Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is widely considered as one of the leading institutes in the world for the study of statistics and related sciences. ISI has its headquarters in Kolkata and it also has its centres at major cities of India such as Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai and Tezpur.
The selection of candidates for admission into various courses offered by the institute is based on their performance in the admission test which is followed by an interview of shortlisted candidates.
The notification for ISI 2019 admissions into B Stat (Hons.), B Math (Hons.), M Stat, M Math, MS (QE), MS (QMS), MS (LIS), M Tech (CS), M Tech (CrS), M Tech (QROR), PG Diplomas and Research Fellowships programmes offered by the institute will be releasing in February 2019.
The Tentative schedule of important dates regarding ISI Admission Test 2019 is mentioned in the tabular format below.
Online Application Starts
Online Application Ends
Payment of Application Fee Starts
Payment of Application Fee Ends
Issue of Admit Card Starts
ISI Admission Test
How to Fill the Application Form for ISI Admission Test
Before proceeding to fill the application form candidates will have to ensure that they have the minimum educational qualification necessary to apply for the course. Candidates who will be appearing in the qualifying exam will be permitted to apply but they must have been passed the examination by 1st July 2019.
The application will have to be filled in an online admission portal of ISI which will be https://www.isical.ac.in/~admission/ . Candidates staying in India only will have to apply through the online portal. Those staying outside India will have to contact the Dean’s office at the e-mail address: [email protected] .
The application procedure will be including the following steps:
- Visit the Admission portal.
- Register at ISI admission Portal and create your Login Account. You will have to provide your Email ID and Mobile number while registering. Ensure that you have a working Email ID and Mobile number as you will be intimated regarding various updates through them.
- The application form will have to be filled. Provide all the particulars asked in the form correctly and as they appear in your official documents.
- Photograph and signature will have to be uploaded. Scanned images of the photograph (in which the face must be clearly and completely visible) and the signature of the applicant must have been uploaded in any of the formats bmp/gif/png/jpg/jpeg, with sizes and dimensions as specified below:
Maximum permissible size
600 pixels (width) × 600 pixels (height)
800 pixels (width) × 300 pixels (height)
Candidates seeking admissions under reserved categories must also be uploaded the following documents as applicable:
- Caste certificates (Scheduled Caste/Schedules Tribes/Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer)and/or
- Disability Certificates issued by the appropriate authority
OBC-NCL certificates that are issued prior to April 1, 2018 will not be considered valid for admission in the session 2019-2020
Pay the application fees. The application fee will have to be paid only after two working days from the day of completion of the application form at the admission portal. You will be needing your Application No. and Date of Birth for payment of application fee.
You can retrieve your Application No. after selecting Admission Status link on the ISI Admission Portal.
The fee will have to be paid using credit card/Debit card/net banking on the state bank of India (SBI) collect website that you will be redirected to.
The application fee shall be as follows:
Please note that you shall have to pay bank charges in addition to that.
After two working days from the date of payment of application fee, check the Admission Status at the ISI Admission Portal for fee verification.
General Instructions to the Candidate for Filling the Application Form
Please note the following points regarding online Application form filling for ISI Admission Test:
- Please go through the prospectus carefully before filling the application form.
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply for a particular course. If at any point it is found that you do not meet the minimum eligibility conditions, your candidature shall be rejected.
- Candidates who have completed or are yet to appear in the qualifying examination may also apply. Upon selection, they shall be allowed for provisional admission. However, their final examinations must be completed before 31st July 2019, otherwise, their admission shall be cancelled.
- If a student had failed in a programme of the Institute and had been asked to discontinue, he/she will not be eligible for admission to that programme.
- Applications will have to be submitted before the last date as notified.