JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 will take place in June 2020. The Counselling Process will take place offline in three rounds followed by an Open Round Counselling. Selected candidates will have to report the venue at given particular date and time. After that, the document verification and seat allotment process will take place. All the dates will be available on the official website regarding the JIPMER MBBS Counselling. Therefore, if you are appearing for JIPMER Entrance Exam this year, then do check the counselling dates and process here. This article has all the information regarding the JIPMER Counselling and much more. The Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research is the main conducting body of the JIPMER 2020 MBBS Counselling. Read the article to know more about the counselling process.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Check NEET 2020
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 Dates
The Official Dates of JIPMER 2020 Counselling has not been announced yet. Though we have provided the tentative dates of JIPMER Counselling Rounds.
|Events||Dates of Counselling (Tentative)|
|Result Declaration of JIPMER 2020||June 2020|
|First Round of JIPMER Counselling||June 2020|
|Classes Commence Dates||July 2020|
|Second Round of Counselling||July 2020|
|Third Round of Counselling||August 2020|
|Open Round of Counselling||September 2020|
|Closing Date of JIPMER MBBS Admissions 2020||September 2020|
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020
The JIPMER MBBS Counselling starts from June 2020. The Counselling Round will take place offline and will be held in three rounds followed by an Open Round. The Counselling of JIPMER 2020, will take place for Puducherry and Karaikal Campus. Since the counselling process will take place offline, therefore the candidates have to report the counselling venue at a particular date and time. If you are absent in your given date of counselling round, then you will be declared ineligible for further rounds of JIPMER MBBS 2020 Counselling. For each round of counselling, the number of candidates will be eight times the number of seats available.
Check JIPMER Eligibility 2020
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 – Stages
The JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 will take place offline in three rounds followed by an Open Round Counselling.
The JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 includes the following stages-
- Registration Process
- Biometric Finger Print Verification
- Image/Photo Verification
- Documents check
- Selection of the Campus
- Payment of the Admission Fees on the counselling day
Reporting Venue JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020: JIPMER Academic Center, JIPMER Campus, Dhanvantri Nagar, Puducherry -06
Check the JIPMER 2020 Application Form
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 Procedure
JIPMER Puducherry will release the dates on the website. The Notice includes the date, time and venue of the counselling round.
The step by step process for JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 is as follows-
If you have qualified the JIPMER Exam 2020, will be included on the merit list. You will have to report the JIPMER Counselling Venue at the given date and time. After reporting the counselling venue, you will have to register yourself giving your personal and educational details.
Biometric and Photograph Verification
In this stage, you will have to undergo a biometric fingerprint and document verification process. If in case, there is a mismatch in the fingerprint or photograph details, then you will not be eligible for the further counselling process. There are chances, that the Institute might take serious actions. Therefore, make sure that you carry the photograph which is recent and the one that you have uploaded at the time of filling the application process.
Certificate /Document Verification
In this process, you will have to get your documents verified. The Counselling Authority will verify your documents. The list of the documents that will undergo document verification in JIPMER MBBS Counselling is as follows-
- JIPMER Admit Card signed by the Invigilator during the examination
- The Rank Letter of JIPMER 2020
- Class 10th Passing Certificate and Marksheet
- 12th Class Passing and Marksheet
- Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of the Tahsildar
- Caste Certificate issued by the Revenue Officer.
- Transfer Certificate issued from the Head of the Institute last attended.
- Residence Certificate/Employee Certificate for Residents of Puducherry.
- Medical Certificate (optional) for PWD Candidates
- Six Recent Passport size color photographs.
JIPMER Counselling 2020
Once, the document verification, biometric and photograph verification is done, candidates will be called out for counselling round. On the basis of the merit list, candidates will be called out for the JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020. UR/PWD Seats will be filled first. After the counselling of these seats, candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC Category will be called out for the counselling. After that, the seats available for Puducherry candidates will be conducted.
Selection of the JIPMER Campus
In this process, candidates have to select for the campus they wish to take admission in. The selection of the campus will be as per the merit list/rank. Candidates must note that the authorities will not allow sliding from one campus to another if a particular campus is selected.
Payment of the Admission Fees
If you opt for a seat in the counselling round, then you have to make the payment of the academic fees on the day of the counselling itself. The fees have to be paid in the form of Demand Draft. The Conducting Body will issue the admission letter once the fee payment s confirmed.
The fee structure of JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 and Admission is as follows-
|Indian Nationals (p.a)||Rs 1400/-|
|NRI/OCI (one-time)||Rs 75, 000 + Transaction Charges|
How to Check JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020?
- The JIPMER MBBS Counselling Details will be available in the form of Notice (PDF) Format.
- Candidates have to visit the official website and click on the link of counselling details.
- The PDF Notice will be displayed on the screen.
List of the Details Available on the Counselling Letter of JIPMER MBBS
- Starting and Closing Date of the Registration
- Counselling Time
- Category of the Candidates
- Open and Closing Rank of the candidates
- Number of Candidates
- Total Number of Candidates
- Roll Number of the Candidates
- Number of Vacant Seats
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 Rounds
JIPMER MBBS First Round of Counselling
Candidates who are attending the first round of counselling, will not be eligible to attend for the second round of counselling. A total of eight candidates will be selected for one seat from each category. Candidates who have scored the minimum required percentile will be eligible to participate in the document verification and seat allotment process.
Second Round of Counselling of JIPMER
The counseling process of the second round is similar to that of the first round of counselling. The second counselling will start once the first round of counseling is over. the Counseling Authorities will release the list of the eligible candidates for the second round of counselling. Candidates who do not opt for this round of counselling will be eligible for the third round of counseling.
Open Round of Counselling
If there are any seats remain vacant after the three rounds of counselling, then the open round counselling will take place. Candidates who have been on the with-held position will be eligible to attend the JIPMER Open Round Counselling.
The Counseling of the candidates will take place on the basis of the merit ranks and scores of the applicants. As per the official notification, the ratio of the available number of seats to the candidates seeking admission is 1:8 Ratio.
Seat Reservation of JIPMER MBBS 2020
A total of 200 Seats are reserved for JIPMER MBBS Counselling. A total of 150 seats are reserved under JIPMER Puducherry and 50 seats are reserved under JIPMER Karaikal. The seats reserved for OPH Candidates are not counted as extra seats as that is the Horizontal Reservation.
Availability of Seats for JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020
The Distribution of seats for JIPMER MBBS 2020 Counselling is as follows-
|JIPMER Campus||Number of Seats|
|JIPMER Puducherry Campus||150 seats|
|JIPMER Karaikal Campus||50 seats|
|Total Number of Seats||200 Seats|
Reservation of Seats for Puducherry Residents Quota
Candidates who want to seek admission under Puducherry Resident Quota has to satisfy the following criteria-
- You need to have a Permanent Integrated Certificate that has to be issued by the Department of Disaster and Management or by the administrative office concerned.
- Candidates must have passed 10th from the Union Territory and must have completed five years of continuous study. Also, it is required that the candidates must be a continuous resident of Puducherry for five years.
- Candidates Parents must be an employee of Puducherry Government or Central Government at least for three consecutive years. In this case, candidates must have completed their Class 12th from an Institution located in Puducherry and must have studied for a successive of two years.
- Candidates whose parent was an employee of Defence Personnel/Central Paramilitary Force killed or disabled in action or has declared Puducherry as his/her eligible hometown.
JIPMER Category-Wise Shortlisted Candidates
First Round -Ranks Invited
Second Round Ranks Invited
Third Round- Ranks Invited
JIPMER Previous Year Statistics
In 2018, a total of 1, 54, 491 candidates appeared in the JIPMER Entrance Examination ou of which 78, 053 cleared the exam. The category-wise opening and closing rank details of JIPMER 2018 is given below-
|Puducherry campus||Karaikal campus|
|First rank||Last rank||First rank||Last rank|
JIPMER Seat Reservation – Category Wise
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total Seats|
JIPMER Seat Reservation 2020 – Orthopedically Handicapped Candidates
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
The JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020 will start from June 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be eligible for counselling round. On the basis of their ranks on the merit list, the applicants will be called out to participate in the counselling. The Counselling Process will take place in three rounds and if any seats are left vacant, then an Open Round Counselling will be held. After the counseling round, document verification and seat allotment round will be conducted. Candidates must note that the counselling process will take place offline. If you have any queries regarding the counseling, then contact the Counselling Authority.
Check AIIMS MBBS 2020
Highlights of JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2020
- Counselling Process of JIPMER starts from June 2020.
- The Counselling Round will take place offline.
- There will be three rounds of counselling including an Open Round Counselling.
- Eligible candidates will have to report the venue at given date and time.
- The JIPMER Counselling also includes the Document Verification and Seat Allotment Round.