Joint Admission Counselling JAC Delhi is the centralized procedure of taking admissions to undergraduate courses offered by four participating institutes of JAC Delhi 2018. Candidates are required to go through the Joint Admission Counselling procedure in detail after the official announcement by the organizing body. Joint Admission Counselling (Delhi) gives an opportunity to students who want to pursue their career in Engineering and architecture. There are only four technical institutes/universities who participate in JAC Counselling namely DTU (Delhi Technological University), NSIT (Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology), IGDTUW (Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for women) and IIIT-D (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi). Universities which offers courses in engineering are DTU, IGDTUW, IIIT-D, and NSIT while a course in Architecture is offered only by IGDTUVW. Candidates should in keep in mind the details of courses and specifications about which college is offering which course.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JAC Delhi 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are various eligibility conditions which are required to be met by the candidates. These include qualifying exam, the minimum number of marks to be secured in the exam (both qualifying and JEE Main) and the percentage of seats on the basis of the region from where candidate belongs and the reservation criteria to be fulfilled by the candidate.
Important of them are given below:
- Admission to institutes/universities in B.E./B.Tech courses will be strictly on the basis of All India Rank in JEE Main- Paper.
- Admission in B.Arch. will be on the basis of AIR in JEE Main- Paper 2.
- Admission to Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-D) will be on the total marks obtained in Paper-1 of JEE Main and bonus marks for achievements in areas like sports and culture.
- The candidate must have passed the class 12th exam conducted by CBSE or any other equivalent examination.
- Any other examination recognized equivalent to senior school certificate examination of the C.B.S.E.
Minimum Marks Criteria in Qualifying Examination
- For B.E./B.Tech Courses at DTU, IGDTUW, and NSIT a candidate should have secured 60 percent or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and should have English as a subject of study in their qualifying examination.
- For B.Tech Course at IIIT-D, a candidate must have secured 80 percent or more marks in the aggregate of best of five subjects including Physics, Chemistry and Math and 80 percent or more in Mathematics in their qualifying examination.
- For B.Arch. course at IGDTUW, a candidate shall be eligible for admission if she has secured 50 percent or more marks in aggregate and has passed mathematics as a subject.
Delhi Region Candidates- If a candidate is passing their qualifying examination from institute/ school/college located within National Capital Territory of Delhi. They will be considered for admission in Delhi Region only. They have the reservation of 85% of seats.
Outside Delhi Region Candidates- If a candidate is passing a qualifying examination outside from a school/college/university located outside the National Capital Territory of Delhi, these candidates will be considered for admission in outside Delhi Region only. They have the reservation of 15% of seats.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Relaxation for the candidates in minimum marks criterion in qualifying examination belonging from Reserved Category:
For DTU and IGDTUW only
- OBC-NCL (Other Backward Class): They will be allowed the relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks criterion in the qualifying examination.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST): They will be allowed the relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum marks criterion in the qualifying examination.
- Defence: Allowed a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks criterion.
- Differently-abled person: People under this category will be given the relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum marks criterion.
For NSIT only
- Other Backward Class: Candidates shall be allowed the relaxation of 10% in the minimum marks criterion.
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe: Candidates shall be required to just pass in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
- Defence: Candidates will be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks criterion in the qualifying examination.
- Differently Abled Person: They shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks.
For IIIT-D only
- Other Backward Class: Candidates shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks.
- Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe: Candidates can claim a relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum marks criterion of qualifying exam.
- Defence: Reservation for candidates under this category is of 5% marks in the minimum marks of a qualifying exam.
- Differently abled person: Candidates under this category shall be allowed a reservation of 5% marks in the minimum marks criterion of qualifying exam.
JAC DELHI 2018 Reservation Criteria
Allotment of seats in the participating colleges will be in accordance with JAC 2018 reservation criteria. In addition to the categories, each institute will also have reservation for sub-categories like ‘Differently abled person’ and ‘Disabilities’. The category wise reservation of seats is given below
Category Percentage Scheduled Caste 15% Scheduled Tribe 7.5% Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL) 27%