent for physically handicapped students,
· A relaxation of 10 percent will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories
MP MBBS Admission 2019 Application Form
Candidates who meet the Eligibility requirements can proceed to the registration process. Registration will mainly include creating a user ID, filling up of MP MBBS application form, uploading relevant documents, and application fee payment. The registration window will be open for only a few days; thus, candidates are advised to get registered as soon as possible. To successfully get registered, candidates can follow these steps given below.
- Register – Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of DME by providing a valid email and few basic details.
- Application Form Fill up – after registration, candidates will have to enter in personal and academic details.
- Uploading Documents – Recent passport size scanned photograph and scanned image of candidate’s signature is to be uploaded as per the official guidelines set forth by DME. Other than that, candidates will have to upload scanned images of their academic documents and ID proof.
- Application Fee Payment – Candidates will have to pay their application fees to finalize the registration process. The amount can be paid online via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
Merit List for MP MBBS 2019 Admissions
The Merit List for Admissions in Madhya Pradesh colleges and universities under medical programmes will be prepared by the DME on the basis of performance of candidates in NEET 2019, availability of seat, and number of applicants. Merit Lists are an essential decider for the seat allotment procedure. Madhya Pradesh Medical Counseling Body will be referring mostly to the Merit List. Apart from that, candidates under special categories will be given some preferences under quota. MP Medical Counseling Body will release Merit Lists for each counseling procedure. The first MP MBBS Merit List will be released around 4th week of June 2019 to 1st week July 2019.
MP MBBS 2019 Counseling
MP MBBS Counseling 2019 will be a straight forward procedure. MP Medical Counseling Conducting Authority will prepare a merit list based on the candidates who register for the MP MBBS/BDS admissions 2019. Merit Lists will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in NEET 2019. Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counseling sessions of MP MBBS admission 2019. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. Counseling session will go up to two or more rounds until the conclusion of the whole admission procedure.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate of MP
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for MP MBBS Admission 2019
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of MP MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counseling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Other Backward Classes||13%|
|Defense Personnel/Freedom Fighters||2%|
|NRI Quota (Private and Dental Colleges)||15%|
Participating Government/Private Medical & Dental College/Institute/University
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
- Gajraraja Medical College, Gwalior
- Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Indore
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur
- Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa
- Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar
- Datia Medical College
- Government Dental College, Indore
- People’s College of Medical College, Bhopal
- Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore
- RD Gardi Medical College, Ujjain
- Index Medical College, Indore
- LN Medical College, Bhopal
- Amaltas Medical College, Dewas
- Chirayu Medical College, Bhopal
- Index Institute of Medical Science, Indore
- Modern Dental College and Research Centre
- People’s College of Dental Science, Bhopal
- Sri Aurobindo College of Dentistry, Indore
- College of Dental Science, Rau
- Rishiraj College of Dental Sciences & Research Centre
- Bhabha College of Dental Sciences
- Mansarovar Dental College
- Maharana Pratap Dental College
- Hitkarini Dental College & Hospital
- Institute of Dental Education and Advanced Studies
- Guru Govind Singh College of Dental Science
- People’s Dental Academy, Bhopal.