Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is one of the premier universities in India. The JNU Entrance Examination (JNUEE) is conducted for the selection of candidates for admission into various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, M.Phil/PhD and Part-time courses offered by the university.
All the candidates aspiring to appear in the JNUEE 2019 will be required to fill the application form. The application has to be filled online only and no offline mode will available.
How to Fill the JNUEE Application Form
The online application procedure will include the following steps:
- Online Registration
- Fill details
- Upload images
- Fee Payment
- Print online application
The steps are elaborated below.
Online registration will be done in the following steps:
- Visit the main website of JNU
- Click on the button “Apply Online”
- Candidates have to select the Entrance exam they will be applying for. The following options will be available:
- Application for Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE)
- Application for Combined Entrance Exam for Biotechnology
- Application for M.Phil/PhD/M.Tech programme under JRF, DBT
- On selecting the link of the exam you desired to apply for, some instructions will be displayed on the screen. Click on the “I Accept Apply Online” button below the instructions.
- On the registration form that appears, candidates have to fill the following details:
- Programme of study you wish to apply.
- Name of Candidate.
- E-mail Address
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Password (8-16 characters long with atleast alphabet, 1 number and 1 special character)
After you enter all the details, “Register Now” Button has to be clicked.
Candidates will be notified on the E-mail ID and Mobile number provided regarding the success of the registration.
Candidates have to fill the following details on the application form:
- Personal Details
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name or Guardian’s name
- Select income Group
- Schooling from government school or others
- Whether you belong to Urban/Rural Area
- Minority Community (Yes/No)
- PwD Category
- Below Poverty Line (Yes/no)
- Leprosy Affected (Yes/No)
- Are you a Kashmiri Migrant (Yes/No)
- Wards of Defence personnel
- Category (General/OBC/ST/SC)
- State of Domicile
- Entrance Exam Centre
- Wards of JNU Employee (Group C/Group D/None)
- No of fields of study you wish you apply for
- Select the course you wish to apply for preference wise
- After entering the details, enter the Code displayed on the image and then click on “Save & Continue”.
- Communication Details
- Pin Code
- Select if your permanent address is same as correspondence address. If not, enter your permanent address separately.
- After entering your address details, enter the code on the image and then click on “Save & Continue”.
- Educational Details
Candidates have to enter the following details regarding their Class 10th, Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2), Graduation and Postgraduation:
- Select if the exam is the qualifying exam for the course you have applied for
- Year of Passing/Appearing
- % of marks/ Grade
- Name of School
- School/college located in India or Abroad
- State/District country and place if Abroad
- Whether through distance mode (Yes/no)
- Name of University/ Board
Enter the captcha image code and then click on “Save & Continue”
Upload Images of Photograph and Signature
Candidates have to upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature in the dimensions and sizes as shown in the table below:
20 KB to 50 KB
150px width & 200px height
10 KB to 20 KB
140px width & 60px height
Pay the Application Fees
The application procedure will be completed only after the successful payment of the application fees. The application fee for different categories and number of courses of study opted for are enlisted below:
Number of options
B.A. (Hons.) 1st and 2nd year course and all other Part Time courses
M.Phil./M.Tech./MPH/ Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., M.A., M.Sc., M.C.A.
For 1 preference
For 2 preferences
For 3 preferences
The application fee has to be paid online using your Credit Card/Debit Card/ SBI Netbanking.
Printout the Application Form
After the payment has been made and all the details will be entered correctly, candidates will have to take a printout of their online application form and keep it safe for future reference.