Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) offers admission to various UG, PG, Diploma and certificate programmes. Applications have been invited for the academic session 2018-2019 for admission to regular mode programmes. Candidates interested in applying will be provided with the two options of admission through Entrance exam and through Merit. Online Application forms are available for both the modes on the official website i.e. www.manuu.ac.in
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates applying for the entrance exam should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the University. Get more details regarding the admission procedure, eligibility conditions, Result from the article here.
The official notification has been released by the University for the submission of the Application Form. The e-prospectus and online Application form have been made available on the official website from 18th February 2018. Aspirants can go through the important dates from the tabular format below:
|Issue of e notification||11th February 2018|
|Release of e- prospectus and online Application Form||18th February 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online Application form for admission through entrance test||26th March 2018|
|Last date for submission of Online Application form for admission through merit||09th July 2018|
|Part Time Programmes||10th August 2018|
MANUU 2018 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply for various programmes offered by MANUU by filling up the Application form now available online on the official website of the University. Candidates will be required to provide personal details and educational details and scanned documents while filling up the Application form.
Scanned Documents required while filling up the Application form:
- Proof of Urdu as a subject or as a language or as a medium of instruction at 10th or 12th or Graduation level.
- Photo of the candidate.
- Scanned signatire of the candidate.
- 10th class/equivalent marksheet as a proof of date of birth.
- Copies of certificates/marksheets of qulaifying examinations.
- Proof of caste/category certificate (if applicable)
- Application Fee for Foreign candidates will be 25 US$
- In case of the candidates applying through entrance exam:
- For General candidates the fee will be Rs. 550/-
- For candidates belonging to SC/STPWD/OBC (non creamy layer)/women candidates, the fee is Rs. 350/-
- In case of the candidates applying through merit based:
- The Application fee for General candidates will be Rs.350/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/OBC (Non creamy layer)/women candidates , the amount will be Rs.250.
MANUU Eligibility Criteria
Candidates will be required to go through the eligibility criteria in detail before applying for the admission to the University. In case the eligibility conditions are not fulfilled, the University reserves the right of cancelling the admission even if the candidate has qualified the exam.
The eligibility conditions are mentioned in the points below:
- For admission to the University programmes, the candidates should have studied and passed Urdu as a language or as a subject or as a medium of instruction 10th orr 12th or graduation level.
- The candidates should have studied the subject she/he is applying for from school and should have scored minimum marks as prescribed for the respective programme.
- Madarsa pass out students can visit the website for list of recognized programs for their eligibility.
The upper age limit of candidates applying for the exam is mentioned in the table below:
|U.G. Prgrammes||30 years||35 years|
|P.G. Prgrammes||35 years||40 years|
|Bridge Courses||28 years||30 years|
MANUU Admission Procedure
Maulana Azad National Urdu University will be offering admissions to the courses through entrance exam and through the merit-based system. Admission through entrance test will be given on the basis of merit secured by the candidate in the entrance exam while admission through merit is provided on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying exam. Courses under different programmes offered by the University are categorized on the basis of admission provided through entrance or merit. The online application forms has been released for the admission under both the modes. The last date for the submission of online application form for admission through entrance exam is on 26th March 2018 and for admission through merit is on 9th July 2018. Candidates can go through the tabular format below for the courses offering admission through which mode.
Admission through Entrance Test
|PhD Programme||Urdu, English, Hindi, Arabic, Persian, Women studies, Public Administration, Political Science, Social work, Islamic studies, History, Economics, Sociology, Education, Journalism & Mass Coummunication, Management, Commerce, Mathematics, Zoology, Computer Science.|
|PG Programme||MA (Arabic), MBA, MCA, M.Tech (Computer Science) & M.ed|
|UG Programmes||B.ed. And B.Tech.(Computer Science)|
|Professional Diplomas||Diploma in Elementary Education, Diploma in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Computer Science Engineering, Diploma in electronics and Communication Engineering & Diploma in Information Technology.|
Admission through Merit:
|Post Graduate Programmes||Urdu, English, Hindi, Translation Studies, Persian, Women Studies, Public Administration, Political Science, Social Work, Islamic Studies, History, Economics, Sociology, MA (Journalism and Mass Communication), M.Com and M.Sc. (Mathematics)|
|Under Graduate Programmes||B.A., B.A. (Hons)- JMC, B.Com., B.Sc. (Physical Sciences- MPC), B.Sc. (Physical Sciences- M.P.CS) and B.Sc. (Life Sciences-ZBC)|
|Bridge Courses||For students passed out from Madrasa for admission in under graduate (B.Com./B.Sc.) and Polytechnic Programmes.|
|PG Diploma and Diploma Programmes||P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking, P.G. Diploma in Retail Management, Lateral Entry for ITI students into polytechnics.|
|Part Time Diploma Programmes||In Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Persian and Islamic Studies.|
MANUU Hall Ticket
The hall ticket for MANUU entrance exam will be available on the official website of the University. Candidates who have successfully registered themselves by filling the Application form will be able to download the Application form. The availability of the hall ticket will be informed to the candidate through SMS and email. No hall tickets shall be sent through the post. It is a mandatory document which should be carried to the examination hall by the candidate. Please mention the valid phone number and email for receiving the instructions from the University. It must be noted that the candidate is required to carry at least one original photo ID (PAN card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License etc.) along with the Hall Ticket on the day of the exam. Hall Ticket is a mandatory document, its absence will prohibit the candidate from appearing for the exam.
- Those who applied will be able to access the Hall ticket without verifying whether or not they satisfy the eligibility criterian for admission to the programme. This will be finally verified at the time of counselling and admission, if selected. Therefor, candidates are advised to go through the prospectus carefully before filling the Application Form.
- At any stage if it is found out that any candidate does not fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements and other claims, her/his candidature will not be considered for admission and if the admission is granted it will be liable for cancellation.
The result of MANUU will be available on the official website of the University. The admission list will be declared by the University for the academic session 2018-2019 after the entrance exam procedure gets over. The rank list will contain the name and the roll number of the candidate who have qualified the entarnce exam. There will be a release of separate merit list of the candidates who have applied under the Merit mode of admission.
Verification of documents at the time fo admission: The qulalification/academic credentials, categories of relaxation & reservation etc, claimed by the applicants will be verified by the University at the time of admission. Deficiency in any form at the time of documents verification may lead to rejection of admission.
Instructions for candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination:
- Candidates who are appearing or have appeared for the qualifying exam may also apply and appear for the entrance test.
- Candidates will be considered eligible only if she/he secured the prescribed marks in the entrance exam and also secure minimum marks in the qualifying examination as decided by the University.
- Candidates are required to produce mark sheets and other documents in original at the time of admission. No other correspondance with the University will be entertained.