The Directorate of Employment & Craftsmen Training, Assam under the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of Assam initiates the Admissions into various courses into ITI institutes across the states of Assam.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The process is conducted online and Candidates with minimum education qualification of Class 8th Pass or 10th pass can apply for various engineering and non-engineering trades.
The National Informatics Centre (NIC), an organization of Government of India under Union Ministry of Information Communication & Technology for providing ICT based solutions to Government and Semi-Government organizations, has been entrusted to accomplish the task of Software development, launching of Web-based Online off-campus counseling for admissions to all the courses being running in all the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) in the State.
Eligibility For ITI Assam 2018 Admissions
The minimum eligibility conditions that a candidate must meet before proceeding to apply for admissions into ITI Assam institutes are:
- The candidate must have passed the entry qualifying examination (class 8th or class 10th ) based on the trade he/she wishes to apply for.
- For Non-Engineering trades, the candidates must have passed the entry qualification examination in English.
- For Engineering trades, the candidates must have passed the entry qualification examination in Mathematics and English.
- The candidates must be of 14 years of age at least as on 1st August 2018.
The entire counselling process for Admissions into ITI Assam shall include the following main steps:
- Verification of documents at Govt. ITI
- Online Choice Filling
- Allotment of Seats
- Reporting at the allotted institute and admissions
- Subsequent rounds of allotment
Registration For ITI Assam 2018
The registration procedure for ITI Assam 2018 includes the following steps:
- Visit the website www.itiassam.nic.in and Click on the NEW REGISTRATION tab.
- On the web page that appears, you shall be required to fill in the following details:
- Candidate Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- The State of Domicile
- Mobile No.
- Email ID
- Entry Qualification
In case of 8th Class pass as entry qualification, you are required to fill the marks of subjects of 8th class pass only for applying in the under matric trades having 8th pass entry qualification.
In case of 10th Class pass as entry qualification, you are required to fill the marks of subjects of 10th class for applying for post matric trades and the marks of subjects of class 8th if you wish to apply for under matric trades.
The following information has to be filled for each class passed:
- Exam Passed,
- Year Of passing
- Total Marks
- Marks Obtained and
- Marks obtained in each subject for each passed class (8th, 9th , 10th) as the case may be and Subject-wise total marks and also indicating whether the candidate is pass/fail in a particular subject.
- Create your password that you shall be using throughout the entire admission process.
- After saving all the particulars, a screen will be displayed which will show a unique number to be remembered by the candidate.
- Take a printout of the filled application.
Verification Of Documents at Govt. ITI
After taking a print out of the filled application, you are required to visit your nearest govt. ITI to get your original documents verified.
- The candidates who have applied for the trade for entry qualification of class VIII pass trades shall produce the certificate in the format shown above along with original mark sheets, while verification of their documents.
- For 10th pass entry qualification, they will produce HSLC pass documents & mark sheets at the time of verification
Filling of Choices
After successful verification, you can proceed to feel the choice of your trades and institutions. This can be accomplished in the following steps:
- Log In to the home page www.itiassam.nic.in using the Roll no. Given on the printed and the password you created during registration.
- Available choices: Click on this link to go through all the available choices that you can opt for.
- Fill choices: Click on this option to select your choice of institutes and courses and arrange them according to your priorities.
- Display filled choices: After successful selection of courses and institutes, click on this option to see the choices you have made arranged according to your priority.
- Save the choices within the given time.
Allotment of Seats
After the filling of choices is over, seats will be allotted to the candidates based on his/her merit, eligibility and availability of seats. The seats will be allocated on merit, based on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the entry qualification examination.
The following order of priorities will be followed in case of a tie i.e candidates scoring the same marks on the qualifying exam:
- In case of post matric trade:
Marks obtained in Mathematics in HSLC ii. Marks obtained in English in HSLC
- In case of Under matric trade:
Marks obtained in Mathematics in class 8th ii. Marks obtained in English in Class 8th
- If still the marks obtained by the Candidates are same, then the seat will be allotted through randomization by the System.
Allocation of seats will be intimated to the candidate through SMS in the mobile number to be given by the candidate at the time of registration.
Reporting at the Allotted Institute and Admissions
After you have been allotted a seat, log in to your page on the website www.itiassam.nic.in and download and print the allotment letter.
Visit the allotted ITI and accept your admission by paying the Admission Fee.
However, Note the following points:
- If no seat is allotted, then you have to participate in the next counselling by filling the choices again.
- If you are allotted a seat and don’t take admission, then your candidature will be forfeited for the entire admission process.
- If you are allotted a seat and you don’t wish to freeze it, pay the admission fees and request for up-gradation to get a better choice in the next round of allotment. The candidature will be auto-upgraded as per the Choice Filling is already done by you.
- After upgradation in the next round, you must join the newly allotted seat and the previously admitted seat will be automatically cancelled. In that case, your admission fees will be refunded after completion of the whole admission process.
Admission Fees For Ncvt & Scvt Trades
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 600/- (one year)
Rs. 1200/- (two years)
|Cautionary fees (refundable)||Rs. 250/-|
|Registration Fees||Rs. 25/-|
|Medical Examination Fees||Rs. 25/-|
|Trainees Union Fees||Rs. 175/- (one year)
Rs. 350/- (two years)
|Hostel service charge (where applicable)||Rs. 50/-|
|Hostel Caution Money (where applicable)(Refundable)||Rs. 250/-|
Course fees for IMC run SCVT courses to be paid at a time
|Non Engineering courses||Rs. 15,000/- per year|
|Engineering courses||Rs. 16,500/- per year|
Reservation of Seats under ITI Assam
The category wise reservation of seats are shown in the table below:
|Caste/Community||Seats reserved according to area wise location|
|General areas||Tribal areas||Hills areas/sub-plains|
|Ex-Tea Garden||2 seats each in each trade|
|OBC including MOBC||15%||15%||15%|
That’s all about ITI ASSAM ADMISSIONS 2018. We shall keep you updated with the latest updates and notifications.